Deleted

Question about Cauldron of Battle

Hello
    I'm currently the one in our raids that supply the guild with Cauldron of Battle. However I'm thinking of swapping to blacksmith from alchemy.
    I wonder if anyone of you have experience with swapping from alchemy to another profession while having Cauldron of Battle on you. Are you still able to use them or won't it be possible to use them?
    I'm aware that the tooltip doesn't say anything about it, but I rather be safe than sorry before getting 100 cauldron of battle and then won't be able to use them

Thanks in advance

in theory it should work.. but then again, if it doesn't your guild will probs rage

Deleted
    The cauldron tooltip on wowwiki doesn't say "required xx alchemy", so my guess is that you should be fine to swap.
    That said, I'd stick with alch as it's really bloody good atm .
    I'd also avoid making masses of cauldrons if u have the space to store the flasks, either in your bank/bags, or in the guild bank.

Yes you can drop them if you don't have alch.

Deleted
    Thanks for the respond everyone. I talked with a GM about it and he/she said that there is no other requirement, than being friendly with the guild, at the moment and the GM guessed that it won't be implemented in the near future. Just thought I'd share the information here if someone else is wondering
    Last edited by mmoc9e1c2e8efe; 2011-05-09 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    i really hope they implement some sort of 'bound to guild' tag to these so u can make some and drop into guild bank so anyone with acces can stick one down instead of having to rely upon x or y member being at a raid to drop one.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    i really hope they implement some sort of 'bound to guild' tag to these so u can make some and drop into guild bank so anyone with acces can stick one down instead of having to rely upon x or y member being at a raid to drop one.
    It would be really cool if it had a <Guild> requirement on the use effect. For example, anyone can transport the things - solving the basic issues of soulboundness, but you can only use it if you're in the specified guild with certain rank.

However, I think these things are no where near reality atm. I can imagine the coding to be a pain and there's plenty more things that deserve attention at the moment.

As for having to rely on a particular member, you can get alts who can craft them and then summon them to you. You can also craft them as required if you have a guild bank with the mats, so you don't have too many alts with stacks of cauldrons.