Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Err, still confused about that Bronn scene. Did they really throw four seasons of character development overboard just for...well I don't even know what for, the scene had no impact whatsoever.
    He just happened to teleport into Winterfell at the exact place Tyrion and Jaime were without anyone noticing. Then he proceed to make demands which he cannot make anyone actually pay for them since he has no power and then left, except that now both Jaime and Tyrion know "they are in danger" and could simply tell the someone to kill Bronn.

So much for Bronn ignoring the sack of gold and actually saving Jaime.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine what Euron was surprised about is either that both dragons are still alive, or they outfitted the last remaining one with armor.

Bronn is just, well Bronn. Nothing he did or said was completely out of character. He's always been a sell sword from the moment we met him, and has always been chasing shiny things his entire life. Him teleporting to the exact location is lame, but he left for Winterfell at the end of first or second episode, and we have no idea how much time has elapsed since the preparation for that battle, the conclusion, and the aftermath.

I really don't see Dany being out of character at all. Her character has been pretty consistent through the entire series, and the only thing that actually reigns her in are her advisers, and at times she doesn't even listen to them. Her entire arc is her getting ahead, only to have setbacks along the way. You can't justify all of the power plays she's done, but she's gone through some pretty awful shit herself. Could she turn out like her father? Yeah, but at least she has a bit more reason to burn them all than her father did.

To me Jaime is literally going back to kill Cersei himself. The only truth in his message to Brienne is that he tried to live without his sister, but can't. He will likely be the one to end her life and either die in the process and/or kill himself following the act.

It wasn't a bad episode. I loved the Sandor and Sansa dialogue in the middle of the episode, and I loved that Sandor and Arya are heading to King's Landing together as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    And I thought I had read the books.
    Haha, it all does melt together in the brain. :-)
    I was just re-reading TWOIAF recently, it alludes to that. Also F&B.

There should be something on YT about her I bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Danny care if Sansa wants the north to be just the north? She freed people all the time. Why not do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    People need to rewatch from the start before claiming things like this. Bronn always was distracted by shinier objects. He even referenced Tyrion saying he will always double any offer he gets. Started with defending Tyrion, kept him loyal for a while, had him throw away a castle and wife (even had a plan to kill the older sister so he could claim the title and property) to follow Jaime to Dorne....
    As you said, he started staying loyal to Tyrion without payment, he went to Dorne with Jaime much more out of grown friendship than for the castle - which they already owed him - and stayed loyal to Jaime even in the face of attacking dragons (which he now said that he knew from the start that this is the end of Cersei).
    So they completely ignore the ark they made up for him over seasons from a pure mercenary to an ally and friend.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    HBO has had a much superior show on RIGHT AFTER GoT for the last 3 years (well, not last year, since GoT wasn't on). It was called The Leftovers, and it only got 3 seasons because people don't like actual good writing and great characters.
    Warriors is the best show on HBO for me atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    I am also doubting if Rhaegal is dead and if he is will the Lord of Light step in a revive him? Melisandre clearly said Jon is the Prince That Was Promised and they haven't addressed it at all and if anything last episode and this one were the perfect times to address it.

They are very vague on Rhaegal right now along with unsure of his death(or at least the wording indicates it), and the next episode preview made me think it as well.

Nobody knows what is out west which is why Ayra wants to go west.
    He looked very dead to me. And being in the ocean isn't a good sign either. I have been pretty confident that none of the dragons will survive all along. They won't be going back in the dragonpit. Still wouldn't rule out Daenerys summoning about 50 dragons for finale though. Because it would be cool, not because anything in the plot has hinted at it. And cool is clearly all the show cares about now.

Fundamentally the show has changed as its base changed. It isn't really that the writing has died, it is that the entire point of the show has changed from a complex drama about medieval intrigue, to a big budget action sequences and fanservice approach. Because as it grew in popularity, it hit a natural cap in viewer growth, and really cool scenes have a much wider audience potential then complex plot. And the show is much better at delivering those awesome shots then it used to be. Season 1 looked absolutely terrible in effects and filming compared to season 8. It just came at the expense of good writing being consistent to lore, which upsets a lot of people like myself that liked what it used to be.

But I am learning to change my expectations and enjoy it anyway. I like big dumb action scenes as much as anyone else, and while I wish GoT stayed true to what it was, it is still kind of fun. It is more of a popcorn and laughing at the episodes then a drama like it used to be for me now. (I literally laughed out loud when the Super Ballistae started going completely through the ships like some sort of medieval railgun)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Btw very first post:

Time to start the fixing.

Oh my god, here we go again.

Why even bother with speculation?

Once more to the rescue.

Gosh half the pages filled with black. It's a spoiler thread.

It's a field day. Reminds me of good old season 6 battles of spoilers.

Come on, half of this isn't even spoiler anymore, just discussion
    We're being courteous because, at least me personally, this was discussion over a leak. Leaks and spoilers are not the same thing. I'm not using spoiler on anything that was covered in an aired episode. Don't be a jackass.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2019-05-06 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    We're being courteous because, at least me personally, this was discussion over a leak. Leaks and spoilers are not the same thing. I'm not using spoiler on anything that has covered in an aired episode. Don't be a jackass.
    No, we've had this discussion many times. There's a reason in the very first message I quoted, a mod edit, said that no spoiler tags here. We've had this leak-vs-spoiler discussion like ten times by now and every time it has ended with mod stepping in and saying no to spoiler tags, you have spoiler free thread if you so desire.

