Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Movie] Deadpool and Wolverine

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...marvel-studios
    With Deadpool being in the MCU since October, the third film will be his first integration and introduction into the MCU. Will it lose it's R rating?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    With Deadpool being in the MCU since October, the third film will be his first integration and introduction into the MCU. Will it lose it's R rating?
    I think what they did for the second movie was best. Kept it R rated for the fans and brought out a PG version for the kiddies using a unique concept featuring the one and only Fred Savage

I think Bob Iger said they'd keep it rated R for his own movies.

Im pretty sure they stated somewhere that it was going to stay as an R rating. With Joker showing it doesn't matter for box office take, I suspect they won't mess with the formula

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I think Bob Iger said they'd keep it rated R for his own movies.
    It’s a good move as that’s also what RR wants, and you can’t make Deadpool without him. the first two films have collectively made over 1.5 billion at the box office; Disney would be stupid to turn down that money just because it’s not kid friendly. Would be interesting to see if they kept Colossus, NSTW and Domino for future films, or whether they go a Spider-Man/Deadpool movie

Despite what they say, I wouldn't bet on keeping that "R" rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Despite what they say, I wouldn't bet on keeping that "R" rating.
    Why not? They are making an R rated Dr. Strange movie, why not Deadpool?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It’s a good move as that’s also what RR wants, and you can’t make Deadpool without him. the first two films have collectively made over 1.5 billion at the box office; Disney would be stupid to turn down that money just because it’s not kid friendly. Would be interesting to see if they kept Colossus, NSTW and Domino for future films, or whether they go a Spider-Man/Deadpool movie
    Film studios have memory of a goldfish. They might be pushing for PG12 just because they think it will bring more money.

Deadpool is already PG-13, whatchu talkin' bout?

(And I have no idea how they'd proceed after the ridiculous Deadpool 2 after-credits scene, but it would have to make fun of Endgame's "time heist.")

(Also goddamn I hope we see Domino again she was great in DP2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    No MCU Movie Is Safe From Deadpool 3 Insults.

https://screenrant.com/deadpool-3-mc...sults-details/
    BY GRANT HERMANNS - 4 HOURS AGO

With the Merc with a Mouth finally crossing over, the writers of Deadpool 3 say no Marvel Cinematic Universe movie is safe from his insults. Ryan Reynolds first brought the iconic hero to life in Fox's X-Men franchise with the poorly received Origins: Wolverine before getting another shot at the role with 2016's Deadpool. The solo film scored widespread acclaim from critics and audiences alike, helping earn it a sequel with 2018's Deadpool 2, which was similarly well-received and a box office hit.

Thanks to this continued success, Reynolds and his producing partners have been long at work on a Deadpool 3 movie, first beginning at Fox before Disney acquired 21st Century Fox and the X-Men franchise was brought to a close. The film would get a new lease on life as Reynolds began working with Marvel Studios to incorporate the character into the MCU for the threequel, finally gaining some steam earlier this year as Free Guy and The Adam Project's Shawn Levy signed on to direct. Deadpool 3 is also bringing back original writing duo Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and they're offering exciting insight for what's to come from the film.

While appearing on The Post-Credit Podcast, writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick offered a tease of what to expect from Deadpool 3. In looking at the character making his way to the House of Mouse, the duo confirmed no MCU movie would be safe from Deadpool's insults in the upcoming threequel. See what the two shared below:

"How many movies have they given us? 25? 26? 28? Something like that. We have a treasure trove of things to poke fun at now… and Deadpool’s an equal [opportunist] so everyone’s fair game. I do think we do obviously sit in our head and imagine Deadpool having a conversation with character 'X,' character 'Y,' character 'C,' because right there, you just go, 'Is that funny or isn't it?' And the answer is very often, 'Yes.'"

In the comics, Deadpool is well-known for his frequent fourth-wall breaks and poking fun at the fellow superheroes in his world, namely X-Man Wolverine. The Deadpool films thus far have seen him continue his self-aware mockery of those around him, including the lack of any major X-Men stars appearing and accusing the studio of not throwing them a bone as well as Logan trying to one-up his movies with both its R-rating and the death of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. Given this penchant, many have understandably assumed Deadpool 3 would see insults directed at the MCU to some capacity, and Reese and Wernick's tease is sure to keep audiences excited about what will fall under its sights.

Reese and Wernick's comments that no MCU movie is safe from Deadpool 3's insults also continues the promising signs from those behind the threequel that it will retain everything audiences loved about the original two movies. Both the writing duo and Reynolds have promised that the movie will not be "Disneyfied" and will keep the R-rated sense of humor the character is best known for. While audiences await further details on the film, they can revisit the first two Deadpool movies streaming on Fubo now.

1+ Year Old Account
    Why do people doubt an R rating? Because it's Disney? They've made a lot of R rated movies (albeit usually under their Touchstone and Miramax titles), including Pulp Fiction and Trainspotting, and there's a ton of them on Disney+ as well. Deadpool is also famous for proving that R rated superhero movies rake in money, having done so before even before Joker, which only reinforced it. The MCU movies have also proven that they like going after different genres rather than them all being identical (despite "fans" claiming otherwise).

There's no real reason to assume it won't be R rated. If anything, everything suggests it will and it will require hard evidence to disprove that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    Why do people doubt an R rating? Because it's Disney? They've made a lot of R rated movies (albeit usually under their Touchstone and Miramax titles), including Pulp Fiction and Trainspotting, and there's a ton of them on Disney+ as well. Deadpool is also famous for proving that R rated superhero movies rake in money, having done so before even before Joker, which only reinforced it. The MCU movies have also proven that they like going after different genres rather than them all being identical (despite "fans" claiming otherwise).

There's no real reason to assume it won't be R rated. If anything, everything suggests it will and it will require hard evidence to disprove that.
    I agree. Above all else, money is the driving factor and both Deadpool movies made over 780 million at the box office and were successes. if they include a character or two from the MCU in there then that will drive that number up.

5+ Year Old Account
    I read deadpool will first appear in avengers kang (something, revenge? strikes back?)

If it stays R it will be a soft R, like Logan. Not a hard R like Deadpool. Deadpool 1 was intensely violent, language was absolute filth, doing drugs and talking about drugs positively, blind jokes, full-frontal and an entire montage scene of sex positions. Even Deadpool 2 was toned down a lot. I rewatch Deadpool 1 recently and was kind of amazed Disney+ hosts it, has to be among the filthiest movies ever made.

5+ Year Old Account
    Deadpool Update

Ryan Reynolds
    Sep 27, 2022

Well he did it.
    He brought him back
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    Well he did it.
    He brought him back
    I wonder if this means Jackman will play Wolverine in future films or if this is the only one. If the latter then you can expect a rather hilarious death scene

5+ Year Old Account
    mebby marvel doesn't consider what happened with fox films, canon, so he ain't dead

MY bet is Wolverine will be there when Deadpool gets sucked into a portal or whatnot that brings him into the MCU. I'm keeping my hopes for anything more than a cameo contained.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    mebby marvel doesn't consider what happened with fox films, canon, so he ain't dead
    Like Sony's Spider-Man films...the Fox films will be canon...to that universe.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.