Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Does that really bother you? I mean, they could throw in a bunch of "three months later..." or "meanwhile, in Dorne..." intros to every scene, but that would be damn annoying. When it seems like someone has moved far pretty fast, just assume that some time has gone by, and they didn't waste an episode chronicling the epic journeys of Varys across the sea.
    That wasn't his point, at all. He was simply explaining why Varys need not be some sort of sorcerer to travel the way he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Theres not even health concerns for childrens with cousins. People already overplay consanguinity, cousins give as much risk of birth defect as random person with no relation to you what so ever. Also Jon Snow is Dany's Nephew, not her Cousin. Nice Aunt, Jon.
    They weren't talking about Dany and Jon. They were speaking of Sansa and Jon. Hence cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Those stores had to be searched for by someone who knew they might be there. Jaime knew something was up with the Pyromancers way back during Robert's Rebellion, but he didn't know what. (ie. he knew he was saving the city because he knew Aerys was that murderous, but he didn't know the exact details.) He wasn't inclined to look himself, and nobody was inclined to listen to him as he was the "Kingslayer"

Aerys' stores have been hidden all that time. (Incidentally he hid more than just under the Sept of Baelor. Jaime may still yet have to kill Cersei to save K.L.)

The Wildfyre used at the Battle of the Blackwater was what had been made by the Pyromancers in the intervening time, including what Cersei and Tyrion had ordered prior.
    Yet Tyrion knew where they were. And in the 15+ (if you stick to the lore) years of Roberts rule, no one ever said "hey, lets go see if we can find those old barrels get those out of there, just in case anyone else ever has a stupid idea of blowing up the city).

I'm satisfied at the result of solving the whole highsparrow nonsense, just not the way it was executed.

That wasn't his point, at all. He was simply explaining why Varys need not be some sort of sorcerer to travel the way he did.

- - - Updated - - -

They weren't talking about Dany and Jon. They were speaking of Sansa and Jon. Hence cousins.
    Still, the guy has nice aunt and cousin. I wish i had aunts like that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Remember Aemon waking up and saying the Dragon must have three heads? He said he was too old to help her (Danny), Jon is now confirmed as Targaryen...so who is the 3rd? Is it Tyrion? He is thought to possibly be the rape child of the Mad King and Tywin's wife (who was also his cousin..fucking incest runs in the family). If not Tyrion then who has Targaryen blood and can be the third head of the dragon?

I've heard it theorized lately that Jaimie will be the Prince that was Promised. He will kill Cersei as she is destroying Kings Landing before Danny can take it. Amidst all the destruction (salt and smoke) he kills her with Oathkeeper which was apparently lost by Brienne as she dies defeating the Mountain. It turns into Lightbringer as he kills the only person he loves in life, for him the ultimate sacrifice.

This fits a lot of the prophecy and fulfills Cersei's own as he is her younger sibling by seconds. It also sounds like something Martin would do, misdirection being one of his favorite things. The only problem is as I understand it, the Prince is supposed to be of Targaryen blood. Jaimie is not. That only leaves Danny, Jon and whoever the 3rd head is. Everything so far has really pointed to Danny. As Aemon saw it she has already fulfilled all of the prerequisites. But that would almost be too easy and obvious. A happy ending this show is not going to have. As Ramsey said, "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."
    In order for it to be true about Jaime, he must come from the line of Rhaella and Aerys. Aside from the fact that Jaime/Cersei can't be Aerys children (born 3 years after wedding/bedding and in Casterly Rock while Aerys had not left K.L.) it is Aerys and Rhaella's line. This is why Tyrion, despite being heavily theorized as Aerys' child-by-rape (timeline actually fits) has not been theorized as TPTWP. Only Jon and Dany currently fit.

I still think that the way the faceless men refer to themselves "a man" "noone" "a girl" is all a sort of ranking system of their abilities

I don't think the kindly old man (jaqen) ever refers to himself as no one, and the waif is just the waif

"A man" could mean that that's what he can disguise himself as; any man.
    while "a girl" is the limit of Aryas abilities, so any female young enough to be considered a girl.

I wonder if Arya took the serving girls face before or after she was flirting with Jamie?
    cause if it was before, she might be wanting to kill him too? or at the very least, try to find out why he sent brienne after her.

"No one" might be the highest "rank" a faceless man can have, being able to disguise themselves as anyone, (..or no one at all..?)
    I've no idea what to write here.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still, the guy has nice aunt and cousin. I wish i had aunts like that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I'm much happier having them not be my cousin or aunt.

Amusing:

Deleted
    After seeing young Ned again, I want to see a show on Robert's Rebellion.
    That scene with Lyanna was just great

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Technically speak? Yes, yes they are. That doesn't make them bad or not part of that specific canon, it's just a designation that indicates someone other than the creator did the writing.
    Designated by whom? My God you " i read the book" people are insufferable. I think it is very safe to say that GRR Martin is all over the scripts. He also knew before the series even began that the show would probably pass the books and thus he agreed that it would end up being a collaborative writing project. Some of the greatest comic book franchises have been written, as cannon, by multiple people.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    I still think that the way the faceless men refer to themselves "a man" "noone" "a girl" is all a sort of ranking system of their abilities

I don't think the kindly old man (jaqen) ever refers to himself as no one, and the waif is just the waif

"A man" could mean that that's what he can disguise himself as; any man.
    while "a girl" is the limit of Aryas abilities, so any female young enough to be considered a girl.

