Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Pretty bad if you ask me.

I get the show is Game of Thrones and the center piece is who claims the Iron Throne but the White Walkers and the Night King were there as echoing reminders that while everyone is focused on the Iron Throne the true threat was the Night King. To fail at Winterfell the way he did with as much hype as he had is just poor writing.

I get it the living had their ace in Bran and they knew what would happen but the Night King has been 1 step ahead of Bran at every single turn except for this one instance, the most important moment in the series. He has countered Bran at everything he has done but now all of a sudden when the story is reaching its climax the Night King became the most predictable character.

For the Night King to not even make it to the Riverlands is a huge failure.

The Night King and Viserion got demolished by Rhaegal but Euron and his arrows kill him. Never mind the ancient mystical being riding an undead dragon and their failure to beat Rhaegal and Jon... arrows did with aimbot like accuracy.

If the leaks are true the show-runners definitely dropped the ball on this series and didn't do it justice in the end. Production can only carry a show so far and when writing is lacking the way it has the quality is seriously hit hard.
    The Night King didn't get outplayed by Bran though. His army was effortlessly crushing the opposition and the Night King himself was so close to killing his nemesis. Even when Arya jumped to kill him, the Night King immediately reacted. That's when the Night King was fucked, but not by any of the characters, but by plot armor, that allowed Arya's neck to somehow not freeze instantly from the touch of a guy literally made of ice.

I agree with everything else. Though a popular leak says that the Night King's story is far from over, No?

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean she had to have used a LOT on the Sept of Balor.
    Based on the last episode you can always just declare that you have half of it left. We might as well assume wildfire is an infinite resource, because there is no way the show creators are keeping track of how much wildfire she has. Euron summoned 1000 ships in a single episode, and Cersei just created hundreds of railguns (We don't know how long that took though, but she was pregnant before they built the first one, and she still isn't showing, so not very long.)

I mean she had to have used a LOT on the Sept of Balor.
    Qyburn made like 100 improved scorpion ballista since the loot train episode whats a bit more wildfire
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    It pisses me off how Euron was able to kill Rhaegal when the Night King and Viserion couldn't. It also pisses me off that the Night King isn't mentioned ONCE in this episode. You'd think Ice Satan would still be in everyone's thoughts. Finally, it greatly pisses me off how they made such a big deal out of the Night King and in the end he doesn't even get past Winterfell, the second northernmost castle in the continent. I wanted to see the South quiver in fear as the Night King invaded.

But No, we just have to continue with the forced political drama because "It'S cAlLeD gAmE oF tHrOnEs".
    They claim he isn't done, but I think he is. I think they made it like that in the interview because of people not liking how it turned out and to give this false sense of anticipation. Or they could go with the trope of whoever kills him becomes him.

Also, the Night King didn't have the same equipment as Euron and Dany was reckless there. She was riding high on that win added with the fact that previously she had decimated Cersei's army. It wasn't so much Euron as much as the tools he was given and Dany's ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Qyburn made like 100 improved scorpion ballista since the loot train episode whats a bit more wildfire
    It depends on what's been happening in the background. Tyrion seemed to make a power play for it during the battle. Did they pick back up for her after? When rule changes hands a lot can change and it happened twice since. I'm not saying I don't expect it because I really do. It's just you have to doubt yourself a little for the sake of the story sometimes and think about what else might happen in the meantime that we don't see.

- - - Updated - - -

The Night King didn't get outplayed by Bran though. His army was effortlessly crushing the opposition and the Night King himself was so close to killing his nemesis. Even when Arya jumped to kill him, the Night King immediately reacted. That's when the Night King was fucked, but not by any of the characters, but by plot armor, that allowed Arya's neck to somehow not freeze instantly from the touch of a guy literally made of ice.

I agree with everything else. Though a popular leak says that the Night King's story is far from over, No?
    It wasn't a leak. There was an interview and the guy skirted the question. So it wasn't a yes or no or leak. It was a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Please, that is not how it works. This is Game of Thrones. Sure, might feel crappy to you and others (and to be fair, they could have done better, no matter which viewpoint one takes), but it is GoT.
    Its defo not the same GoT from s1-4. It is known.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

They claim he isn't done, but I think he is. I think they made it like that in the interview because of people not liking how it turned out and to give this false sense of anticipation. Or they could go with the trope of whoever kills him becomes him.
    Could also just be them talking about a spinoff or prequel. I dunno, I highly doubt it would be as popular as GoT if it has the same level of horseshit writing as GoT has had for the past 3 seasons.

