Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keRmis View Post
    Everyone is forgetting Cannibalize. Pretty good in PvE (for healers) if you know how to use it! Shadow resistance and frost resistance as well.
    I didn't include it because I didn't think it was usable in combat, but it's on there now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance does have pvp oriented racials, while Horde has pve racials. But, I do not think either side wins or loses more or less than the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Horde tend to attract more like-minded asenine people who think they are better than the rest of humanity gamers. Alliance tends to attract more casual players who take the time to enjoy the game, as well as some hardcore ones. That isn't to say that there can't be bad horde or good allies, but that is just how it is. It's why horde win about the same amount of Battlegrounds as alliance (just based on region/realm difference, and have about the same rate of progression, albeit the top guilds are currently horde)
    Fixed your post there for you.

Dont color your opinion of statistics as fact and force it down everyone's throat there. The sides are balanced across the entire spectrum, while certain regions may be imbalanced, they even out when comparing it to the rest of the statistics. Even blizz just clarified this in their recent post.

While horde have the top guilds in progression, that is only because horde racials provide a more preferable boost to PVE statistics for raiding. Most of the top guilds are min/maxers and will take advantage of any boost they can get, which is why almost all of them roll Horde.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    From a purely racials stand point, I would say Horde is better. Forgive me if I miss any

Horde Racials:

Orc - 5% Pet Damage and 5 EXP from Axes and Fist Weapons and mini-trinket
    Tauren - 5% Stamina (arguably the best race for a tank) and Warstomp (situationally useful, ie cho'gal MC)
    Undead - Will of the Forsaken (although not brilliant, still very useful)
    Blood Elf - Arcane Torrent (fabulous for healers and situationally useful - same as Warstomp)
    Troll - Haste mini-trinket
    Goblin - 1% increased cast/attack speed

Alliance

Human - PvP Trinket, situationally useful in PvE (very good on Halfus for example) and umm sword expertise I think it is?
    Gnome - Intellect bonus great for casters
    Dwarf - 10% reduced damage use (fights with Tauren imo for best tank racial) and gun expertise
    Night Elf - Shadowmeld (semi-useless in PvE)
    Draenei - 1% Hit rating is brilliant for all DPS, Gift of the Naaru is great for Healers and not half bad for tanks
    Worgen - 1% more damage is obviously good for DPS
    This ^^ if your after how each faction can benefit a raid etc.

If not and your just researching to see what faction ranks up the most then:-
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melvinoo View Post
    yea ally is aloooooooooooooooot better talking in stormscale horde just camp mid while alliance run with flag to thair base just an example
    Obviously you don't mean Stormscale EU, it's questionably the best realm/battlegroup for PvPers and it's full of Horde
    Last edited by Defiant; 2011-05-08 at 10:20 PM.

not to mention the fact that horde is generally more attractive to the younger audience..this isn't a knock on either faction its just simply true

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Dont color your opinion of statistics as fact and force it down everyone's throat there. The sides are balanced across the entire spectrum, while certain regions may be imbalanced, they even out when comparing it to the rest of the statistics. Even blizz just clarified this in their recent post.
    Lothareyn I'd take your point a lot more seriously if you didn't break it yourself with the first half of your post

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdeath View Post
    not to mention the fact that horde is generally more attractive to the younger audience..this isn't a knock on either faction its just simply true
    Mostly this, people would rather be the big bad asses than a regular human.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Very untrue at least in the EU. There are numerous servers in the EU with 0 wowprogress ranked guilds on alliance side.
    Yep.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/%D...B4%D1%83%D1%88

Don't mind the link, it's a Russian realm, so it uses the alt codes for each letter.

Out of like 170+ guilds, 2 are alliance. Poor guys.

But then you look at something like this:

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/%D...BD%D0%BD%D0%B8

Where it's all mainly Alliance.

Most servers SEEM to be balanced in favor of horde, however it really depends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Lothareyn I'd take your point a lot more seriously if you didn't break it yourself with the first half of your post
    perhaps my interpretation was a bit too hippocritical, however, the point stands even without the little nip.

I dont like people viewing the other side as inferior which is exactly how most of the Horde players view the Alliance to a certain extent. And while both sides have those kind of people, it seems Horde players find that they have the right to say it because they tend to be a more outspoken group.

While my own views may be somewhat heated, that is because of the ignorance of others trying to flame their opponents. Fire does not fight Fire, this I know is true.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2011-05-08 at 10:21 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdeath View Post
    really? when i started playing i tried horde first and got a tauren druid to 13 but then i played NELF and never looked back

15+ Year Old Account
    From a purely racials stand point, I would say Horde is better. Forgive me if I miss any

Horde Racials:

Orc - 5% Pet Damage and 5 EXP from Axes and Fist Weapons and mini-trinket -
    Tauren - 5% Stamina (arguably the best race for a tank) and Warstomp (situationally useful, ie cho'gal MC)
    Blood Elf - Arcane Torrent (fabulous for healers and situationally useful - same as Warstomp)

Alliance

Human - PvP Trinket, situationally useful in PvE (very good on Halfus for example) and umm sword expertise I think it is?
    Dwarf - 10% reduced damage use (fights with Tauren imo for best tank racial) and gun expertise
    Draenei - 1% Hit rating is brilliant for all DPS, Gift of the Naaru is great for Healers and not half bad for tanks
    A lot of these are semi-incorrect.

