Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    All the signs since the beginning of the books have pointed to Jon Snow being important. It would be incredibly stupid to throw all that away. Not pandering at all. It's the narrative.
    In fairness, the first book made Ned out to be the main character, and we all know how that ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    In fairness, the first book made Ned out to be the main character, and we all know how that ended.
    Okay. Yes I agree with that. Even setting up Ned was setting up Jon though. It was showing that he was willing to die for his honor. So how could he possibly have a bastard son being as honor bound as he was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Jon isnt dead

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I really hope that Jon isn't reanimated. If he dies - which is likely given the direction of the books - then I firmly believe that he should stay dead. Let the prophecies surrounding him be mistaken - or else it'll just feel like pandering. So many wonderful characters have been killed off and made to endure realistic and gritty consequences so I don't believe Dany or Jon should be kept around. Seeing them die rather abruptly and fail would be far more satisfying for me than seeing them endure any and every obstacle put in their paths. It's far too 'mary sueish' for my liking.

I'm admittedly biased though given that I can't stand Jon or Dany. The intrigue in King's Landing interests me far more.
    I completely agree. I'd like the WWs to sweep south, taking out the boltons, Stannis, Brienne, Johnny Snowballs, and push on Kings Landing, only to have Dany sweep in on a dragon and burn them all down... then catch an arrow in the throat. She crashes her dragon, it gets eaten by the remaining WWs, who turn it into a Frost Wyrm that then ices Kings Landing over.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I blame the casting director.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I completely agree. I'd like the WWs to sweep south, taking out the boltons, Stannis, Brienne, Johnny Snowballs, and push on Kings Landing, only to have Dany sweep in on a dragon and burn them all down... then catch an arrow in the throat. She crashes her dragon, it gets eaten by the remaining WWs, who turn it into a Frost Wyrm that then ices Kings Landing over.
    ^. The kingdoms have been fucking up for centuries. Forgetting their true enemy, letting the wall rot, ignoring the warnings from it's most trusted advisers and generals, in fighting over titles and last names, they set themselves up for a loss.
    Westeros covered in snow, night's queen on the iron throne, rhllor's acolytes pushed across the narrow sea to regroup. GoT: World War as the rest of the planet fights the great other and it's dead westorosi army.

Deleted
    I didnt understand some bits of the last episode guys!

a) did the giant live?
    b) why cant white walkers cross water?
    c) why did john snow managed to parry with that sword against the ice "general"
    d) considering their number and what takes to kill white walkers not all of humanity could face them, is this why the plot is slowing introducing dragons? are dragons the ultimate and only weapon against the hordes of undead? would be stupid to think a nere united army of men could do anything..

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post

a) did the giant live?
    d) considering their number and what takes to kill white walkers not all of humanity could face them, is this why the plot is slowing introducing dragons? are dragons the ultimate and only weapon against the hordes of undead? would be stupid to think a nere united army of men could do anything..
    a- we think so
    b- i think the night's king was sending them a message by allowing them to leave and tell everyone "we're coming"
    c- Valyarian steel mother fucker
    d- looks like dragons are the wws of rhllor's forces. wws are a pain in the ass to kill for rhllors team, dragons are a pain in the ass to kill for the great other's team.

Deleted
    Fire makes the wights drop dead, you don't need Dragons, just get some rudimentary flamethrowers and your golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire makes the wights drop dead, you don't need Dragons, just get some rudimentary flamethrowers and your golden.
    Not White Walkers though who literally have a freezing aura that extinguishes fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Not White Walkers though who literally have a freezing aura that extinguishes fire.
    Dragonglass tipped arrows.

Deleted
    Why don't the white walkers just freeze the water and invade Westeros by walking on the ice and avoiding the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny No Bravo View Post
    Why don't the white walkers just freeze the water and invade Westeros by walking on the ice and avoiding the wall?
    Because of (plot) and (story). And they seem to not only advance as winter creeps south, but also make it even colder and stay cold (perma winter) as they hold the territory.

Deleted

a) did the giant live?
    a) yes, he just walked over to the large ships, since he's tall enough.
    b) plot
    c) Jon's sword is made of valyrian steel. A special enchanted alloy that was made in Valyria and even then it was very expensive and only the rich could afford such a weapon. The knowledge of forging valyrian steel has been lost when Valyria exploded, and while there are smiths that can work with such steel, they can't actually smelt valirian steel as the process requires some magic, and they can only reforge existing steel.
    Only 3 things can harm a white walker: a dragon's fire breath, valyrian steel and dragon glass (obsidian). Since there are no dragons around in Westeros, and no way in hell to equip an army with valyrian steel swords (it wasn't possible even in Valyria's days of glory), dragon glass remains the only option cheap and common enough to be able to equip an army.
    d) like I said, obsidian can harm white walkers too. However, there are really not that many white walkers, their strength is the immense number of undead they can just overwhelm any opposition with, and the undead can be destroyed with regular weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Mm. It's becoming tiresome at this point since the likes of Ned, Jaime and Loras were described as being excellent swordsmen yet each suffered realistic consequences that served to either end their lives or force them to be humbled in some way. Meanwhile Dany and Jon just get a ridiculous amount of plot armour and attention - often at the cost of characters that are arguably more interesting.

I think it'd be pretty fitting for the last scene to be the Iron Throne gathering dust with King's Landing a ruin overwhelmed by the undead.

10+ Year Old Account

a) did the giant live?
    a) Unknown
    b) Who said they can't? But they definitely cannot walk on water. Hence they don't. And there's no practical point in pursuing mortals by swimming.
    c) Special sword made of special steel. Also, Magic.
    d) An army of mortals theoretically can crush an army of undead into bone dust or simply burn the motherfuckers, and then hunt down the walkers using special weapons. But dragons are indeed a Deus Ex Draco trope it seems. As they can do both at the same time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    a) Unknown
    b) Who said they can't? But they definitely cannot walk on water. Hence they don't. And there's no practical point in pursuing mortals by swimming.
    c) Special sword made of special steel. Also, Magic.
    d) An army of mortals theoretically can crush an army of undead into bone dust or simply burn the motherfuckers, and then hunt down the walkers using special weapons. But dragons are indeed a Deus Ex Draco trope it seems. As they can do both at the same time.
    Actually, we see Wun Wun standing next to Jon's company in the episode 9's promo, so yes the Giant survives.

Deleted
    Ofc Wun Wun survives, he can just walk to the boats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Actually, we see Wun Wun standing next to Jon's company in the episode 9's promo, so yes the Giant survives.
    About the giants the one who died by Jon's friends (forgot their names) previous season is their king right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Ah, I don't watch promos. So he lives, ok.