Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    She looked a bit like Natalie Dormer when she was young.
    Totally a fox! Why o why do people have to get old..we need to cure aging, it's not fair!

Olenna Tyrell one of my fav characters... damn that RR.Martin is made out of pure ewul!..if he kills Tyrion too i'll probably quit the show..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You literally see his ship at the battle of Casterly Rock, they even zoom in on it.

As for the distance/time travelled thing, it's been an issue since Season 4 when Littlefinger was jetpacking around the Seven Kingdoms, i've just grown to ignore it at this point.
    Just because you saw a ship doesn't have to mean he had to be on it. In the book he doesn't do everything but hands out tasks to other people, like Victarion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Uh, okay? The two still aren't the same height, and these last few episodes doesn't show really that they are. I mean, he doesn't look tall, but he's not on her midget level.
    And I explained what I meant in second post
    It is from wiki but my point was more that they made them look the same height when they met. I wonder if it's on purpose to give us clue that they are related?

episode 4 script, https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...mianary_leaks/ that battle is pure hype, Cersei gets half her loot train in, the rest is baked/taken by Dany. Drogon gets hit but the balista bolt doesn't even pierce his hide lmao. and a large portion of the Lannister men get slaughtered, having to chose death by dragon fire or Dothraki some jump into the Blackwater rush even with armor on and we get to see them drowning at the bottom as Bronn and Jamie swim away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    He does have valid point actually, also Euron is more of an Admerial now. We know Euron uses magic anyway, he could have conjured up a storm or two to delay the unsullied, or have given himself favorable winds.
    That's the problem though. It would be super easy to either "hide" the travelling time better as they have done in the past (at least let events happen in subsequent episodes and not everything in one, that at least creates the illusion of some time passing) and it would also have been super easy to drop a "Unsullied got delayed by a storm/whatever" as a side-note in a conversation. The fact that they don't care about that is just lazy and a big difference compared to previous seasons.

Deleted
    Carice Van Houten and 'Game of Thrones' Fan Theories | ELLE

ELLE
    Aug 1, 2017

Carice Van Houten chats about absurd GOT fan theories.

older one with Danny
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt0NHxtvdWc

Danny thought she did the right thing by keeping Daario Naharis away but that guy knew war and how to win...in her small council there isn't even a single Ser knight...I know Tyrion is clever but he needed guys like Bronn around...this is what Danny needs, for Jorah to return n f00k up the lannisters properly..

Well, at least they didn't kill off Daario..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-08-01 at 07:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    episode 4 script, https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...mianary_leaks/ that battle is pure hype, Cersei gets half her loot train in, the rest is baked/taken by Dany. Drogon gets hit but the balista bolt doesn't even pierce his hide lmao. and a large portion of the Lannister men get slaughtered, having to chose death by dragon fire or Dothraki some jump into the Blackwater rush even with armor on and we get to see them drowning at the bottom as Bronn and Jamie swim away.
    Shouldn't have read that but I can't wait for this episode now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, @Serpha, Targaryen men and women aren't described as being the same in height or close. Look at Dany and her brother. He was a lot taller than her and he's full Targ.

Pic
    Bully...

They've been playing it fast and loose with the passage of the time on the series for a few seasons now. Varys "teleporting" all over the place is more than evidence of that alone. Which would normally be fine if they didn't show other events occurring at an almost linear pace. I mean, by now, the Wildlings have had to have been past the Wall for at least a year and more likely a couple of (and even more likely, several) years. Yet it's still completely unknown to most of Westeros as far as we've been shown despite their raven communications network which would (or at least should) have spread that type of news like wildfire.

They really need (or should have; it's too late now) to have done a better job with that. But so far, that's my only real criticism for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    You're wrong with your assessment. D&D didn't read the books. They got a rundown from the man who wrote them and went from there.
    Why the fuck would you think those two things are mutually exclusive?

Nevermind that the show is and always has been an adaptation of the series based on the books. Not that it really matters with the people whining like infants over the way the story is developing. Unless Martin had written it first, they would have been "hacks" no matter what they did. And, you know, nevermind that they actually do know what Martin had intended from the very start and that they're staying true to that as best they can with the constraints required on a television series. Hence why we haven't seen Lady Stoneheart, or Euron being a mage (or at least using magic), and so on and so forth, even when some of those things would help explain things a lot better (like how Euron was able to sneak attack Yara's fleet and make it from that sneak attack to King's Landing, have a parade, and still make it to Casterly Rock in time to take out Grey Worm's fleet which would have left Dragonstone at the same time Yara's did; only magic solves that problem alone).

Anyway, does anyone have any running theories on who the mole is in Dany's inner circle? Since divination magic hasn't even been remotely hinted at, they have to have an informant somewhere in their ranks. We can easily scratch off the vast majority of her people, pretty much just leaving Yara (nope), Reek (nope), Tirion (nope), and Varys as possibilities. And of those, as you might have guessed from my nopes, only Varys seems a possibility, especially given his little speech about how "we're all lions" in the first episode of the season. Why he would be helping Cersei, though, is a complete mystery given all his other motivations. I mean, he clearly recognizes that Dany is the best bet for a stable Westeros, and he's lost most if not all of his spy network, his reputation, and his position to Qyburn with Cersei's blessing. So why would he do it?

I just can't figure it out. And if it's not Varys, who else could it possibly be?

