Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Shadowstep next to boss.
    Gets CC'd
    PVP Trinket
    Pop CD / On Use Trinkets
    Evis

GG Night King
    It was a good expansion.

It didn't go my way. So it is obviously stupid. Why you ask? Me. That is why. Me. /S8E3discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Arya:
    Stealth Activated. Sprint Past Zombies.
    Shadowstep next to NK.
    Gets CC'd
    Use Human Racial
    Pop CD / On Use Trinkets
    Evis

GG Night King
    They way I see it is like a botched D&D session.
    The rogue of the party wants to do something really dumb and the GM allows it to punish him when he fails for trying to do something so obviously stupid but he rolls critical success after critical success and all the GM can say is "We'll guess he's dead then" as he throws a pile of future campaign notes into the bin.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The rogue of the party wants to do something really dumb and the GM allows it to punish him when he fails for trying to do something so obviously stupid but he rolls critical success after critical success and all the GM can say is "We'll guess he's dead then" as he throws a pack of future campaign notes into the bin.
    "I sneak past the white walkers at the entrance"
    Dude, there is like all the white walkers there. And the entrance is 12 foot wide with no cover... fine, just roll.
    (Natural 20)
    Damn... ok, well only the Night King spotted you. He has initiative so he grabs you by the throat.
    "I stab him to death with my knife"
    You can't just stab him! He has you by the throat!
    "I roll to break free"
    (19)
    Fine, you get one hand free, but it isn't the hand your knife is in.
    "I drop the knife and catch it with the other hand"
    How does that even work? Ok, fine, but you have to roll for both the drop and the attack separately. Roll for Drop.
    (20)
    WTH! Ok, this guy is literally the boss of the entire setting, he has a massive armor class and you have a penalty to attack now
    (20)
    … Seriously?

Roll for damage. 1d6 exploding die.
    (6)
    … sigh
    (6)
    … of course
    (6)
    … you know what, fine. Don't even bother rolling any more. He is dead.
    "I attack the rest of the army"
    Don't bother, they all died too. Because reasons. I need a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Dude, there is like all the white walkers there. And the entrance is 12 foot wide with no cover... fine, just roll.
    (Natural 20)
    Damn... ok, well only the Night King spotted you. He has initiative so he grabs you by the throat.
    "I roll to break free"
    (19)
    How does that even work? Ok, fine, but you have to roll for both the drop and the attack separately. Roll for Drop.
    (20)
    WTH! Ok, this guy is literally the boss of the entire setting, he has a massive armor class and you have a penalty to attack now
    (20)
    … Seriously?

(6)
    … sigh
    (6)
    … of course
    (6)
    exactly
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Remember folks, NK, 3ER, CotF lore is being reserved for a prequel series. Its almost a given that we were jipped out of Lore to have content for the new show.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Look, im fine with how it went down. It fits when we know what melisandre told Arya several seasons ago. Aryas story arch really hit it way up there.

I also understand that the dead didnt need any more telling than "all of us are braindead undead and only have 1 purpose". It was merley a distraction for 8 seasons to divert the focus away what really matters, who sits on the iron throne in the end. But as I said, I think alot of people just wanted more of it, that it was more than just a braindead army of the dead with nothing more to it than death. People maybe wanted to know more about the walkers and the NK.

Also, it was foretold in every season that "winter is coming" and that it would last very long. Sure dont look like its winter in Kings landing. When Jamie left there in season 7 it was snowing, now its all summer. Was that it? The long winter was just the dead coming? maybe a metaphore?

Anyway, its unfair to judge the show without the last 3 episodes out. We will probably get alot of answers.

I was so hype for episode 3, im not that hyped for episode 4. That episode will be the north licking its wounds and cercei planning her defense. Hopefully they wont spend two whole episodes building up for the battle against her, but my money is on that they probably will.

Two episodes used to build up the battle against the dead.
    Two episodes to build up the battle against Cercei.
    End.
    WTF?

The undead are the fucking distraction? Are you fucking stupid your imbecible little shit?

The undeads were the whole point of the story and not the fucking throne ffs.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-04-30 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    (Natural 20)
    "I roll to break free"
    (19)
    (20)
    (20)
    … Seriously?

(6)
    … sigh
    (6)
    … of course
    (6)
    So true but just to nitpick I think Arya snuck out of the castle window and climbed/ran along the rooftops to the godswood and then drop attacked the night king. So I don't think it was as crazy our impossible that she got there as people think. There were several other problems though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If Arya kills Cersei this is gonna be officially the biggest joke ever.
    Has to be the valonquar or however you spell it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The rogue of the party wants to do something really dumb and the GM allows it to punish him when he fails for trying to do something so obviously stupid but he rolls critical success after critical success and all the GM can say is "We'll guess he's dead then" as he throws a pile of future campaign notes into the bin.
    Sadly the GM's only backup notes were the ones where the party now had to fight a drunk queen, her Professor Farnsworth reject and a crazy pirate. And the GM was forced to have the Queen pull tons of money out of nowhere so she could hire mercenaries and be a threat to the guys who just offed the Not-Lich-King.