It pisses me off how Euron was able to kill Rhaegal when the Night King and Viserion couldn't. It also pisses me off that the Night King isn't mentioned ONCE in this episode. You'd think Ice Satan would still be in everyone's thoughts. Finally, it greatly pisses me off how they made such a big deal out of the Night King and in the end he doesn't even get past Winterfell, the second northernmost castle in the continent. I wanted to see the South quiver in fear as the Night King invaded.

But No, we just have to continue with the forced political drama because "It'S cAlLeD gAmE oF tHrOnEs".
    haha yeah! They defeated the NK and apparently made out of it with most/Half of the army.

"We just defeated death himself, woo! Wasnt that big of a deal!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Again, the NK was not killed by Valyrian Steel alone, but by Arya hitting his weak spot, the dragonglass embedded within his chest. No, this wasn't shown on screen at all, but was explained by the post-episode talk.
    Again, Vsteel killed the NK because THAT is what we were SHOWN! Them blah blah blahing after the show is not going to matter to 90% of the viewers. If it didnt happen in the show, it may as well be a fan theory.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Again, Vsteel killed the NK because THAT is what we were SHOWN! Them blah blah blahing after the show is not going to matter to 90% of the viewers. If it didnt happen in the show, it may as well be a fan theory.
    yeah its not good when we must watch post-show episodes to understand what happend.

trailer for next ep is up

hbo spared no expense!
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Arya should be put on trial. She committed genocide on the White Walker race and exterminated them down to the last child. White Walker lives matter.

Arya should be put on trial. She committed genocide on the White Walker race and exterminated them down to the last child. White Walker lives matter.
    Maybe if they wernt dirty, wall jumping immigrants. Make Westeros Great Again, Rebuild that wall!

He did get outplayed. Bran called out exactly what he would do and he did it. Bran gave the weapon that killed the Night King to Arya. During their stare down Bran broke eye contact with the Night King, looked at his chest and back at him...coincidentally the Night King was stabbed in the chest where Bran was looking by Arya who was given the weapon to kill the Night King by Bran.

And the Night King story isn't over because of the prequel. He will be a centerpiece of that since it takes place in the Age of Heros and the real Long Night. Unless GRRM has a lot of writing influence on that prequel I see it suffering the same way Game of Thrones is now due to writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Lmao, that would explain a lot honestly.
    Hell, they are probably working together to merge the two universes. When Sylvanas went all "this will change everything" when she first saw Azerite is because Azerite showed her a way to use it to open a portal to Westeros so that she can summon the Iron Fleet to Azeroth to win the war for her. After 8.2 any Alliance attack will be thwarted by Euron popping out of nowhere and sniping them with his railguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Given that I threw this together on a whim, I'm not expecting it to be perfect, and I'm clearly only looking at one particular storyline, but still. Smarter than whatever they're doing, I think.
    At this point (and by "this point" I mean at least since the second half of season 7 with Gendry the marathon man) you could throw alphabet noodles on a piece of paper and whatever mess you'd get would still be smarter than what D&D are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How the fuck is this possible based on the positions of the ships? Either they're spread so badly around that they can shoot from two sides, or GoT doesn't give a fuck about realistic trajectories.
    The railguns' projectiles have homing, just like the ice spear Night King used to kill Viserion last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

Not sure exactly why they didn't but I read it was due to weather and them wanting to capture The Great War in the most winter-like conditions but they really should have just combined season 7 and 8 so we could avoid this rushed garbled mess it is now. Giving season 9 a solid 10 episodes to close the series out properly.

I am pretty sure we waited 2 years for season 8 specifically for The Great War and that was probably the biggest letdown in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Its defo not the same GoT from s1-4. It is known.
    True, but it is the only official GoT. Sucks, I know, but what can you do? Too late to vote with wallet for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, that's how it works technically and in theory

However, how the public perceives his revisionist version, if it ever even will be released, on the story already seen on TV years before is an entirely different thing.
    The good thing is, nobody cares what "the public" thinks bcs why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Not sure exactly why they didn't but I read it was due to weather and them wanting to capture The Great War in the most winter-like conditions but they really should have just combined season 7 and 8 so we could avoid this rushed garbled mess it is now. Giving season 9 a solid 10 episodes to close the series out properly.

I am pretty sure we waited 2 years for season 8 specifically for The Great War and that was probably the biggest letdown in the show.
    yeah.. Episode 3 & 5 is probably the reason it took them so long to finish season 8. TBH, I would prefer less big battles if it gave us more episodes in season 8. Its obviously needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    The good thing is, nobody cares what "the public" thinks bcs why would they?
    By public I mean the audience and fans. They care.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

Yet another case of nice episode to watch, but terribly written if you're the series fan.
    This one sentence is about the best summary of the show since season ~5 or 6.