Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    President of Programming at HBO Casey Bloys already came out and said in a recent interview that he is not sure if the prequel will be premiering next year. He stated that they would not rush this and will let this become the best product possible. He didn't rule out 2020 but he also didn't commit to it. I am willing to bet we will see the prequel in 2021.
    That'll be fine, we waited 2 years for this mess, we can wait 2 more for something better.

They obviously won't remake season 8 due to the cost and time of episode 3 primarily. They knew this was the outcome and HBO along with GRRM tried to prevent it but D&D had Star Wars in the pipeline and GoT was the victim.
    I saw the recent one where GRRM stated that he tried to push for like 10 seasons, saying they could have done even more than that with all the material. But as long as those asshats are out of the way and GRRM works with HBO, they can now do whatever they want and switch out writers whenever.
    And it pisses me off that they were chosen to do those 3 Old Republic movies, being that I've wanted movies set in that time period forever now :/

You know what GRRM should greenlight now, if he has the rights to it. An Anime-like series of Game of Thrones now that it's live action is done. Don't need big name actors, can be more like the source material and explore the other characters never shown in the show with greater detail and the battles will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Star Wars is a convenient scapegoat right now but the truth is that D&D had their hearts set on 7 seasons for a long time, despite GRRM and HBO trying to get them to go for 10+ the whole time.
    Maybe you're right and Star Wars is a convenient scapegoat but there is no way D&D really thought season 7 & 8 was quality storytelling. The actors couldn't even praise it. They all voiced displeasure and disappointment with how the show ended. Emilia Clarke even said in an interview that she knew Dany story would most likely end this way but she hated how she got there so quickly and abruptly. D&D knew they had a very sub-par product and did not care. Maybe they did have 7 seasons in mind but to give this series a half-assed, rushed, incoherent story is a failure and oversight on their part.
    Last edited by Byuiso; 2019-05-23 at 05:46 PM.

My OP:

https://old.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...t_episodes_46/

Found it earlier, I think this is what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Big. Yikes.

This can’t be real but it wouldn’t surprise me anymore.

Damn so it was this haha
    - Professional Russian - Front End Web Dev / DevOps Trainee / UI Designer / Amateur Videographer

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    I thought the unsullied did not do anything because they do not know how to think for themselves. Grey Worm was killing the Lannister soldiers because he was told to by Danny, not because he wanted to. Arrested Tyrion because he was told to. Everything he did was because he was told to. He may have been freed, but he was "programmed" from day one to listen, not speak (unless told to...). The rest of the Unsullied, followed Grey Worm.
    Exactly. Even if Daenerys freed the Unsullied, they still had a slave mentality. Slaves for whom the only purpose in life is to fight and kill at their masters will. And then Dany had the Dothraki, whose main purpose in life is to raid, pilliage, enslave and rape. Add to this the dragons who would eat "anything" and are not easily controled ("a dragon is not a slave", as Dany said), and it was clear it could not end well for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Game of Throne Fans: What we love about GoT is how they subvert expectations.

Also GoT Fans: Season 8 was terrible because it did not go like I expected.

That being said, season 8 was clearly rushed and they needed at least 2 more full 10 episode seasons to build the character archs in a way that made sense for how they ended. However, I don't think it was nearly as bad as everyone seems to think it was.
    I believe they could have done something quite acceptable if the last two seasons had 10 episodes each. That's seven more episodes. Enough time to flesh out some characters more and tie some lose ends.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Man, been watching Preston for years. And now his watch is ended.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    TBF, Lena Headey did a good job at being Cersei. Not her fault they did fuck all with the character. At least Cersei wasn't bad a Bran. My dude got paid just to sit there and look bored the entire season.
    I think she’s amazing. But it’s like they only paid her per word in season 8

I actually think all of the actors are amazing. But even good acting can’t save garbage writing

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Exactly. Even if Daenerys freed the Unsullied, they still had a slave mentality. Slaves for whom the only purpose in life is to fight and kill at their masters will. And then Dany had the Dothraki, whose main purpose in life is to raid, pilliage, enslave and rape. Add to this the dragons who would eat "anything" and are not easily controled ("a dragon is not a slave", as Dany said), and it was clear it could not end well for her.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe they could have done something quite acceptable if the last two seasons had 10 episodes each. That's seven more episodes. Enough time to flesh out some characters more and tie some lose ends.
    I wouldn't say that the Unsullied have been slaves for a while. That stopped when Grey Worm gained some agency. They are the 'perfect soldiers' though. 100% to their mission and the chain of command even if they don't necessarily believe in the cause. Dany had stopped 'owning' them well before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That's D&D when they ran out of GRRM's material and had to come up with stuff themselves.
    The funny thing is that even without the last 2 books they didn't run out of material, they either just ignored entire plotlines or condensed them into other characters (Like the Dornish masterplan, young Griff, lol Stannis).

