Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Anime] Need a new anime to watch (preferably finished)

So I am needing a new anime to watch, and figured I would come here to get people's opinions.

I tend to like shounen type anime, but that doesn't mean I am not willing to try out something different.

Currently I am watching Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto Shippuden. Also trying to watch Hellsing Ultimate OVA whenever a new episode comes out.

I have watched:
    Full Metal Alchemist (both original and Brotherhood)
    Dragonball
    Dragonball Z
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Samurai Champloo
    Berserk
    Claymore
    Yu-yu Hakusho
    Hajime no Ippo (and new challenger)
    Buso Renkin
    D-Gray Man
    Soul Eater
    Code Geass 1 and 2
    Death Note
    Gintama
    Original Hellsing
    Trigun
    Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Birdy the Mighty
    Lupin the third
    Cowboy Bebop

I am sure I have seen others but cannot recall any more heh. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    I really enjoyed the Code Geass shows, as well as Gintama and Samurai Champloo. Bleach and Naruto are pretty good, but I mainly like them because the story is going still, as is the case with One piece. Hajime no Ippo was probably the oddball of the group, but I found the anime so damn funny... lol Well that and Gintama. Gintama was just a masterful piece of work imo. Sad they stopped making episodes, it was hilarious and had great action all in one.
    Last edited by valden83; 2011-05-08 at 07:02 AM.

Have you perused Sy's anime list? It's a lengthy thing but it might have some good ideas. And as far as personal recommendations there's not much that I've seen that you haven't >.< And our favorites match up. I guess Baccano!, Hunter X Hunter, Serial Experiments Lain and Air Gear are the only things I can think of that I can think of....

Defiantly Full metal alchemist brotherhood if you haven't seen it, its one of my fav's.
    What's up Guys Syiler Here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvL...r9S7buOA_-Vr7Q!
    Guide and Info content Creator for WoW and other MMOs/RPGs

I suggest this in every thread I run across, but since it's not on your list I'll throw it out there again:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's a little weak near the beginning of the series because the original FMA covers much of the content so they sort of speed through the first ~12-15 episodes. But after that it comes into its own; the last 20 or so episodes are amazing (it's 64 episodes long).

Other than that if you liked some of those you might like:
    -Katanagatari: Two people searching Japan for legendary swords. It's a highly stylized series, but I thought worth a watch; 12 50-hour episodes.
    -Black Lagoon: bears a passing resemblance to Cowboy Bebop in that it's about a semi-wandering mercenary group except this series is about pirates on the South China sea. One of the few anime where I can say the dub is about as good as the sub. Although as a small warning it's pretty violent, vulgar, and dark.
    -Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: futuristic series about a taskforce dedicated to combating cybercrime.

Ahhh yes, I forgot to put Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood on my list. I have seen both and yes, brotherhood was fantastic.

I have thought about checking out Ghost in the Shell, as I hear many people talk highly of it.

I would suggest X-1999, XXXHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles - all made by Clamp though geared towards more mature audiences.
    "A forest of thorns shall be his tomb.
    Borne through the skies on a fog of doom!
    Now go with a curse and serve me well.
    Around Stefan's castle, cast my spell!"

Deleted
    Star driver, so ugly, still such an awsome anime! and kara no kyoukai, the garden of sinners, around 7 "movies" rly long episodes. oh and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is pretty awsome.

Baccano!

You will watch it

you will be amazed

now! Go!
    Twas brillig

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Also, for a laugh, check out the TeamFourStar Dragonball Z Abridged series on youtube. The voice acting they do is actually quite good and it's damn funny.

Deleted
    best one i found n watched was One Piece

Yu Yu Hakusho is a great one to watch, 112 episodes and its finished.
    If you wanna try out something new, try out Clannad, Toradora, Kanon, Kimi ni todoke
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

You've seen quite a bit but just a few i can think of

FMA: Brotherhood
    Gungrave
    Prince of Tennis
    Darker Than Black

Bleach

They are still making the English dubbed version, but the English sub and Japanese versions are finished.

You must watch this, i <3 Bleach

There's this series Titled Rainbow....something about Seven boys who are in Japan's equivalent of Juvinial Hall in the time shortly after Nagisaki and Hiroshima got bombed.

Or Baccanno, Hunter x Hunter, and I can't think of others off the top of my head that you don't have listed.

Just a few I've watched and thought good to enough to watch again...

Shadow Skill
    Elfen Lied
    Trinity Blood
    Jyu Oh Sei
    Kuroshitsuji
    Outlaw Star
    .hack//roots
    07 Ghost
    Ao No Exorcist <- New only 3 subbed episodes so far.
    Chrono Crusade
    Basilisk
    Bastard
    Black Blood Brothers
    Fate Stay Night <- there's a series and movie both of which play out a bit differently
    Cowboy Bebop
    Devil May Cry <- Not the greatest but if you played the game you may enjoy.

I'll stop here before I get too out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashbubblehearth View Post
    Bleach

They are still making the English dubbed version, but the English sub and Japanese versions are finished.

You must watch this, i <3 Bleach
    its not finished

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

Darker then Black (there is also a second season to it but i haven't gotten around to watching it yet so don't know if it's finished)
    Angel Beats - pretty short only like 12 episodes but amazing imo
    Star Driver

CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD !!

zombies, can't go wrong with zombies and lots of fan fare
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.