Orcs get 3 expertise, not 5.
    Tauren get 5% BASE HEALTH, not stamina. HUGE difference there, seriously.

Gnomes get 5% MANA, not intellect, another huge difference.
    Worgen get 1% crit, not 1% more damage. That'd be too OP since it'd scale out of control.

Otherwise, I do feel Horde has superior racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaiine View Post
    At a quick glance, 15 out of the 20 world top guilds are Horde, although that may deviate the further down the progression you look.
    It seems like most of the top guilds are horde..even on the top us servers most of the guilds highest ranked are like 1 alliance to 20 or so horde.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted

Horde Racials:

Alliance

Conclusion:

For Horde, Undead is pretty weak, whilst for alliance, both Human and Nightelf are fairly weak (though human is not terrible). The best racial for Horde is probably either Orcs, Trolls or Goblins. Both Troll and Orc are good for DPS and Tank threat, but use effects (especially throughput use effects) are fairly weak for healers. However, Goblin is brilliant for all 3 specs. Tauren is basically only good for tanks, but if you are a tank, it is amazing. Alliance has a race in the same spot as Tauren, Gnome racial is only any use to casters. Dwarf racial is great for tanks, and pretty good for everyone else to mitigate incoming AoE damage, and Draenei is amazing for all. Worgen is also good. However, I would say the fact that night elf and human are weak, and that Orc, Troll and Goblin are so, so strong, that Horde is better.

Feel like I repeated myself a lot then, but basically imo Horde > Alliance.
    Tauren has 5% extra BASE stamina (might even be HP and not stam, I'm not sure), however it's not alot. Dwarfs 10% damage reduction cd is way way better.

Worgen has +1% crit, not 1% more damage.

And you also forgot the spirit bonus humans have.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-05-08 at 10:23 PM.

To answer the OP and not wade off. Neither of the factions are better then the others. The factions are the same, yes there are more Horde guilds on world top 20, but there are also twice as many Hordies playing the game.

If you are looking for a raiding guild, im guessing you will have an easier time finding something on the horde side, simply because there are more Horde guilds too choose from, nothing more.. nothing less.

Horde Racials:

Alliance

You missed quite a few Racials there.
    The true racials down here:

Horde Racials:

Orc -
    5% Pet Damage
    5 EXP from Axes
    Fist Weapons and mini-trinket

Tauren -
    5% base health and Warstomp
    nature resistance

Undead -
    Will of the Forsaken
    shadow resistance

Blood Elf -
    Arcane Torrent
    arcane resistance

Troll -
    Haste mini-trinket
    Also allows 10% of normal health regen during combat
    5% damage bonus when fighting against Beasts.
    Increases chance to critically hit with Throwing Weapon by 1%.
    Increase Bow critical strike chance by 1%.

Goblin -
    1% increased cast/attack speed
    Rocket Jump and Rocket Barrage, the jump can be used in some situations.

Alliance

Human -
    PvP Trinket, situationally useful in PvE
    3 EXP in sword and maces
    3% spirit

Gnome -
    5% mana pool
    escape artist
    arcane resistance
    3 EXP with daggers and 1h swords

Dwarf -
    10% reduced damage use
    1% crit with guns
    3 EXP with maces
    frost resistance

Night Elf -
    Shadowmeld
    Reduce the chance to get hit by melee and range 2% (not including spells)
    nature resistance

Draenei -
    1% Hit
    Gift of the Naaru, heals the target for 20% of their max health.
    shadow resistance

Worgen -
    1% crit
    nature and shadow resistance

I would base that question on server pop/maturity of the players. Horde seems to be a little more mature on my server. Therefore I would go with Horde just because when you have a higher maturity rate that means a higher intelligence rate and that means easier to PvE. This is a opinion plz dont nerd rage.

more people roll horde for serious raiding due to the very potent racials.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    A lot of these are semi-incorrect.

Orcs get 3 expertise, not 5.
    Tauren get 5% BASE HEALTH, not stamina. HUGE difference there, seriously.

Gnomes get 5% MANA, not intellect, another huge difference.
    Worgen get 1% crit, not 1% more damage. That'd be too OP since it'd scale out of control.

Otherwise, I do feel Horde has superior racials.
    actually it is 5exper with axes and fish weapons.

And for UD it's only 35% health, not mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    actually it is 5exper with axes and fish weapons.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20574

Although with fish weapons, expertise may be unnecessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Kait View Post
    And for UD it's only 35% health, not mana.
    Cannibalize also restores mana as of Cataclysm.