1. #28801
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Bran can't see the future. Whenever he says something like someone was right where they were supposed to be, it just a matter of accepting the past just like Sansa accepting that all the bad that she endured was what brought her to where she needed to be.

    He didn't know Dany would torch the entire city, but he still expected to win. He figured that he was the only logical one to become king no matter how Dany and Cersei were defeated.
    Bran tells Tyrion in front of the electoral college that he saw the future, which is why he bothered to make the trip south.


    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Except that isn't what would have happened at all. Dany was never benevolent. She just never went up against any arguably "innocent" people who didn't bend the knee until reaching Westeros.
    You either haven't actually watched the series, are super defensive of the show and can't admit to yourself what you saw, or are just trolling us. Neither of your statements are subjective matters and/or opinions. They are factually wrong based on the material we are talking about. Dany shows a mother's love towards all the people she's liberated. Every decision she makes when she's in slaver's bay is how to make their lives better. She sacrifices her own happiness and life goals to help those people. She marries Hizdahr zo Loraq in an attempt to bring peace to her people. Spends years in Slaver's Bay instead of heading to Westeros, delaying her ability to reclaim her throne, because she knows her people will fall prey right back into the hands of the Wise Masters if/when she leaves.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  2. #28802
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,516
    As rushed and unsatisfying as the previous two episodes were, I think they nailed this finale.

  3. #28803
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As rushed and unsatisfying as the previous two episodes were, I think they nailed this finale.
    I'm glad they showed us about 10 full minutes of characters slowly walking in silence instead of less important scenes such as Jon surrendering and somehow convincing Grey Worm not to kill him on the spot. It was also great how they turned what in earlier seasons would have been a serious scene, the new council picking up the pieces of the realm, into a sketch comedy scene (omg not the chairs! troll author not including Tyrion in his meta book. oh Bronn you're such a hoot. hi Bran, bye Bran). They finally gave that loser Jon the sendoff he deserves. He did the right thing, was pivotal in saving literally everyone from ice zombies, his family rules the entire continent, the only people who hate him took a boat to another country, and STILL he gets exiled to the cold wasteland! Fuck him.

    Yeah, totally nailed it.

  4. #28804
    took a boat to another country and then died of a mysterious illness*
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  5. #28805
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Where did Jon even get a Sai? I've never seen a dagger like this on the entire show.

    On his belt the entire episode.

  6. #28806
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,516


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    On his belt the entire episode.
    It's been there at least since Arya showed up in Winterfell and they both started dressing the same.

  7. #28807
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Something similar happened Withe the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan. It grew so big and so in depth he started having trouble with the books, Sadly he died before finishing them, but he had the over all story outlined and "finished" . I wonder how the Wheel Of Time series adaptation will work out
    At least they finished strongly. Those books could be edited into something people might actually read; just have to take out vast chunks of the middle.

  8. #28808
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I'm glad they showed us about 10 full minutes of characters slowly walking in silence instead of less important scenes such as Jon surrendering and somehow convincing Grey Worm not to kill him on the spot. It was also great how they turned what in earlier seasons would have been a serious scene, the new council picking up the pieces of the realm, into a sketch comedy scene (omg not the chairs! troll author not including Tyrion in his meta book. oh Bronn you're such a hoot. hi Bran, bye Bran). They finally gave that loser Jon the sendoff he deserves. He did the right thing, was pivotal in saving literally everyone from ice zombies, his family rules the entire continent, the only people who hate him took a boat to another country, and STILL he gets exiled to the cold wasteland! Fuck him.

    Yeah, totally nailed it.
    By then everyone knew Jon was the rightful heir and had a ton of support. Grey Worm had no choice about killing him on the spot, he still respected what he'd done and respected he, like Tyrion would be treated differently. I mean, you say yourself "the only people who hate him took a boat to another continent". He hates him, but he's not a fucking idiot.

    He got exiled because he didn't want to be King, everyone knew he was a Targaryan and didn't want another on the throne even if he did, and he had no place in Winterfell. His work was done. What the fuck else is he going to do? Get executed for killing Dany which is what was actually going to happen? Dany was even more instrumental in killing ice zombies, as was Arya; people were glad the former was dead and no one seemed to give much of a shit about the latter.

  9. #28809
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    By then everyone knew Jon was the rightful heir and had a ton of support. Grey Worm had no choice about killing him on the spot, he still respected what he'd done and respected he, like Tyrion would be treated differently. I mean, you say yourself "the only people who hate him took a boat to another continent". He hates him, but he's not a fucking idiot.

