1. #28741
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We don’t actually know if he got to send them off. We see him writing one and then burning one, but no mention of ravens carrying them out or other houses receiving the news.

    I’m assuming he didn’t get a chance to send them.
    Possibly. I always assumed he sent them off and it was just another thing D&D forgot about.

  2. #28742
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We don’t actually know if he got to send them off. We see him writing one and then burning one, but no mention of ravens carrying them out or other houses receiving the news.

    I’m assuming he didn’t get a chance to send them.
    Even if he did, Jon's claim would seem fairly suspicious right now, due to being the one who murdered Dany.

  3. #28743
    The Undying freefolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    32,846



    Ben Shapiro is mostly known as a conservative.
    .

    "This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

    -- Capt. Copeland

  4. #28744
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    With the extra length it was more like 8, but sure.

    Look, I'm going to imagine you have never written anything in your life here because the actual writing wasn't worse. It was different. It's bad to change styles mid stream, but that's the style they write with. It differs greatly from Martin's. That's a fault of suits putting the wrong people in charge of a project because they don't know the difference between one writer and another. This whole thing is pretty obviously them trying to finish someone else's vision with only a very basic outline of where it was going while also adapting from a totally different narrative style. To finish it Martin's way would have taken 2-3 more seasons that they just didn't have.
    gonna have to press (X) to doubt that. DnD worked with the writer, they knew the thought process, the influences, and then completely fell off the rail in direction when they were tasked with holding the mantle of direction for the show. THEY fucked up. THEY ruined the show. THEY are to blame. THEY are responsible, not the execs of HBO. THEY were the ones who are aware of their capacity to emulate George RR Martin. Any critical thinker knows where they stand when taking over the project of someone else, if its writing, business direction, finances, coaching a professional team; any person taking over a major role, should be aware of the shoes being filled. It is sad knowing DnD have openly gone on record as saying they are getting drunk and staying far far away from GoT, because they are more than aware that they fucked up. that they are fucking morons, that they barely filled half of one of those metaphorical shoes.

  5. #28745
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Even if he did, Jon's claim would seem fairly suspicious right now, due to being the one who murdered Dany.
    Meh. If you follow the lines of succession there are obvious choices.

    If you consider Targaryens are the rulers: Daenerys' death makes Jon king. If you oust him for murder, his closest male kin is Bran. There you go. Bran being king suddenly makes sense.

    If you consider Lannisters the rulers: Cersei's death would make Tyrion next in line to be king.

    If you consider Baratheons still the rulers: Robert, Stannis, and Renly's death gives Gendry the strongest claim to be king.
    "For years now I've found it to be a such a strange honor to be followed around the internet by expert interpreters, who take plain words in English and replace them with other, more loaded words in English." - Posted by Zarhym

  6. #28746
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Meh. If you follow the lines of succession there are obvious choices.

    If you consider Targaryens are the rulers: Daenerys' death makes Jon king. If you oust him for murder, his closest male kin is Bran. There you go. Bran being king suddenly makes sense.

    If you consider Lannisters the rulers: Cersei's death would make Tyrion next in line to be king.

    If you consider Baratheons still the rulers: Robert, Stannis, and Renly's death gives Gendry the strongest claim to be king.
    I could see an ending where Gendry could have ended up king. Would have required more character development but it could have worked.

  7. #28747
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Imagine if she took Jorah or Missandei's face (Missandei's might have been hard to get) and Dany thought she was hallucinating or delusional and slowly realized what she did, as Arya-as-Mormont accused her of all the bullshit she committed. Then, as Jorah gets close, Dany begs for his forgiveness - and Arya says something badass about her becoming the Queen of Ashes, or being as mad as her father, and for that, there is only one answer - stabby stab, she reveals the face, GAME OVER.

    I wrote this in the 30 seconds after I read your post without even thinking too hard about it. It's super hard.
    That would have been better than Jon killing her, but my point was only that Arya couldn't have been impersonating Jon in that scene because Jon wasn't dead.

    Still, I don't really care. I kind of stopped caring what happened when Ned was killed.

  8. #28748
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    17,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    *Burns down an entire city in cold blood*

    Arya: I know a killer when I see one...



