Terrible soul fire dmg

I've just finished with BH, demo spec, fellpuppy out
    Start fights, decent 28k opener, and holding it on around 22k when decimate phase start
    So there i am, soulfiring away, dots up but dps down on 19k at the end of fight
    After i've checked recount info i had nice shit to see: Soulfire max crit was 19k and hit 11k .... Compared with shadowbolt 38k max crit / avg 19k hit
    Now, am i missing something or soulfire is nerfed somehow? Or just damn bad luck ?
    Tho i must say its not 1st time i think that im actually loosing dps in our 'execute' phase
    Last edited by cyberhrc; 2011-05-03 at 09:22 PM.

Only reason SB was higher is because you had Meta up and popped everything at the start. If you didn't have Meta for decimate phase obviously SF won't hit as hard. And yes, Soul Fire sucks now without MC affecting it. Only reason we cast it is because it hits slightly harder than SB and because it casts faster during decimate.

err.. i am aware of that [ meta phase buff :F ]

i had demo phase reseted for part of decimate phase 2 :F
    point still remains = crap, very crap dmg compared with SB [no matter demo form or not ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Soulfire's cast time was buffed with 4.1. It is still unimpressive relative to what we had during decimate phases in WoLK.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Soul Fire got neutered after the content patch,

10+ Year Old Account
    During execute phase keep your same rotation just use soulfire instead of sbolt. I know in wrath you would just spam soulfire over everything but now soulfire seems to be way worse.

Now all we need is a soulburn+shadowbolt to be instant...

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    There are some that have sims showing Glyph of Corruption performing higher than Glyph of Incinerate. Which means the occasional free shadow bolt casts. Not quite the same, but close!

soulfire is higher dmg for the time spent casting.
    run a simcraft of you care this much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainzor View Post
    There are some that have sims showing Glyph of Corruption performing higher than Glyph of Incinerate. Which means the occasional free shadow bolt casts. Not quite the same, but close!
    Ow god, now you made me want to test this out on the dummy....

Ive taken decimate out of my rotation. No points wasted in it in the talent tree. And I'm still top dps for my BWD runs. SF got jacked after WoTLK and I havent used it since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I would rather soulburn + sbolt do a shadow bolt volley

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    How awesome would that be!

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    It will be sooo nice when Soulburn have some uses, now? ISF (good only for one spec),instant pet and healthstone, that is all what we use in PvE, yes, we can Drain Life fast, but that is really minor DPS boost.

I would like see something like Soulburn makes our next Shadowflame instant targetable spell like Shadowfury, that will be really nice for some fights where we cant go near AoEd packs. But Shadow Bolt volley will be fun too
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Quote Originally Posted by wowremy View Post
    soulfire is higher dmg for the time spent casting.
    run a simcraft of you care this much.
    lets read my topic again
    i didn't say i will change my rotation.. im asking if some1 experienced same 'strange' soul fire dmg as i have..
    otherwise simcraft me nice explanation of loosing 3.5k dps while in execute phase > with poped up meta form > dots up > and sexy pet still wanking around alive ?

Did your opener have Demon Soul Felguard affecting your damage? The movement phases cut into your DPS average because dot ticks keep the average total running. If you have a WoL, you'll probably see that your damage (not the DPS average for the fight, but the DPS done during decimate) under decimate was better then you expect, while still admittedly lackluster compared to its WotLK counterpart