Also, after watching Hodor's death scene again, I realized that we probably haven't seen the last of him considering how he died. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    That's the problem though. It would be super easy to either "hide" the travelling time better as they have done in the past (at least let events happen in subsequent episodes and not everything in one, that at least creates the illusion of some time passing) and it would also have been super easy to drop a "Unsullied got delayed by a storm/whatever" as a side-note in a conversation. The fact that they don't care about that is just lazy and a big difference compared to previous seasons.
    Having greyworm state "we got delayed by a storm" takes away from Tyrion's narration, hell he could have been set off course from the same one from the start of episode 2. It's not really lazy, we know Euron has magic, you just have to pay attention. He has the same magically youthful appearance he does in the books, and their always seems to be a convenient storm around when he needs it, remember his "I am the storm" line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Shouldn't have read that but I can't wait for this episode now.
    You know nothing Jon Stark, episode will mainly focus on Hot Pie making claim to the throne riding on Nymeria and her super pack, they eat the mountain whole and bite Cersei's foot off!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    granted season 8 is only gonna have 8 or so episodes.
    Those episodes are also over 70 minutes each, which is damn near a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Just because you saw a ship doesn't have to mean he had to be on it. In the book he doesn't do everything but hands out tasks to other people, like Victarion.
    Yeah no. He wants to impress Cersei. She told him he gets what he wants after the war is won. He's gonna do everything to win it. He wants the Queens pussy. Im sure he was on the ship. No point showing it if he wasnt, the Greyjoys marks were enough to guess whos fleet it was. They showed his ship, and it made a special enterence between all of them, just the way Euron acts. A showman.

Deleted
    I wonder how Arya will react to seeing LF again n if he recognized her in his meeting with Tywin..

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Wonder if all those scrolls and books and such that Sam has to rewrite are about White walkers?
    It's pretty clear that that was his "reward" more than his "punishment." The Archmaeaster not only believed his story about the wights, but also discovered that he's got mad skillz. And while he preaches that they're all about watching, not doing, he clearly realizes that's not where Sam's destiny lies and is doing what he can to help him now without risking his position at the Citadel.

Those old books and scrolls are almost assuredly texts that no one else at the Citadel puts much stock into, hence why they were allowed to get into that condition in the first place. So they're undoubtedly filled with the Good Stuff (tm) in regards to the wights and related myths and legends. There's practically no chance that they're not.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how Arya will react to seeing LF again n if he recognized her in his meeting with Tywin..
    His number is up in the next episode. There's just no way it isn't.

First, Bran knows full well that he betrayed their father, and once that becomes know there's no way Sansa can let him live without losing her position at Winterfell amongst the other lords. And even if she did, Arya will have arrived at Winterfell and she sure as shit won't let him live. Considering that the previews have also shown him in possession of the dagger he gave the assassin he sent to murder Bran, that someone with Littlefinger's same fashion sense is wielding that dagger in the same preview, and that promotional shots have shown the same dagger tucked into Arya's belt, and the aforementioned preview of what looked to Brienne decapitating someone... yeah, his chances of survival are just about nil.

If anything, he'll only continue to be on the show as one of Arya's masks, which means they might not actually lose the Vale's support depending on how his death actually goes down.

I forgot about this little moment until reading an article this week:

Assuming the showrunners haven't forgotten about this thread (and Melisandre talking about coming back to Westeros one last time - to die suggests they haven't), then Arya will at some point assassinate her. Or have some hand in her demise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    His number is up in the next episode. There's just no way it isn't.

First, Bran knows full well that he betrayed their father, and once that becomes know there's no way Sansa can let him live without losing her position at Winterfell amongst the other lords. And even if she did, Arya will have arrived at Winterfell and she sure as shit won't let him live. Considering that the previews have also shown him in possession of the dagger he gave the assassin he sent to murder Bran, that someone with Littlefinger's same fashion sense is wielding that dagger in the same preview, and that promotional shots have shown the same dagger tucked into Arya's belt, and the aforementioned preview of what looked to Brienne decapitating someone... yeah, his chances of survival are just about nil.

If anything, he'll only continue to be on the show as one of Arya's masks, which means they might not actually lose the Vale's support depending on how his death actually goes down.
    Bran won't know unless he specifically decides to focus on LF, which he won't do as he'll dismiss him as some random noble dude hanging around Winterfell.

- - - Updated - - -

I was just now watching Best of the Hound n came to his duel with Dondarrion n his flaming sword. He does that again in this season trailer, that is "useful" I thought against wights since dragonglass only works on white walkers n not the zombie horde? Would ruin a lot of swords vs the undead horde but need not many battles to decide the fate of mankind.. Jon's army should all have flaming swords, at least some to maybe drive a wedge through them towards the night king? Difficult to get near night king without dragons n zombies fear fire.

Bran won't know...
    Bran does know.

.... Sansa discovers she's preggo with Ramsay's Trueborn son and they become Cersei and Joffrey 2.0.
    Fixed that for you. I know your kidding but its been months since she has escaped. If that was going to happen we would know by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Bran does know.
    Bran doesn't know everything, he has to specifically look into things, at least for now. Next week he finds out he gets pushed from the tower iirc in episode 4. Sam tells him Jon is a true born Targaryen Bran is like Wut and Sam is like go look for yourself, so he does and goes back and sees R+L's wedding and Jon's conception.

10+ Year Old Account
    But would Bran even care at this point? He's got this first time shrooms I'm transcended and your mortal problems mean nothing to me anymore vibe going on now

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    But would Bran even care at this point? He's got this first time shrooms I'm transcended and your mortal problems mean nothing to me anymore vibe going on now
    He has it the rest of the season, basically says fuck the starks and makes Meera leave for good, He only cares about Jon because him having Targarian blood makes him a good candidate for a dragon rider, needed against the undead.