7 Days free from WoW

Today i recieved an email from blizz. Or so it seems. Now, my account has been inactive for a few months now, though I have been keeping up on the news about the game. I have seen nothing about free game time on either the main community site, nor on the mmo-champ homepage. this is what it says.

(my real name, not screename),
    You've been summoned back to Azeroth. Experience all of the new and exciting content that's been added to World of Warcraft® in patch 4.1, Rise of the Zandalari, with 7 FREE days of game time for your account, WoW1. Simply click below to claim your free time... but act fast, as this limited-time offer will expire soon.

During your 7 FREE days, you'll have access to all of the new and exciting features that have been added to World of Warcraft, including:
    Two Newly Remastered Dungeons - Venture into the updated Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman to defeat the Zandalari and earn all-new epic gear, rare mounts, pets and more.
    PVP / PVE Currency Exchange - Convert your Honor points into Justice points, Justice points into Honor points, and Valor points into Conquest points to get the gear that you want regardless of how you spend your time playing World of Warcraft.
    Weekly Bonus Valor for Dungeons - Can't log in daily? Earn bonus Valor points for the first seven times you use the Dungeon Finder during the week instead of once per day.
    Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms - Additional incentives for tanks and healers to reduce queue times for all players in level 85 Heroics
    Guild Finder - Can you only play Thursdays at noon? Are you more interested in PvP than raiding? Guild Finder will help find the right guild for you.
    Guild Challenges - Earn additional guild experience, achievements and gold when you complete these weekly tasks with your guildmates.
    And much more...
    We hope you enjoy your 7 days of FREE game time and look forward to seeing you back in Azeroth.
    - The World of Warcraft Team

and down below there is the usual:

Terms and Conditions:
    Offer non-transferrable and expires on May 26, 2011
    If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from Blizzard Entertainment please reply to this email using the subject line "Unsubscribe" or click here.

To read our privacy policy visit: http://www.blizzard.com/privacy.shtml

© 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S., and/or other countries. Blizzard Entertainment
    P.O. Box 18979
    Irvine, CA 92623

Account & Technical Services
    (800) 592-5499
    http://www.blizzard.com/support

So anyone got any news on this? if this is true i would be very happy but I know how scammers can be sometimes...

Deleted
    It's real, I activated the game time for my second account earlier

They only send it to people without a current subscription, so not many people will have seen it.

I got a similar email a while back and i checked my battle net and it was real so just go to your battle net

when u dont play they usually send u some days free, lots of friends with inactive accounts coming back thanks to that

10+ Year Old Account
    best way to confirm.. check your account management

10+ Year Old Account
    Tons of posts about this. There is a search function for a reason. Start using it.

OT: Mouseover the links in the message and if they come up as battle.net, blizzard.com then it is legit. This is not an uncommon thing for Blizzard to do in order to entice people back to the game.

LEARN TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madyrn View Post
    Tons of posts about this. There is a search function for a reason. Start using it.

OT: Mouseover the links in the message and if they come up as battle.net, blizzard.com then it is legit. This is not an uncommon thing for Blizzard to do in order to entice people back to the game.

LEARN TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

your right, cause scammers have never put links to real sites in their scam emails...
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-05-09 at 12:28 AM.

thx everyone

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    obviously real, they used correct grammar

I don't know why they are doing it but I would love for them to send me one. My account just ran up last week and I won't be able to get it goin for another day or two and I would love to have a week free!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuhdo View Post
    I don't know why they are doing it but I would love for them to send me one. My account just ran up last week and I won't be able to get it goin for another day or two and I would love to have a week free!
    They give out free game time when you've been inactive for a while as a means for enticing you back. It's like giving out free chocolate samples to get you to buy a whole box. Chances are if you managed to hook a customer in before, you'll be able to do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    your right, cause scammers have never put links to real sites in their scam emails...
    When you mouseover the link, if you'll look in your browser status bar you can see where the link points to. Last I checked, scripts do not work in emails so you can't mask that. Basically I can do this:

http://www.thissiteisreal.com
    or this:
    http://www.thissiteisreal.com

If you check your status bar, you'll see the difference. Emails will allow images, formatting and text. They will not however, allow executable scripts. More to my point, emails will not allow scripts that can change what is displayed in the status bar.