10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Also, how badass was it when Arya got slapped in the face for trying to say she hated the Hound. Jaquen was like, nah bitch, YOU LOVE HIM & YOU KNOW IT! Arya and the Hound for life. I still can't believe she legit just left him to die on the side of a mountain, that was just cold blooded.
    But is he dead though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally watched the episode. What's the big deal?

Is it bad that I kinda want D&D to include the hunting dog scene just to remind everyone crying about the bedding what the show's level of fucked up content really is?

I don'the mind character development. So long as it's not some power rangers montage (I'm looking at you sand snakes), it does need to happen.

I've read the books, I watch the show. They're different enough now to be mostly separate entities. Sansa's wedding was predictable. I actually didn't really feel anything about it entirely because it was predictable and not at all shocking. What did we *think* was going to happen? Rainbows and unicorns?

Now, Penny Dreadful went to someplace pretty dark last night, and I was creeped out and a bit sad at the outcome, though it was in no way less predictable. It was just better told.
    Last edited by Evil Dave; 2015-05-18 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Is it bad that I kinda want D&D to include the hunting dog scene just to remind everyone crying about the bedding what the show's level of fucked up content really is?
    ....they already showed one, when Ramsay was first introduced on the show.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So after reading just the few on the first page (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/gam...rones/s05/e06/), have they not seen the rest of the show. Other things are FAR worse than that scene last night. Was it a little uncomfortable? Sure, it was rape. But I actually feel it was something that WOULD happen in Westeros. You know she didn't want to give it up to Ramsey, and you know Ramsy wasn't going to pull a Tyrion and let her just chill. Ramsey was going to have his bride whether she liked it or not.

As others have mentioned, it was also a 2 for 1 type of deal for Ramsey. He gets to show his dominance over Sansa (in her OWN home, something she mentions to him multiple times and he is trying to show whose house it is now) as well as torture Theon some more.

Otherwise, happy to see some headway with Arya. The dorne scene were absolutely horrible. Only thing those scenes have going for them is when Bronn is there because he is just awesome. I knew that squire dude was gonna come out so it was easily called, but I still liked it. Cersei is going crazy and while she thinks it's all going to plan, it's all going to blow up in her face beautifully.

Tommen straight pissed me off. I know you're young but dude, you're the fucking king and your queen is being taken away. Fuck your mother, you're the king. Stop those dudes then and there. Strip their power. You have that power. I know he is young and impressionable, but he is TOO weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    She knew she could escape, if she wanted to. And that she could have hid among the smallfolk, and they never would have betrayed her to the Boltons. In fact, this is the very problem Theon runs up against when trying to find Bran and Rickon, the smallfolk supporting the Starks. Which is why he burns two farmer boys in an attempt to pretend he killed them.

Ultimately, it's also lazy because the show set up the fake Arya after the Red Wedding, and she even went North *with* Roose Bolton, iirc. But D&D just magically dropped it to throw in this storyline with Sansa marrying Ramsay.
    If she wants to avenge her family, she must remain in Winterfell, not escape from it. There is a Stark in Winterfell again. That is a powerful symbol for both smallfolk and bannermen alike that are still loyal to the Starks. She can do much more by remaining in Winterfell than by escaping. But to do that, she must stay alive. She must play it smart and play it cool, boy... /snaps fingers
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I think the thing with Tommen is interesting. It illustrates how perfectly awful Cersei's plan is. He gave the power the Faith Militant is wielding to them, to get up and take Margaery back is in defiance of their power, and they can essentially arrest him. So then his choices are: 1) let it play out, or 2) literally end the Faith Militant right there, which will get him his Queen back, but make him look weaker for giving them the power in the first place. And possibly foment a rebellion.

It would be delicious if Tommen is actually smarter than Cersei at 15, and realizes this, and starts working against her, and undermining her without prompting from Margaery.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    You're right. Theon knows this. The fact remains that she is a Stark and that he feels guilt towards them.
    Fair enough. At least not everything is riding on her--uh, I mean at least she doesn't have to carry the ball the--- Y'know what? Never mind.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the thing with Tommen is interesting. It illustrates how perfectly awful Cersei's plan is. He gave the power the Faith Militant is wielding to them, to get up and take Margaery back is in defiance of their power, and they can essentially arrest him. So then his choices are: 1) let it play out, or 2) literally end the Faith Militant right there, which will get him his Queen back, but make him look weaker for giving them the power in the first place. And possibly foment a rebellion.

It would be delicious if Tommen is actually smarter than Cersei at 15, and realizes this, and starts working against her, and undermining her without prompting from Margaery.
    He could, he just won't live long enough to make anything come to fruition. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    /snip

Tommen straight pissed me off. I know you're young but dude, you're the fucking king and your queen is being taken away. Fuck your mother, you're the king. Stop those dudes then and there. Strip their power. You have that power. I know he is young and impressionable, but he is TOO weak.
    Perfectly in line with his character. He's a sweet, nice guy. Totally not King material.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Perfectly in line with his character. He's a sweet, nice guy. Totally not King material.
    Well.. more than Joffrey..

