10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    What happened to Euron's aimbot this episode? Did he forget to turn on his cheats?
    Dragon Lady was the superior hacker, she disabled all his cheats while simultaneously enabling infinite ammo for Drogon.

The Iron Fleet and Euron went from being a raid boss to a questline boss in a week.
    The Golden Company was nerfed, heavily, during the PTR cycle.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to Euron's aimbot this episode? Did he forget to turn on his cheats?
    His aimbot was running on an element called Surprisium. He used it all in that ambush.

The weapons were slow to aim. Danny used that to her advantage. They show it even. She flies high, then goes low and around, then high again and around. The poor fucks couldn't aim that rapidly.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    The Iron Fleet and Euron went from being a raid boss to a questline boss in a week.
    The Golden Company was nerfed, heavily, during the PTR cycle.
    They had to cut the Elephants because they were too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    exactly. never see qyburn making anymore, because he didnt. they used the caches of the mad kings.
    the maesters made the cache for the battle of blackwater bay.
    It was not maesters, it was the pyromancers.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Shroud of Concealment was still on cooldown. He couldn't use stealth anyway, because he was stuck in combat with Jaime.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I honestly struggles to see where the show failed to hint that Daenays might had some raisins in the bun-was it in the first episode that they mentioned that her Daddy could not let be left alone with matches ?

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    I think Drogon would light him up. In an episode from a few seasons ago, he burns his hand iirc.
    He burned his hand saving Lord Commander Mormont from the wight. That was before he was brought back to life by the lord of light though so who knows?
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

It was counter to what happened in the books, they just didn't want to start foreshadowing Jon's heritage so early.

To elaborate, when his hand went in the fireplace, not only was he NOT burned, he thought it "felt like a summers' kiss." Leaving aside for a moment the fact that Jon "Perpetual Celibate For Fear of Incestuous Trysts... Whoopsie!" Snow wouldn't know what a summers' kiss felt like if he was getting macked on by a harem of Dornish whores, it was one of the first big clues to his true identity.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2019-05-13 at 05:51 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    There is a reason why none of the theories ended up with this.
    Because this ending is too awful to even theorize. We make these guesses with an expectation of some sort of closure for the characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Well in fairness
    They didn't take many shots for whatever reason.

The use of spears and ballista as dragon counters since last season has been maddening. Their accuracy and usefulness changes by such a ridiculous degree from episode to episode.
    He ran out of Natural 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    His aimbot was running on an element called Surprisium. He used it all in that ambush.

The weapons were slow to aim. Danny used that to her advantage. They show it even. She flies high, then goes low and around, then high again and around. The poor fucks couldn't aim that rapidly.
    Yeah, that wasn't the problem, the attack seemed mostly fine, character motivation was more the problem. Not just this episode. Mostly looking at Tyrion and Varys. Jon and Dany are doing what they've been set up to do: ineffectually waffle and short-sightedly burn people to death. Sandor and Jaime's ends were in some ways well established, but they truly felt more like scripted automatons than people in the way they arrived at them. Brother-bot 3000 engages final confrontation script. Like what they're doing with Arya if I get it correctly. Some really fine Peter Dinklage chops on display in his last scene with Jaime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if every episode has gotten progressively worse or if my disappointment just keeps stacking up but my God that was awful. All this high quality work made entirely pointless by the worst writing the series has ever seen. The only good point I can give this episode was Cleganebowl...sort of. I still hate the idea behind Cleganebowl because it's just silly but I can't lie, it felt like a satisfying conclusion for Sandor.

But really, what the fuck did they do to Jaime? What...I can't even put this into words. I didn't want a redemption arc or anything but this whole thing with Brienne and going back to Cersei is just stupid as shit. What a waste of a great character.

You have to give it to Cersei to have a pretty good line.

''We just need one lucky shot''. Plot armor galore.

That said, is this me or Clegane seems to have been cured with the dragonscale-like disease ?
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-05-13 at 05:58 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The show writers did my girl Daenerys dirty.

The whole episode I was like "I don't even care, fuck this city and everyone in it."

The show writers have somehow managed to take pure gold and turn it to shit. Though Qyburn getting YEETED for trying to stop Claganebowl was nice. That laugh I gave was the best mothers day gift I could have gotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

the episode was amazing, this thread is wrong as usual

Greyworm was spearing dudes for FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Brother-bot 3000 engages final confrontation script.
    I mean, can we talk about that for a sec? I understand Gregor acting like the Terminator, but what was the Hound's deal? He couldn't just, like, clothesline Cersei and hurl her off the parapet? Had to let her squeeze past for one last scene with Jaime? That was pretty contrived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    I mean, can we talk about that for a sec? I understand Gregor acting like the Terminator, but what was the Hound's deal? He couldn't just, like, clothesline Cersei and hurl her off the parapet? Had to let her squeeze past for one last scene with Jaime? That was pretty contrived.
    I think he just didn't care at that point, he knew she was dead no matter where she went. Probably didn't want to disappoint anyone else who got the chance to kill her.

All that mattered to him was killing his brother, and he knew he was going to die doing it.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    the episode was amazing, this thread is wrong as usual

Greyworm was spearing dudes for FUN
    I can't tell if you're being serious sometimes.

It's plainly obvious now that they started the Grey Worm/Missandei romance a few seasons back so that they could justify a eunuch who is supposed to have 0 emotions and is part of a company famed for their discipline, going on a murder rampage against surrendering soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    He burned his hand saving Lord Commander Mormont from the wight. That was before he was brought back to life by the lord of light though so who knows?
    According to Martin, not even Dany is immune to fire.

https://winteriscoming.net/2016/05/1...ict-the-books/
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I can't tell if you're being serious sometimes.

It's plainly obvious now that they started the Grey Worm/Missandei romance a few seasons back so that they could justify a eunuch who is supposed to have 0 emotions and is part of a company famed for their discipline, going on a murder rampage against surrendering soldiers.
    When you set your expectations at "good 90s action movie level" the show is still pretty decent.

If you want good writing, you've come to the wrong place