    He got exiled because he didn't want to be King, everyone knew he was a Targaryan and didn't want another on the throne even if he did, and he had no place in Winterfell. His work was done. What the fuck else is he going to do? Get executed for killing Dany which is what was actually going to happen? Dany was even more instrumental in killing ice zombies, as was Arya; people were glad the former was dead and no one seemed to give much of a shit about the latter.
    How did Greyworm not have a choice? The guy was slicing unarmed prisoners throats because their queen killed his girlfriend. How the fuck do you think he is going to feel when he sees that Jon is the man that killed his Queen that he is fanatically loyal to?
    And he commands the unsullied and Dothraki who at this point are still equal to any other army on the continent and are all also utterly and fanatically loyal to their just murdered Queen.
    There is no reality in which Jon doesn't get murdered in the most brutal way Greyworm can think of, which is why D&D had to time skip ahead because they had no way to realistically avoid that situation.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  10. #28810
    Legendary! Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How did Greyworm not have a choice? The guy was slicing unarmed prisoners throats because their queen killed his girlfriend. How the fuck do you think he is going to feel when he sees that Jon is the man that killed his Queen that he is fanatically loyal to?
    And he commands the unsullied and Dothraki who at this point are still equal to any other army on the continent and are all also utterly and fanatically loyal to their just murdered Queen.
    There is no reality in which Jon doesn't get murdered in the most brutal way Greyworm can think of, which is why D&D had to time skip ahead because they had no way to realistically avoid that situation.
    D&D: "Okay, we got a problem with what to do with the Dothraki and Unsuillied army, which we have resurrected and somehow reinforced throughout the entire season. Won't they just defeat the broken kingdoms of Westeros and pillage the land, leaving nothing for winter?
    D&D: "Wait! I got an idea!
    MAGIC!!!!!
    Narrator: " And after some time, the Dothraki returned peacefully to the Grass Sea and the Unsuillied happy with a dead queen and exiled murdere, left for Naath to never be seen again".
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

  11. #28811
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How did Greyworm not have a choice? The guy was slicing unarmed prisoners throats because their queen killed his girlfriend. How the fuck do you think he is going to feel when he sees that Jon is the man that killed his Queen that he is fanatically loyal to?
    And he commands the unsullied and Dothraki who at this point are still equal to any other army on the continent and are all also utterly and fanatically loyal to their just murdered Queen.
    There is no reality in which Jon doesn't get murdered in the most brutal way Greyworm can think of, which is why D&D had to time skip ahead because they had no way to realistically avoid that situation.
    Even his Queen who just burned down a city gave Tyrion time in which to establish a defence, and Grey Worm isn't an idiot he's a military commander, he doesn't ever make any rash decisions like this, the guys he's executing he's carrying out methodically at the instruction of Dany; it's not malicious, it's just business. He controls the Unsullied and Dothraki, but they weren't the majority of combat forces, and he just raised his only defensible position on the entire continent.

    In any case, it wasn't his dream to be the military commander, it was to finish the job and go home as free man with Missandei. And go home is exactly what he did.

  12. #28812
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    At some point we should talk about how Drogon is apparently intelligent enough to figure out that Danerys' quest for the throne is ultimately what killed her but not intelligent enough to immediately figure out that pointy thing sticking out of his mom = dead

  13. #28813
    I just realized: Sansa queen, Bran king, Jon exiled, Arya on an adventure.

    Almost like Catelyn Stark wrote the episode.

  14. #28814
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    At some point we should talk about how Drogon is apparently intelligent enough to figure out that Danerys' quest for the throne is ultimately what killed her but not intelligent enough to immediately figure out that pointy thing sticking out of his mom = dead
    I imagine even the most intelligent person would still immediately check to see if the person they love is dead, followed by having some kind of irrational “please be okay, you’re okay” (in denial) moment.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  15. #28815
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    At some point we should talk about how Drogon is apparently intelligent enough to figure out that Danerys' quest for the throne is ultimately what killed her but not intelligent enough to immediately figure out that pointy thing sticking out of his mom = dead
    Or perhaps he saw the pointy thing sticking out of his mom, saw the pointy things the throne is made of, and made the wrong conclusion.

  16. #28816
    I feel bad for you noobs actually liking this dogshitshow.

  17. #28817
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Even his Queen who just burned down a city gave Tyrion time in which to establish a defence, and Grey Worm isn't an idiot he's a military commander, he doesn't ever make any rash decisions like this, the guys he's executing he's carrying out methodically at the instruction of Dany; it's not malicious, it's just business. He controls the Unsullied and Dothraki, but they weren't the majority of combat forces, and he just raised his only defensible position on the entire continent.

    In any case, it wasn't his dream to be the military commander, it was to finish the job and go home as free man with Missandei. And go home is exactly what he did.
    He doesn't do rash things, like throw his spear in rage at a bunch of surrendering soldiers because his girl just died?

    Oh nope, he literally did that the previous episode.

    And why are the Unsullied going to an island to die out instead of following the last order of their queen?
    To break free everyone in the world?

    Nothing involving the resolution of the Dothraki and Unsullied makes any sense at all.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  18. #28818
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    At some point we should talk about how Drogon is apparently intelligent enough to figure out that Danerys' quest for the throne is ultimately what killed her but not intelligent enough to immediately figure out that pointy thing sticking out of his mom = dead
    Drogon was shot by Bronn last season in their first encounter with Scorpions. He just shrugged off being impaled, maybe he thinks mom should be more resilient.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    He doesn't do rash things, like throw his spear in rage at a bunch of surrendering soldiers because his girl just died?

    Oh nope, he literally did that the previous episode.

    And why are the Unsullied going to an island to die out instead of following the last order of their queen?
    To break free everyone in the world?

    Nothing involving the resolution of the Dothraki and Unsullied makes any sense at all.
    That wasn't rash, that was hearing Drogon start cooking the town.

    Why are they going home? Because their leader is dead, and the alliances that she held together the rest of the armies have split apart from them and looking for new direction.

  19. #28819
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    booooooooooooooooooooo
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

  20. #28820
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    I feel bad for you noobs actually liking this dogshitshow.
    I feel bad for cringy nihilists who get their enjoyment of things through hating them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •