Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1&2 remastered

https://twitter.com/TonyHawkTheGame/...38305192554498 Being redone by same folks that did the Crash Bandicoot

remake
    Last edited by Slirith; 2020-05-12 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh second attempt for reemaster? Not intrested.

I’m okay with this. 1-3 were such amazing games back in the day (I know it’s only 1-2). Soundtracks are amazing, too.

And... queue people already bitching over Epic.

Epic has been great honestly, sure it's missing some features, but I've gotten some free games during their weekly frees that I REALLY enjoy and may not have played otherwise.

Need to play it to judge. The first HD TH attempt was pathetic and they completely butchered the gameplay. If this is identical 1:1 gameplay just with prettier graphics it will be good. But I'm not sold because these same guys also made Crash gameplay more janky and floatier then it was, if a similar situation happens in THPS it will be far, far worse.

Apparently its vicarious visions based on neversofts source code along with surprisingly getting the rights to bring back most of the music. As someone who spent a lot of time on the PS1 and 2 playing THPS with friends i am significantly more excited to play a remake of that than something like The Last of Us Part 2 right now.

Though it does make you feel a hell of a generation gap when you hear "Whats this? why is it one of the highest rated metacritic games?" or worse "whats a skateboard?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And... queue people already bitching over Epic.

Epic has been great honestly, sure it's missing some features, but I've gotten some free games during their weekly frees that I REALLY enjoy and may not have played otherwise.
    I just have a problem with their exclusivity deals, especially if the devs of those games had previously promised they would launch on steam *glares angerly at Mechwarrior 5 and Satisfactory*.

It's an anti-consumer practice, and anti-consumer practices are what make me dislike companies.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Apparently its vicarious visions based on neversofts source code along with surprisingly getting the rights to bring back most of the music. As someone who spent a lot of time on the PS1 and 2 playing THPS with friends i am significantly more excited to play a remake of that than something like The Last of Us Part 2 right now.

Though it does make you feel a hell of a generation gap when you hear "Whats this? why is it one of the highest rated metacritic games?" or worse "whats a skateboard?"
    Skateboarding is probably more popular now then it was back then even, it's just that crowd doesn't have as much overlap with core gamers as it did 20 years ago. Going out and skating doesn't exactly mix well with the spend all day inside watching twitch and youtube crowd that the internet gaming community has become.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-05-12 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I just have a problem with their exclusivity deals, especially if the devs of those games had previously promised they would launch on steam *glares angerly at Mechwarrior 5 and Satisfactory*.

It's an anti-consumer practice, and anti-consumer practices are what make me dislike companies.
    That's on the devs, they don't have to accept that money, but it doesn't really bother me in the least, don't care what launcher the game is on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh looks nice some nostalgia in there, wonder if they keep the old songs in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

And same here but good news! considering how old the original game is waiting another year won't make or break it from me, once it hit steam and it's a great game the community there will be very active.

Never understood the appeal of a remaster. Graphics mean nothing. Just look at art irl, Picasso actually simplified his paintings over lifetime. Realism is nothing, this is not a documentary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's on the devs, they don't have to accept that money, but it doesn't really bother me in the least, don't care what launcher the game is on.
    Probably uncertain how well the game will do or how well it is even made, so they are hoping someone foots the upfront bill for them.

Once you have a couple of hundred games at a single spot you do start to care more about keeping your collection in one spot. At least until galaxy2 is fully supported and operational, what i don't think will happen ever as Epic among others won't want that working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Probably uncertain how well the game will do or how well it is even made, so they are hoping someone foots the upfront bill for them.

Once you have a couple of hundred games at a single spot you do start to care more about keeping your collection in one spot. At least until galaxy2 is fully supported and operational, what i don't think will happen ever as Epic among others won't want that working out.
    I have about 500 games on steam and another 40ish on epic, still doesn't really bother me

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Never understood the appeal of a remaster. Graphics mean nothing. Just look at art irl, Picasso actually simplified his paintings over lifetime. Realism is nothing, this is not a documentary.
    Because games aren't 2D art. Because technology exists, as do consumer tastes. Let's be real, the folks sitting down to play TH probably aren't the same ones going to the Louvre to debate the merits of cubism. Different audiences. Different goals. Different mediums. Different experiences. Not every game can look good or be "enjoyable" to many folks with super low resolutions and muddy, decade old textures and models. Not every game is going for "art" either. TH didn't take the stylized approach that allows for lower quality visuals.

There's a lot more to dive into, but that's not an apt comparison IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Realism is nothing, this is not a documentary.
    I fully realise this could be a generational thing at this point but you realise this is a game about real people in mostly real world locations right? and its technically a sports game to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I fully realise this could be a generational thing at this point but you realise this is a game about real people in mostly real world locations right? and its technically a sports game to boot.
    That is entirely where the realism ends though, if they wanted to go for a stylized look they absolutely could have because the game is over the top arcadey madness. It's as much of a sports sim as NBA Jam or NFL Blitz was.

Does this mean anything for the D2 remaster rumor? Does VV work on multiple remasters at once? I would have to assume yes... but no idea really

Quote Originally Posted by Brandir View Post
    Does this mean anything for the D2 remaster rumor? Does VV work on multiple remasters at once? I would have to assume yes... but no idea really
    without knowing the size of their teams, hard to say.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Man this is going straight into my collection. Can't wait. Played this to death when I was a kid..

Been humming Superman since I read the news.