Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    I really hate how they only showed where they ended up, I wanted to see future Westeros. Old Jon, rebuilt King's Landing, a brief scene of what's beyond Westeros with Arya, etc. Disappointing that they didn't do something like that.

the starks won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    It is, and was. Everything that happened in the first four seasons had no value because nothing of value happened in the end. There was no payoff.

If you think GoT is better than LotR after this fiasco, I have some Snake Oil to sell you reeaeaaal cheap. =D
    Season 1-4 are judged by their own merit, how they were done n received, not how other, later, seasons were done n received.

Lotr will be a mess I have no doubt, that writing doesn't translate well into a tv show, the best one could have hoped for was those movies with enough eye-candy thrown at the viewer..I can't see Lotr dragging on for several seasons n manage not to bore me..

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    I really hate how they only showed where they ended up, I wanted to see future Westeros. Old Jon, rebuilt King's Landing, a brief scene of what's beyond Westeros with Arya, etc. Disappointing that they didn't do something like that.
    Well the planet is a globe, so what's west of Westeros is Essos.

Although, there could be a land like the Americas.

Don't be surprised if one of the shows being made is Arya exploring what's west.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    the starks won the game.
    Without even playing it well, which is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Welp... what a shitty season imo.... could have been worse I guess?
    How could it possibly have been worse than this? They built up queen dragontits for 8 seasons just to make her bad guy n hand over kingdoms to wikipedia..

I guess I kind of like Drogon decided to burn the Iron Throne rather than Jon. Kind of shows he knew it was the real enemy in all of this. But I don't think anyone is really looking for anything deep in these episodes.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-05-20 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Tyrion told that to Danaerys and then to Jon.
    Nope.

Tyrion just complains to her that she "slaughtered a city", he says nothing of the fact that they had already surrendered.
    In the dialogue between Tyrion and Jon even Jon tries to justify the slaughter as "Cersei left her no choice", no mention of the surrender. Tyrion characterizes it as "The moment the gates fell the battle was over." no mention of the surrender from him either.
    In her final scene with Jon she tries to justify her actions because "She used their innocence as a weapon against me." but that's plainly bullshit after they've surrendered.

All in all it looks like they were trying to go with a more ambiguous "shades of grey" burning of King's Landing from the dialogue but instead we got a shitshow in episode 5.

Pulled this quote out of a FB post

"It was like Game of Thrones died giving birth to so many other stories, like Arya in the west, Sansa queen in the north, Grey Worm rising and Jon snow beyond the walls...and I'm sure we will see a lot of this TV shows in the very near future."

100% agree and believe it's a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I guess I kind of like Drogon decided to burn the Iron Thrones rather than Jon. Kind of shows he knew it was the real enemy in all of this. But I don't think anyone is really looking for anything deep in these episodes.
    That is one positive.

Thought the finale was quite well done overall. The problem was more how the show got there. An extra 3-4 episodes focused on plot/character development and everything would have been more than fine. The accelerated plotlines due to missing episodes were ultimately the problem, coupled with the occasional headscratchers like Euron's fleet apparently possessing cloaking technology.

Everyone's end role is largely consistent with their established character arcs, even if those arcs were a tad accelerated in places.

The scene with Tyrion under the Red Keep was a bit unnecessary though. Poor bloke didn't deserve that.

Smartest decision in the whole episode was made by Drogon.

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    With how the last season turned out would you really want to see Arya one shotting the Day King an ancient evil being that invades Westeros every 30k years?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

"It was like Game of Thrones died giving birth to so many other stories, like Arya in the west, Sansa queen in the north, Grey Worm rising and Jon snow beyond the walls...and I'm sure we will see a lot of this TV shows in the very near future."

Except none of the spin-offs will have anything to do with these characters. The closest one, timeline wise, is about Robert's Rebellion some 25 years earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    That is one positive.
    A friends young relative commented that she thought the dragon melted the iron throne because that was the only readily pointy looking thing in the room and I couldn't even argue with that.

That being said, best episode in this season, but I half expected after Sansa made her intentions to be Queen of the North during the vote, that Robin would raise his hand and ask if he can change his vote.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

So is Sam a lord, a maester, or a member of the Night’s Watch if it is actually still a thing? All 3?

Why is Brienne in Bran’s Kingsguard instead of Sansa’s Queensguard?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    An ending with a human sitting on the throne isn't really an ending. Because that story can go on and on and on. A bittersweet ending is if the throne is destroyed and the structure of society is altered. Thus ending the game for the throne.
    Almost 100% correct. If I can write it, it's not a good ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

Maybe Arya I could see, but the rest aren't happening or even interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Probably, because my God that was absolute garbage. Who's actually satisfied by this?
    Nope.

I've decided everyone was killed at the Battle of Winterfell, the rest was a dream and the NK won.
    "Another turtle made it to the water!" - Turtle-hating psychopath
    "Are there not bear asses to collect?" - Johnny Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    So is Sam a lord, a maester, or a member of the Night’s Watch if it is actually still a thing?
    I'm thinking Bran is gonna be lax on that stuff. So he's a lord and maester just like Brienne is presumably captain of the kingsguard while also a Lady and council member