    Can we add master detective to Arya's list of skills?
    Drogon is also a detective in this universe:

  9. #28749
    Kinda glad that this show is finally over. I've loved it for at least season 1-6, after that it got way to hard to defend the show from its flaws. Season 7 was pretty bad but 8 is bad on a whole new level. Dissapointed with how the Night King ended, dissapointed with Cersei's and Jaime's death, dissapointed with the overall writing (especially for Tyrion and Jon), and dissapointed with the crowning of the next king who happens to be the guy not doing shit this entire season.

    Poor Ramsay was wrong after all when he said that this story was not going to have a happy ending, considering everyone had one except for the Targaryans. They really needed at least one more season to properly flesh out all the storylines they had, rather than rushing them all out in a single episode ina rather short season. But it was obvious that the cast just wanted the show to be doen asap. Even the actors didn't seem to like this season either.

    Also lol at that 4.5/10 rating on IMDB

    Now that the show is over, this is how I'd rank every season from best to worst:

    1. Season 3
    2. Season 4
    3. Season 1
    4. Season 2
    5. Season 6
    ..
    6. Season 5
    ...
    7. Season 7
    ...
    ...
    8. Season 8

  10. #28750
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Kinda glad that this show is finally over. I've loved it for at least season 1-6, after that it got way to hard to defend the show from its flaws. Season 7 was pretty bad but 8 is bad on a whole new level. Dissapointed with how the Night King ended, dissapointed with Cersei's and Jaime's death, dissapointed with the overall writing (especially for Tyrion and Jon), and dissapointed with the crowning of the next king who happens to be the guy not doing shit this entire season.

    Poor Ramsay was wrong after all when he said that this story was not going to have a happy ending, considering everyone had one except for the Targaryans. They really needed at least one more season to properly flesh out all the storylines they had, rather than rushing them all out in a single episode ina rather short season. But it was obvious that the cast just wanted the show to be doen asap. Even the actors didn't seem to like this season either.

    Also lol at that 4.5/10 rating on IMDB

    Now that the show is over, this is how I'd rank every season from best to worst:

    1. Season 3
    2. Season 4
    3. Season 1
    4. Season 2
    5. Season 6
    6. Season 5
    7. Season 7
    8. Season 8
    Fixed that for you.

  11. #28751
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    Sansa declaring independence but none of the other kingdoms following suit is one of the dumbest moments in the show. I can't even bring myself to re-watch the earlier seasons at this point - the ending has just soured even the good stuff.
    This exactly, just totally ridiculous.

  12. #28752
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    Sansa declaring independence but none of the other kingdoms following suit is one of the dumbest moments in the show. I can't even bring myself to re-watch the earlier seasons at this point - the ending has just soured even the good stuff.
    Everyone there knew that the two of them were siblings so she had pull they didn't. Also she made it sound like the North had sacrificed more than the other kingdoms did, after the war against the NK there is some merit to that statement.

  13. #28753
    Since the Unsullied are going to die anyways, why the fuck didnt Jhon just hid somewhere close???

  14. #28754
    Scarab Lord Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    This exactly, just totally ridiculous.
    because? the north is bigger than all of the other kingdoms combined? how is that hard to understand really? it was established many seasons ago and in the books as well...

  15. #28755
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    because? the north is bigger than all of the other kingdoms combined? how is that hard to understand really? it was established many seasons ago and in the books as well...
    It's large geographically but population is small... the Reach has the highest population by far, I believe (which makes Bronn one of the biggest threats to the throne).

    The north, however, IS geographically remote and easy to defend. So from that perspective it's probably the best candidate to go it alone (next best would be Dorne, then Iron Islands).
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  16. #28756
    High Overlord Graeham II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Everyone there knew that the two of them were siblings so she had pull they didn't. Also she made it sound like the North had sacrificed more than the other kingdoms did, after the war against the NK there is some merit to that statement.
    They're no longer siblings, though. Bran isn't Bran any longer.

  17. #28757
    Lot of people forget that the only reason the North is in this federation to begin with is that they threw their lot in with Aegon the First when he was planning to burninate the southern kingdoms. No one actually has the power to compel them to remain a vassal state. That's why a friendly. northern house had to act as "Warden" and it all fell apart the moment that ceased to work.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  18. #28758
    Bran the ultimate villain of the show. I like it because it's so immensely stupid it's good.

  19. #28759
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Since the Unsullied are going to die anyways, why the fuck didnt Jhon just hid somewhere close???
    He went exactly where he wanted to be.

  20. #28760
    Brans breaking the wheel on wheels and drogon is flying off to find D&D
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •