10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Kind of sad that Jaime has gone back to being Cersei's bitch.
    Cersei is Jaime's character flaw, his tragedy and probably eventual downfall. He is a cool guy EXCEPT when it comes to Cersei.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I think Theon was a little out of character even for a broken man...like come on. What are you doing in a war party if you can't even protect your sister who went out her way to look out for you?
    I mean, he was tortured by Ramsay. Considering all the things going on around him, ears being cut off, teeth being pulled out, etc. The only thing in his mind at that moment is Ramsay. He doesn't want to be tortured again, and he has a serious case of PTSD going on. Of course he's going to jump, he's terrified and he knows he has no chance against Euron.

The Nymeria scene was nothing like I expected which is awesome. It makes sense for Arya to kinda let Nymeria go and live her own free life just like she did.

What I didn't see is the point of the scene between Littlefinger and Jon. What was the point of him telling Jon he wants to fuck his sister? maybe to show animosity between the two or simply to remind us that the crypts exist?

The sea ambush I was fully expecting so not too thrilling for me. RIP Sandsnakes and Yara. It would take a great plot twist to save her head. Theon jumping off and disappearing a few feet in front of legendary pirate Euron's eyes [I]and [/I]surviving is already quite the stretch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    He's actually someone I just started looking forward to seeing on screen. He's a damn well interesting character and he is a damn savage. Guess that's a reason why I loved Ramsay so much. His character was insane, but so well portrayed as a villain.
    If you haven't read the books yet, do it for Euron. The Winds of Winter chapter about Aeron and Euron that GRRM read last year was incredible.

I don't think the show will ever be able to elevate him to that level, but I do hope they try and incorporate more of his book persona into the show and make him feel like a more dangerous individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The Nymeria scene was nothing like I expected which is awesome. It makes sense for Arya to kinda let Nymeria go and live her own free life just like she did.

What I didn't see is the point of the scene between Littlefinger and Jon. What was the point of him telling Jon he wants to fuck his sister? maybe to show animosity between the two or simply to remind us that the crypts exist?

The sea ambush I was fully expecting so not too thrilling for me. RIP Sandsnakes and Yara. It would take a great plot twist to save her head. Theon jumping off and disappearing a few feet in front of legendary pirate Euron's eyes [I]and [/I]surviving is already quite the stretch.
    Euron knows Theon was broken again, he is a mentally broken eunuch, he had no reason to go back and kill him, besides hes probably too busy having a rape party with Yara right now to care.

so which dragon is gona die, im guessing Viserion

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    so which dragon is gona die, im guessing Viserion
    Yep, and the Night's King is going to reanimate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Yep, and the Night's King is going to reanimate him.
    Yeah, thought the giant reveal was setting it up

10+ Year Old Account
    So I get that Dany is new to Westerosi politics..... but why would she expect Jon to bend the knee to her considering her allies.
    Tyrion is a Lanister, Jon has less hate than the others but still...
    Yara Greyjoy directly attacked the North....
    and the Tyrells sided with the Lanisters even though they never directly attacked Northern troops.
    Also Melisandre..... though it's not like they have anyway to know what she did.
    And well.... she's a fucking Targaryen, considering what caused Robert's Rebellion reaching out to Jon of all lords is just confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

So I get that Dany is new to Westerosi politics..... but why would she expect Jon to bend the knee to her considering her allies.
    and the Tyrells sided with the Lanisters even though they never directly attacked Northern troops.
    Also Melisandre..... though it's not like they have anyway to know what she did.
    And well.... she's a fucking Targaryen, considering what caused Robert's Rebellion reaching out to Jon of all lords is just confusing.
    Shes the mad queen now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Shes the mad queen now
    It's like the Axis of Evil with Tyrion being the only out-lier, not that anyone in the North will care about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Ive been over on reddit and i found the frothing ragehate from the book people really entertaining.

Nymeria / Arya reunion :~(

Glad those 2 cunts are dead, hope they keep the pretty one alive for a while.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-07-24 at 06:15 AM.