Furthermore, only leaks can be legit spoilers because the very moment something is released it universally stops being a spoiler, because it's already released. Now it might a spoiler personally to you but it's not a spoiler at large. Only leaks can be true spoilers because then you're actually discussing a matter not yet available, aka. able to spoil it. And this is spoiler thread.

Instead of acting on a high considerate horse you should simply go back, re-tread the thread and realize we've gone past this discussion several times and your sort has decicively lost the argument every single time. Once again, I refer to the first, mod-edited post if you do not want to go thru' thousands of pages
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

No, we've had this discussion many times. There's a reason in the very first message I quoted, a mod edit, said that no spoiler tags here. We've had this leak-vs-spoiler discussion like ten times by now and every time it has ended with mod stepping in and saying no to spoiler tags, you have spoiler free thread if you so desire.

Furthermore, only leaks can be legit spoilers because the very moment something is released it universally stops being a spoiler, because it's already released. Now it might a spoiler personally to you but it's not a spoiler at large. Only leaks can be true spoilers because then you're actually discussing a matter not yet available, aka. able to spoil it. And this is spoiler thread.

Instead of acting on a high considerate horse you should simply go back, re-tread the thread and realize we've gone past this discussion several times and your sort has decicively lost the argument every single time. Once again, I refer to the first, mod-edited post if you do not want to go thru' thousands of pages
    Honestly don't give a damn if you or anyone else had a discussion about it. I'm still going to be courteous for those who don't mind discussing just-aired episodes but don't care to know what leak got posted on r/freefolk. Deal with it.

Honestly don't give a damn if you or anyone else had a discussion about it. I'm still going to be courteous for those who don't mind discussing just-aired episodes but don't care to know what leak got posted on r/freefolk. Deal with it.
    I don't have to deal with it; Let me quote mod-post.

"
    Spoiler tags are not to be used in this thread. Attempts to use them to troll or annoy other users can and will result in infractions."

Your continuous usage of spoiler-tags can be reported afterwards.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

"
    Spoiler tags are not to be used in this thread. Attempts to use them to troll or annoy other users can and will result in infractions."

Imagine being this triggered over spoiler tags.

Key words : troll or annoy

You just being annoyed by the sight of them doesn’t count.

"

Then report them and see how far you get with it. I'm clearly not using them to annoy people, I stated my reasons quite clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Imagine being this triggered over spoiler tags.

Key words : troll or annoy

You just being annoyed by the sight of them doesn’t count.
    We've had this discussion every single season. Spoiler tag abusers have always lost. Furthermore that was only the example from the edited first post. There are many, more explicit ones posted by mods later.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2019-05-06 at 06:24 PM.

We've had this discussion every single season. Spoiler tag abusers have always lost. Furthermore that was only the example from the edited first post. There are many, more explicit ones posted by mods later.
    Here's a suggestion for you: stop trying to act like the forum cop and just report it and move on. Acting like it's your job to handle this makes you far more annoying than any of us are trying to be.

Here's a suggestion for you: stop trying to act like the forum cop and just report it and move on. Acting like it's your job to handle this makes you far more annoying than any of us are trying to be.
    Two more episodes and then my watch has ended.

yIkEs.

Well, pretty much each and any fanfiction romance/plot development came true in this episode. It's sad when the Hound shaking his head at everything is the most relatable person at that feast.

The Missandei capture part seemed like the beginning of yet another useless plot point, but I guess they're so horny on gore and drama they couldn't even keep it going for more than 10 minutes.

Welp, atleast Jaime is still alive to salvage some of the dumpster fire with NCW's supreme acting.

Cersei ultimate villain of the show BTW. I suppose it makes sense if the writers are projecting on her, in the words of Tywin "You're not as smart as you think you are"

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    One of the big problems I'm seeing in a lot of media recently is that there's a whole load of hacky writers that seem to throw all kind of narrative sense out of the window in the name of "subverting expectations".
    It's mostly the result of writers who A) Either have no respect for the source material/established universe (Rian Johnson and Dumb and Dumber) or B) Write/direct in collaboration with big studios who want goons to carry out their every wish/help them play it safe instead of bringing a unique vision (JJ Abrams), or both ofc.

It's a plague atm, but the problem is the audience consumes it anyway, making this shit possible in the first place.
    Last edited by Prophet June Bug; 2019-05-06 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so the leaks for finale should be proven to be pretty reliable by now, seeing how all other leaks have been true... which is really sad, this has been a really shit season... can't believe they worked on it for 2 years and came out with this vomit.

Sorry, but GoT is officially trash. Daenerys "forgetting" about the Iron Fleet even after they were mentioned in the War room.

Not joking, it's the official explanation as to why she didn't see/anticipate them.

You can tell that they're stressed into just finishing the show.

The actual hell was that with Jaime?

I mean him and Brienne yeah that was awesome but then going off to be with Cersei? Literally threw a good chunk of character development out of the window.