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of that stems from the fact that I don't think D&D are good storytellers. They've had deviations from the book which I didn't mind, and one major deviation which I thought was actually good (Arya + Tywin at Harrenhal) even though it resulted in nothing in the longer term. But the further they get away from the source material, the worse the storytelling is (imo).

That's of course going to be a subjective opinion. But it's the same issue I have with, for example, a show like The Walking Dead, where there's a significant portion of the audience who just want zombie slaughter. GoT has this sub-audience who just wants shocks and awe, whether it's in battle, or surprising plot twists, etc. I want a cohesive story with things that make sense, and, imo, their deviations haven't made sense, largely.

Ultimately, whether you think a story is good or not is subjective, so....there's that. I just don't trust them with this particular storyline.
    This I would agree with. However it's showing its head much more with the Sandsnakes or Missandei+Worm than with Sansa. With Sansa all they've done was roll Jeyne Poole into her character and then make the rape scene much milder. The Sandsnakes belong in Hercules and M+GW belong on Passions.

No i mean when Ramsey has one of them rape Jeyne Poole. If people were outraged by the bedding imagine that,

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Well.. more than Joffrey..
    No, not even just in comparison to Joffrey. He's a genuinely nice guy. In the books he's a genuinely nice boy. Not overly bright, but not stupid. Not strong. Not commanding. Just sensitive and kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not even just in comparison to Joffrey. He's a genuinely nice guy. In the books he's a genuinely nice boy. Not overly bright, but not stupid. Not strong. Not commanding. Just sensitive and kind.
    I meant better king than Joffrey.

I'd like to believe that if Stannis sieged the capital right now, Tommen would quickly accept surrendering the throw to his uncle. And not out of fear, but to give it to someone who would be better fit them him and to avoid bloodshed.

If I recall correctly(can't pop the episode up atm) Varys talked about the little people ruling themselves and here's a king who would probably listen to these ideas, but Varys isn't around to try it out.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I'd like to believe that if Stannis sieged the capital right now, Tommen would quickly accept surrendering the throw to his uncle. And not out of fear, but to give it to someone who would be better fit them him and to avoid bloodshed.

If I recall correctly(can't pop the episode up atm) Varys talked about the little people ruling themselves and here's a king who would probably listen to these ideas, but Varys isn't around to try it out.
    Which could very well end in bloodshed itself. Democracies are best slowly built, or they are oft unstable. Unfortunately it takes a strong King to moderate the process, or strong nobles/people in power. Tommen is not the first, and does not have the luxury of the second. And we know that Stannis would not relinquish control once he got it.

In all honesty, I don't think Stannis ever sees K.L. again. I think he gives his life in the coming onslaught from beyond the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I meant better king than Joffrey.
    Fair enough. Although that's setting the bar a little low...

Tbh i kind of have the feeling that if R+L=J/Jon=AA is real Melisandre will end up killing Stannis to give Jon control over his army.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fine to chop off Theon's dick, but noooooooooooo we can't have a woman get raped in this FICTIONAL TV show.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/88807750.html

oh boy Oh Boy OH BOY

The video got removed so I don't know if it's true:

-----SPOILER ABOUT BRONN'S FATE-----

Tyene: He has a good voice.
    Obara: He's a singer, if he was a fighter we might've been in trouble.
    Bronn: It's against my code to hurt women.
    Obara: It's amazing how many men we beat seem to have this code.
    Bronn: I wouldn't say you beat me.
    Tyene: And how is your arm?
    Bronn: Wonderful. Wouldn't feel right to leave Dorne without a new scar.
    Obara: You think you're leaving Dorne?
    Bronn: No great hurry. Dornish women are the most beautiful in the world.
    Tyene: Thank you.
    Bronn: I said Dornish women, I didn't say you.
    Tyene: I'm not the most beautiful woman you have ever seen?
    Bronn: I've seen quite a few women in all the Seven Kingdoms.
    Tyene: Tell me one woman more beautiful than I am.
    Bronn: Well, now in King's Landing there was an absolute...
    Tyene: There was a what? In King's Landing you were saying...
    Bronn: Was I?
    Tyene: ...there is a woman more beautiful than I am.
    Bronn: Was there? My memory's not what it was earlier.
    Tyene: And how is your arm now.
    Bronn: You seem concerned with it. You must really like me.
    Tyene: And how is your head?
    Bronn: My head? You don't even want to know what's going on in there.
    Tyene: What was that, are you sure you're feeling alright?
    Bronn: Sure, a bit woozy but that's to be expected after a good dust-up.
    Tyene: Your nose is bleeding.
    Bronn: It's not it's the dry air.
    Tyene: My dagger was coated with a special ointment from Asshai. It's called the Long Farewell. It can take some time to work some times several days. But if one single drop makes contact with the skin...death.
    Tyene: The only antidote. Who is the most beautiful woman in the world? Who? Who, sorry?
    Bronn: You.
    She takes whatever the antidote it is from or off of her necklace and gives it to him.
    Tyene: Don't drop it. I think you're very handsome as well.
    She blows him a kiss and laughs.

It's like they are really trying to find out just how deep they can dig with the Dorne arc
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988