Deleted
    Damn that felt good watching Euron kill those 2 Sand Snakes <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Dany knows jack all about politics in Westoros, and thats on top of her lack of experience in general. The only reason why Jon is giving her the time of day is because she has dragons and could at the very least keep Cersei off his back.

Kind of sad that Jaime has gone back to being Cersei's bitch.
    If the spoilers keep on staying correct, it's only temporary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Nah son, Jon is right.

Punishing children for the crimes of their fathers is bullshit. Especially the Umbers... You would basically be spitting on Greatjon's grave to strip his house of all honor and dignity because his son was a power hungry cunt in the wake of his death.

The treachery has already been punished, all the traitors are dead.
    On top of that, Jon knows first hand what its like to punished for the sins of ones father. His entire life he felt like an outcast. Catelyn made sure that he never forgot he was a bastard, he went to the Wall because he wanted to escape all that nonsense. Rickin died because of shit he had absolutely no part of except for his name. All Jon would've doing was continuing the cycle, ending an ancient alliance because of one asshole.

Dany has never been a good (or even passable) diplomat, ever. She should have been of riding her dragons instead of sitting in dragonstone, leave that to Tyrion. But you know she just got home after traveling all her life so i get it, and it not like any of her advisers had the balls to tell her she need to mount up and get her ass out there.

The one thing she is good at is being the mother of dragons using her dragons to inspire people or light them on fire.

Anyone going to miss the bad pussy?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

1) Does Euron have fire mages or something? I know book Euron is a bit of a sorcerer, but why is show Euron able to track Yara down in the middle of the fucking ocean, and then toss fireballs at all her ships from all directions? Like, what? I mean, they're sailing from Dragonstone to Dorne (which is a pretty short trip) and somehow Euron's fleet managed to sail from the north of them, and put himself south of them? Or caught up to them? The fight choreography looked a bit shit too, but people will overlook it for him murdering two of the sand snakes.

2) Why does Yara not suspect Euron is going to come for her? She stole away, she's a legitimate contender to the throne, she plans on usurping him and he knows that - so....let's have casual flirty time with Ellaria while we're on the open sea?

3) I guess that's one way to end the Dornish plot. Jesus, what a fucking train wreck. I foresee a story arc where Yara and Ellaria are brought as the "gift" for Cersei and we get to see some pointless bickering before Cersei does something shock-y for television. Probably gonna make Ellaria fight the Mountain, like Oberyn.

4) Tarly being loyal (or even entertaining it) to Cersei makes no fucking sense. Cersei literally murdered his liege lord, his heir, his lord's daughter who was Queen, and usurped the throne. Why Tarly isn't riding hard to wherever the fuck Olenna asks him to be is beyond me.

5) LF is getting dumber by the moment. What's his grand master plan now? Try and seduce Sansa again so he can rule through her by proxy? Whisper that she should be the rightful ruler after it's clear Jon doesn't really care for the job and is already willing to give Sansa a huge role in running the North?

6) I feel like the whole Arya storyline is bait. That campsite looked exactly like the one she saw the Lannister soldiers at, and the time skip seems oddly incongruous. Not showing her parting ways from the soldiers reeks to me. I hope my prediction that she killed all of them so she could wear their faces is true, despite them actually being good people.

7) In general, the directness of the writing is a bit off-putting. The dialogue just seems flat and uninteresting most of the time. Varys had the best bit in the whole episde, but him being so open about his loyalties is bizarre and totally out of character. It seems like the writers prefer directness and moving everything forward at breakneck speed to the subtlety that made the show great.

8) Sam's storyline went from the worst last week to probably the best this week. I love that he's dipping into forbidden knowledge and practices, and I wonder if it'll lead him to Maester Maerwyn (sp?).

9) I almost forgot that Missandei/Grey Worm scene was in this fucking episode. Jesus Christ. THE DUDE IS A EUNUCH. THEY CUT OFF HIS BALLS. HE SHOULD HAVE NO SENSE OF SEXUAL DESIRE OR PLEASURE. Goddamn this scene pisses me off.

10) Arya's scene was okay, except for the weird throwaway line once the wolves left, as if she thinks Nymeria is going to come back to her. "That isn't you"? What? Yes, yes it is - Nym has a new pack now, and it doesn't include you.