I wonder if Arya took the serving girls face before or after she was flirting with Jamie?
    cause if it was before, she might be wanting to kill him too? or at the very least, try to find out why he sent brienne after her.

"No one" might be the highest "rank" a faceless man can have, being able to disguise themselves as anyone, (..or no one at all..?)
    I could be wrong, but that seems to be overthinking it.

We don't know for sure, but it seems likely that moment was Arya trying to get Jaime alone to kill him, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Designated by whom? My God you " i read the book" people are insufferable. I think it is very safe to say that GRR Martin is all over the scripts. He also knew before the series even began that the show would probably pass the books and thus he agreed that it would end up being a collaborative writing project. Some of the greatest comic book franchises have been written, as cannon, by multiple people.
    He has been very clear that he is not all over the scripts. We know we're insufferable, and choose to be anyway. That should tell you something. And to continue my inherent insufferability... it's "canon".

In order for it to be true about Jaime, he must come from the line of Rhaella and Aerys. Aside from the fact that Jaime/Cersei can't be Aerys children (born 3 years after wedding/bedding and in Casterly Rock while Aerys had not left K.L.) it is Aerys and Rhaella's line. This is why Tyrion, despite being heavily theorized as Aerys' child-by-rape (timeline actually fits) has not been theorized as TPTWP. Only Jon and Dany currently fit.
    Plus even in the books you arent led to believe Rheagar does anything bad to Lyanna. He is never describe as anything bad. Jon is the song of fire and ice, i really never understood why people needed to add Tyrion in this.

Really good finale. Sad that we got no WW breaking the wall though..

Cersei is really mad... genociding a religious group to get on top. Arya is weird.. she is Arya and no one at the same time now?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Teleportation? You actually want to start adding "X time passed" every time they change scenes? o_O;
    The only thing that confuses me is the Sweeney Todd scene, I get it, Arya wants revenge, but isn't that a little way to twisted for her character? Not to mention a huge fucking waste of time if you ask me...
    Her character is pretty damaged at this point. While I understand folks like "badass" Arya, she desperately needs help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this has probably been spoken about by now, but i just finished the episode and all i could think of was: Wasn't Varys just in Dorne?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plus even in the books you arent led to believe Rheagar does anything bad to Lyanna. He is never describe as anything bad. Jon is the song of fire and ice, i really never understood why people needed to add Tyrion in this.
    Well, it's just the desire to look at anybody as a possibility, which I totally get. People seem inclined to ignore rather obvious counterevidence, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varys was in Dorne, but we don't know how much time lapses in the episode. Plus its possible that Dany is nearly at Westeros due to there being Martell and Tyrell ships in the closing scene I believe?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    In order for what to be true? For him to be the Prince that was promised (Azor Ahai)? Does that person have to come from a line of Targaryens? Cause I see no mention of that, just that he is reborn when "the others" (white walkers) need to be challenged.
    Correct. It's a book prophecy, which I understand if you want to go show-only. However the bigger pieces of the puzzle will remain intact between the two, they said. And I'd think the identity of TPTWP would fit that bill.

And it's not just a line of targaryens, the TPTWP is prophesied to be from Aerys and Rhaella's line, specifically.

He has been very clear that he is not all over the scripts. We know we're insufferable, and choose to be anyway. That should tell you something. And to continue my inherent insufferability... it's "canon".
    You really think the books are going to have any significant changes from what happens from here on out on the show? Yeah, they had to merge characters to reduce the cast size and to make sure they could do the entire book series in about 80 hours, but any character that has a significant role to play in the endgame is not going to be different. You think Stanis survives? his daughter? or maybe Jon stays dead in the books...

Movie scripts really are not that long, a one hour show would take just a few hours to read. I am certain Martin reads every line right after it is written by D&D and probably approves their episode outline before they even start writing dialog.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a different note, i wasn't expecting an actual Queen Cersei. I was thinking she was going full mental and burn the entire city to the ground. Guess this makes sense either way, since she's just paved the way for Dany to gain the support of two major westerosi houses.

On the north, D&D have succeeded in creating in me some distrust towards Sansa. All that chit chat about who the North will follow and they end up with Jon, im not so sure about Sansa... or should we call her....Ramsa?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Yet Tyrion knew where they were. And in the 15+ (if you stick to the lore) years of Roberts rule, no one ever said "hey, lets go see if we can find those old barrels get those out of there, just in case anyone else ever has a stupid idea of blowing up the city).

I'm satisfied at the result of solving the whole highsparrow nonsense, just not the way it was executed.
    Part of this occurrence is the way the show disseminated the knowledge of those stores. They made it a little more "accepted" by the general noble class, it seems. In the book it's an odd rumour that nobody really believes, and that's part of the reason Jaime is so maligned as "Kingslayer". Had people really known he actually saved the city they'd have been more forgiving I think.

Small difference, but that might explain why it had that effect for you. I think it still makes relative sense.