A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Considering we see the Dothraki all charge and die and there was no way in hell half of those 10.000 survived. Yet the next episode only half the Dothraki were gone.

We see the unsullied hold the line to protect the retreat, they even make a big deal of Greyworm breaking the bridge across the moat while the unsullied are still on the other side. Yet half of them live.

Pretty sure this is magic Christmas land where half the dead get up at the end of every battle.

ps.
    You forgot Robb also lost most of the North's army just a few years before.
    I am pretty sure it works by the same rules as Total War games. Units regenerate a certain percent of their losses every turn spent in friendly territory. That is why Sansa suggested waiting a couple turns before throwing a couple depleted stacks at Kings Landing.

Oh, and ships magically appear every time you move an army into the water, because there is no way Dany should have any ships left otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I am pretty sure it works by the same rules as Total War games. Units regenerate a certain percent of their losses every turn spent in friendly territory. That is why Sansa suggested waiting a couple turns before throwing a couple depleted stacks at Kings Landing.

Oh, and ships magically appear every time you move an army into the water, because there is no way Dany should have any ships left otherwise.
    viewing battles through the eyes of a bad Total War player explains so much
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Jon Snow School of Tactical Leadership (next building to the Imperial Stormtrooper Markmanship Academy) is to be praised for the entire move of sending light cavalry in a snow covered area. Thousands of light cavalry

(Historically, a plenty of horses could learn to use their hooves to remove snow and eat grass underneath. During the French invasion of Russia, the small Polish horses survived and the chargers of the Imperial Guard did not, but obviously Dothraki horses are not capable of this and would have not lasted one week)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-05-11 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I disagree. She's been set up throughout the show as someone fighting to combat her family's background.

Shoehorning a mad dany arc now would just reinforce the whole notion that this is a rushed mess.
    I mean they've been going mad king with Dany since season 7 when she refused to take the Tarleys as prisoner, that part at least wasn't totallt rushed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    not sure if posted

I mean Kit Harrington saying people who don't like season 8 can fuck off really tells you how aware and insecure they feel about this season. Shame, I've never known a show to fall apart so hard at the ending. And I've also never seen fans as blatantly blind and hateful towards genuine criticism it's insane. (And I've been talking shit about Blizzard for a year now)

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many actors we will continue to see after this? I'm gonna say it Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams are extremely wooden. Emilia Clarke's other projects seems to have flopped, as have Kit Harrington's - could be because they're all young and they had this to fall back on for the good 10 years, but now it's over I'd wager we won't see them much.

The Lightbringer Tenebra the War Criminal's Avatar
    They sealed their fate when they killed the Night King so unceremoniously midway through the season. He should have been the final villain and the resolution of his character should have happened in episode 5/6. What made them think Cersei and Euron could replace the Night King as the main antagonist?
    "I have ignored them for too long. They speak the truth, Arator. And you will hear them. I will make you hear them!"

Alleria fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I wonder how many actors we will continue to see after this? I'm gonna say it Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams are extremely wooden. Emilia Clarke's other projects seems to have flopped, as have Kit Harrington's - could be because they're all young and they had this to fall back on for the good 10 years, but now it's over I'd wager we won't see them much.
    We'll probably end up seeing a couple of them in a few movies/tv-shows in the coming years, but yeah they aren't anything special.
    When I think of great GoT actors I think of Tywin and Olenna.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2019-05-11 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    They sealed their fate when they killed the Night King so unceremoniously midway through the season. He should have been the final villain and the resolution of his character should have happened in episode 5/6. What made them think Cersei and Euron could replace the Night King as the main antagonist?
    It was indeed a huge letdown. The show kind of ended in episode 3. Cercei is a OK enemy to fight against last after NK, but Euron? I get that hes major in the books(I think?) and theres more to him, but in the show I have always felt the character to be so cheap. He sort of wings and steals the show out of nowhere.

I was not suprised that they ended off with the NK before Cercei, but I wish they didnt. The suspense of having the NK and his army alive and moving south to end humanity was great for the show. The whole drama between Jon/Dany/Sansa/Tyrion++++ is tiersome and since we have so few episodes, they arent able to write good story for it anymore.

Again, the Night King, like the Lich King (zing) is a good threat, but not a very good vilain for a show based on Human failings.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, the Night King, like the Lich King (zing) is a good threat, but not a very good vilain for a show based on Human failings.
    Which is why he doesn't exist in the books. The dead are the threat, they don't need a villain or face. The fact that they are death is enough for their function as a backdrop that all the scheming from the Lords of Westeros is pointless in the face of them.