D&D were just rushing to end it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Considering "subverting expectations" is usually a term used in a negative manner I highly doubt that fans loved it because of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yes. That's precisely why people are complaining about the last season.
    I would say it is nearly universal that people who complain are those that don't get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I had been looking forward to Preston's review of episode 6 more than the finale itself

If they were expecting to get there expectations subverted, then... did they get what they wanted?

varys death still makes me facepalm at how stupidly rushed it was like the whole season.

Dany turning from overzealous ruler into hilter into the spawn of 2 episodes gave everyone whiplash including the actors themselves.

but varys omg, what were they thinking. "He dies to show how bad dany is" but lets have her burn down a city to show how bad she is.

The season is a cluster fuck omg
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Marfrilau View Post
    Considering "subverting expectations" is usually a term used in a negative manner I highly doubt that fans loved it because of that...
    Everything about this season was predictable except the ease by which the Night King was killed and Bran taking the throne. If you thought Daenerys wasn't going to die this season and take the throne, you weren't paying attention or forgot what show you are watching. The problem is that they only set up her death over the course of the last three episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because the show wanted a singular villain for the audience to react to and to drive the story while GRRM doesn't like that sort of thing.
    This sounds legit. I really wish they did more with the white walkers, but i guess this new series they are filming will center more around it and the leaf girls (i forget their name)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Not my work, but found this amusing. Westeros is a sim of Westworld.

I think Euron, Sam and Arya are guests. Euron for the reasons you explained, Arya because she's OP and unkillable (and notice how a random host saves her during the stampede at KL) and at the end she unlocked a new "West" expansion pack, and Sam because he also should've died a dozen times (notice how the dead don't harm him even while he's sitting there crying, and hosts like Edd go out of their way to save him).

Now, what happened during season 8 was definitely a park-wide malfunction. The Dany host failed to interpret the sound of the bells as her trigger to stand down and instead destroyed the city. The Jon host had been glitching for a while, only able to repeat certain phrases like "She's muh queen" and "Ah dun want it" over and over again. The Jaime host totally malfunctioned and instead of completing his plot of killing Cersei ended up actually murdering a guest (Euron) in the process.

Bran, of course, is the only A.I. that achieved sentience (when he warged during the Long Night he was actually seeing the main code and altering it). He manipulated all the other hosts to vote "aye" for him as king even though it made no sense.

And of course, Pod is one of the most in-demand sex-bots in the park.

For the Euron explained part https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...as_ended_lets/

Euron has been from alt dimension in my head anyway. I like the comment in that thread about the coffee cups and water bottles.

Dont know if this has been posted yet, but truely, thread/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doNt kNoW wHat PlAyeRs wAnT FoR CHarACteR CrEaTioN MOdelS

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    varys death still makes me facepalm at how stupidly rushed it was like the whole season.

Dany turning from overzealous ruler into hilter into the spawn of 2 episodes gave everyone whiplash including the actors themselves.

but varys omg, what were they thinking. "He dies to show how bad dany is" but lets have her burn down a city to show how bad she is.

The season is a cluster fuck omg
    WTB Blackfyre plot!

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, season 8 was clearly rushed and they needed at least 2 more full 10 episode seasons to build the character archs in a way that made sense for how they ended. However, I don't think it was nearly as bad as everyone seems to think it was.
    THey needed 2-3 more seasons. They left alot of important plot lines out that really harm the final product. Primarily a good dornish plot, and the blackfyre plot were missing. And this isn't including Lady Stoneheart, or how important house Manderly and White Harbor is to the north.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to say this. Lena Hedy really does deserve recognition for playing one of the most hated characters in TV or Cinema History. She breathed life into Cersei which its now difficult to imagine anyone else playing her. Also Maisie Williams also deserves recognition. When she is given a chance to act she can really knock it out of the park, like her early scenes with Charles Dance, or playing off the Hound a season later. I don't think D&D knew what to do with her once she was in Bravos and the really ruined a chance with using her correctly. I think that Emilia Clark can do a good job playing crazy fortunately. The only issue was the pacing of it. They really could have benefited as mentioned by everyone with brain cells that more seasons were needed to properly pace the show. One final thing. D&D did an excellent job in adapting the screen play from the books. And if I was looking for someone to show run with information already being available and just adapting it I would hire them in a heart beat. I also wouldn't let them play with anything that they create themselves. Once there framework they are working off of disappears, they go listless and inconsistent and the quality really suffers.