Really the only thing I'm looking forward to now is Cleganebowl, which is 99% certain to be a thing given how fanservice-laden the show has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    WTF?

The undead are the fucking distraction? Are you fucking stupid your imbecible little shit?

The undeads were the whole point of the story and not the fucking throne ffs.
    In point of fact, apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    Hi all,

I've just renewed my MMO account after years of lurking to reply to this person. A Rudis is a wooden sword that was gifted to a slave (usually a gladiator) after they had been granted manumission - or freed from slavery. The Rudis was a physical manifestation of the slave not using their weapon for killing and represented their freedom. This poster is trying to come across as educated in terms of arms, and I guess he is referring to the Pugio, the Roman military dagger. So just to shoot this person down after refuting all other posts, I agree with their initial suggestion about using a smaller bladed weapon, but a Rudis would be totally impractical for what they suggest.

Go Birds!!

Edit: Don't know how to tag someone, but @Weeps for this.

Edit 2: This is about ancient Rome.
    Lol this is actually pretty awesome.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    People are still dying and going to die and Night King may yet return or the new one is going to emerge, sooner or later.
    Also, I don't think ALL the white walkers in existence were in that army. Some might have stayed beyond the wall in their graves as a reserve or just remained inactive.

So, it's only logical that someone is gonna be still needed to stand in the border between Life and Death and guard the living.

Just remember "our" Lich King. There must always be a Lich King.
    Lol, nothing like this will happen, the great threat is dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    People are still dying and going to die and Night King may yet return or the new one is going to emerge, sooner or later.
    Also, I don't think ALL the white walkers in existence were in that army. Some might have stayed beyond the wall in their graves as a reserve or just remained inactive.

So, it's only logical that someone is gonna be still needed to stand in the border between Life and Death and guard the living.

Just remember "our" Lich King. There must always be a Lich King.
    No. The dead are gone. This is nothing like the lich king. When the night king died, all the dead died. The only way to get another night king is to have a child of the forest use their magic to make one. The children of the forest are ALL gone. There's no more night kings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I imagine part of the next episode is going to be the aftermath and build up for "The Last War" and episode 4 will be the "The Last War" and the aftermath of that too followed by the finale episode. Whether it is Jon, Gendry, Dany, Tyrion or whoever else will be crowned as ruler and lord protector.

"The Great War" is supposed to be GOT defining war, the most anticipated war. Life vs Death, Fire vs Ice. Rhllor vs The Great Other. "The Last War" probably wont be anything to this magnitude as it is more conventional... no mystical and fabled beings in this one...except the dragons.

But knowing Cersei, she is mad and psychotic she will probably destroy Kings Landing before she loses like the Mad King wanted to do before Jaime killed him. I can see Jaime stopping her too.
    Last edited by Byuiso; 2019-04-30 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    I imagine part of the next episode is going to be the aftermath and build up for "The Last War" and episode 4 will be the "The Last War" and the aftermath of that too followed by the finale episode. Whether it is Jon, Gendry, Dany, Tyrion or whoever else will be crowned as ruler and lord protector.

"The Great War" is supposed to be GOT defining war, the most anticipated war. Life vs Death, Fire vs Ice. Rhllor vs The Great Other. "The Last War" probably wont be anything to this magnitude as it is more conventional... no mystical and fabled beings in this one...except the dragons.
    Practically speaking, w/e conflict we get in the remaining 3 shows will be lesser than what we saw Sunday. The Long Night was a 55 day shoot, it was built as the largest battle yet. There is nothign like that left. They didnt have 2 55 days filming battle scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    wasn't there something about the crypts being magical and so preserving the bodies?
    I think talking thrones on youtube suggested that the book presented the iron swords as a deterrent to the spirit going lose. I think it was just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    Yeah, I can see it now. Lord Royce went down to get them which is why he wasn't in the episode. The riverlands are a burning wasteland, but Edmure has gathered all the lord-less frey soldiers to fight for Jon, thanks Arya! Yara will come with a thousand ships build with all the trees Euron didn't use for his thousand. Sam's sister unites all the reach lords for Queen Dany, then die with a whimper. What is a Dorne?
    I love the “build a thousand ships” line.

It’s like Balon, who led the previous rebellion, was like, “Eh, 100 ships is fine.” Then Euron came along and said, “ONE THOUSAND” and everyone was like “Brilliant!”

Not to mention that there can’t be more than 5 or 6 ironborn for each ship. But that’s just the nonsense world that exists in the show now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No. The dead are gone. This is nothing like the lich king. When the night king died, all the dead died. The only way to get another night king is to have a child of the forest use their magic to make one. The children of the forest are ALL gone. There's no more night kings.
    There is a lot of correlation between GoT and WoW, there are several quests in Northrend that clearly allude to A Song of Ice and Fire. The resemblance is not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    There is a lot of correlation between GoT and WoW, there are several quests in Northrend that clearly allude to A Song of Ice and Fire. The resemblance is not a coincidence.
    Lol, WoW is filled with Pop culture references, just because WoW has some nods, doesn't mean the lore of GoT will follow. DnD are done with the NK, They used him to thin Danys army so that conflict would have real stakes, opposed to her just rolling over KL.