Which is why he doesn't exist in the books. The dead are the threat, they don't need a villain or face. The fact that they are death is enough for their function as a backdrop that all the scheming from the Lords of Westeros is pointless in the face of them.
    Yes, and thats how it was presented in the show. That it does not matter what the lords of westeros bickers about, cause death is coming for them all. But, they literally killed death incarnated. So I guess human bickering wins :P

Aside from the fact that D.B. Weiss himself said he did not see the Night King as a villain, the "human bickering" part of the show (which, by the way, was repeatedly stated to pale in comparison to the threat of the Night King) could have continued even if the Night King won at Winterfell. Only, it would be overshadowed by the Night King marching on King´s Landing to finish what he started.
    "I have ignored them for too long. They speak the truth, Arator. And you will hear them. I will make you hear them!"

Alleria fan.

Aside from the fact that D.B. Weiss himself said he did not see the Night King as a villain, the "human bickering" part of the show (which, by the way, was repeatedly stated to pale in comparison to the threat of the Night King) could have continued even if the Night King won at Winterfell. Only, it would be overshadowed by the Night King marching on King´s Landing to finish what he started.
    That would actually be in line with GRRM's writing. Cersei dying for her stubborn refusal to see the real threat as the undead swarm over Kingslanding.
    People dying because their stupid decisions have real consequences.

That would actually be in line with GRRM's writing. Cersei dying for her stubborn refusal to see the real threat as the undead swarm over Kingslanding.
    People dying because their stupid decisions have real consequences.
    Yes. And now that the Night King died at the expense of 50% of Daenerys´ army (still BS that so many survived), Cersei has basically been proven right, instead of being humbled and punished for her arrogance.

Alleria fan.

While I totally agree with you, I kind of understand where they come from. They kind of written themselves into a corner.

If they did make the night king the final villain, then cersie would have been a joke compared to daenerys army, it wouldn't make for a good war where you don't know who would win. But now that the night king nearly wiped out danny army, there is a good war where you don't know who will come out victorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    While I totally agree with you, I kind of understand where they come from. They kind of written themselves into a corner.

If they did make the night king the final villain, then cersie would have been a joke compared to daenerys army, it wouldn't make for a good war where you don't know who would win. But now that the night king nearly wiped out danny army, there is a good war where you don't know who will come out victorious.
    I am pretty sure it is mentioned during the council scene in the last episode that the Night King wiped out only 50% of Daenerys' forces.

Alleria fan.

I am pretty sure it is mentioned during the council scene in the last episode that the Night King wiped out only 50% of Daenerys' forces.
    but you get my point. now it seems that danny has a good chance of losing this war. makes for good tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    We'll probably end up seeing a couple of them in a few movies/tv-shows in the coming years, but yeah they aren't anything special.
    Davos is great to in my view

ps.
    You forgot Robb also lost most of the North's army just a few years before.
    I wasn't sure how many of Rob's men died. Of course he did and a lot of his men that were nearby, but I thought it was possible a lot of them survived because they would have just surrendered when they heard Rob was dead. The Boltons were also his men and they survived by betraying him.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    He perfectly highlights human failings. IE, everyone is bickering and scrambling for human power, when existential Doom is literally encroaching on them. The Night King, if powerful, should sweep away anyone caught up in the nonsense of Westerosi politics. For example, if the NK marched on KL, Cersei would be utterly unprepared and unable to fight him. That's why the compelling storyline is to have the humans defeated at Winterfell, killing all the "political schemers" (like Tyrion, Varys, Sansa, maybe even Dany), and forcing the remnants of the North to regroup and ally with the South, who would have to rely on their obsidian weaponry and know-how of the enemy. From there, you go to either a final defeat of the human race, or last second, by the brink-of-their-teeth victory.

And then, as a denouement, have someone who fought and won against literal Death, sitting weary on the throne, as the Game of Thrones starts again. There doesn't even need to be a war between Cersei and Dany. Let Arya sneakily kill Cersei during the allied battle against the dead in KL, and then, in a very Littlefinger-esque move, mirroring how she sneakily planted the seeds of Robert's death, paint her as heroic, saving lives, to placate the Lannisters who might otherwise go to war for killing her. She has no heirs, and Dany or Jon coming and saving KL would be reason enough to win them the throne.

This shit isn't hard.

Without the NK, Cersei just looks comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    He doesn't get mentioned much now that he's been gone for several years, but I gotta given props to Jack Gleeson as Joffrey, though he retired from acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Davos is great to in my view
    Upvote on Liam Cunningham as Davos. He really carried the Stannis storyline and brought a lot of life to the North.

I hear a lot of praise for Stephane Dillane, but I thought he was rather stiff. Maybe it's the direction he was given, but he also came off as the same, grim, stiff, "I must do what I must to fulfill my duty" caricature throughout.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -