Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Missed that.

That's pretty good to end on too.
    The song you posted definitely sounds like a credits song about half way through. I think the song I linked was released later as to not spoil the unsullied about the final ToJ sequence

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    At that range, you don't need to be zig-zagging at some insane angles or something. Basically just any breaking of the straight line between him and Ramsay would have been sufficient.
    But Rickon has an enlarged hitbox against Ramsey's arrows. I don't think it'd matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    ummm, what? o.0

Also, with the rickon zig-zag thing, while truth, I think Ramsay could have put that arrow up his literal asshole at anytime at will .
    He didnt need to zig zag, just hide behind one of the burning flayed men

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Well said, on top of that the actress gave her a shot of milk of the poppy that knocked her out in 10 seconds the night before, I think it's totally plausible she was still feeling it's pain numbing effects the next day.
    No, wha'ts plausible is that she'd have died there because the wounds would reopen.

Game of Thrones has changed and to the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Let's say he did zig zag. He would still have died cause the point of Ramsays entire show of missing on purpose and taking his time was to show that he is a damn good archer. The guy hunts people. We forgot already?

He would release people into the woods and let his hounds hunt them and he would shoot them with arrows. It's his favorite hobby. In the open, Rikon didn't have a chance. Ramsay has seen it all already and he is pretty much a PHD at shooting people who are running for their lives.
    Rickon didn't have a chance because the plot required it. All he needed to do was look back and change direction the moment arrow was released.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

Rickon didn't have a chance because the plot required it. All he needed to do was look back and change direction the moment arrow was released.
    Arya doing rolls and sliding down stairs after having multiple stab wounds is fine but Rickon running from an army not looking back every shot of an arrow zig zagging a 100mph+ bolt isnt?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Arya doing rolls and sliding down stairs after having multiple stab wounds is fine but Rickon running from an army not looking back every shot of an arrow zig zagging a 100mph+ bolt isnt?

I know you didnt mention arya, but seems like a weird thing to get caught up on to me when this season has had far worse
    One bad thing doesn't excuse another. I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at atm.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

One bad thing doesn't excuse another. I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at atm.
    This season has had multiple lapses in judgements and we're still in fall out control from last seasons horror show seems weird to caught up on one issue like a small boy not being able to dodge arrows.

No, wha'ts plausible is that she'd have died there because the wounds would reopen.

Game of Thrones has changed and to the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes of course to point one. Also, as I said we have already established that hunting people with a bow is a pastime for Ramsay. It would be silly if he missed a shot in the open, with range markers , after he has successfully hunted many others.

As for 2 ,how would Rikon know when to look back?

Think on this. He would have to run for his life, and still have the awareness to turn at the right moment, catch the arrows flight, and adjust. Even if he did hear the arrows being loosed, surely he wouldn't be able to hear after he gained some distance, over his heavy breathing, and his brothers horse galloping at him.

It would look downright silly if he zig zagged and lived. If it was that easy then Ramsay would have been experienced enough to choose another gimmick.

It's not as fast as a gun, but it's the same concept. How many people have successfully matrixed their way out of being shot? Shot by an experienced shooter who has a few bodies under their belt no less.

- - - Updated - - -

My take on that is precedence.

We established that wounds of Aryas nature are often fatal and somehow she says fuck it and carpours her way to victory.
    And we established that Ramsay is good with a bow and hunts humans for fun. Yet Rikon should have been able to outmaneuver him?

Yes of course to point one. Also, as I said we have already established that hunting people with a bow is a pastime for Ramsay. It would be silly if he missed a shot in the open, with range markers , after he has successfully hunted many others.

As for 2 ,how would Rikon know when to look back?

Think on this. He would have to run for his life, and still have the awareness to turn at the right moment, catch the arrows flight, and adjust. Even if he did hear the arrows being loosed, surely he wouldn't be able to hear after he gained some distance, over his heavy breathing, and his brothers horse galloping at him.

It would look downright silly if he zig zagged and lived. If it was that easy then Ramsay would have been experienced enough to choose another gimmick.

It's not as fast as a gun, but it's the same concept. How many people have successfully matrixed their way out of being shot? Shot by an experienced shooter who has a few bodies under their belt no less.
    I don't know about you but I'm well capable of running on even plain field while looking back. And if I was fearing for death of something behind I'd most definately do so.

And your example of precedence is not comparable at all neither in situation or context.

In an unexpected turn of events I just found out that the Waif was actually trained by the swiss army: http://www.vtg.admin.ch/internet/vtg...tze/peace.html

Zig-zaging is overrated. It's a pattern, a pattern one can figure out and adjust to. I've yet to see a person do zig-zags in a random pattern. It's always left, right, left, right or right, left, right, left. One just have to wait a bit to see how it goes and loose an arrow at the right moment. Sheesh.

Zig-zags are really only useful at short ranges, where each move breaks the aim significantly. At longer ranges, not so much.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2019 - that's two-zero-one-nine, as in the 21st Century - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies.

I want Sansa to die.

Stupid fucking cunt caused the needless deaths of thousands on people.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously I want her to end existing.

I've never been this fucking mad at a fictional character before.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Zig-zaging is overrated. It's a pattern, a pattern one can figure out and adjust to. I've yet to see a person do zig-zags in a random pattern. It's always left, right, left, right or right, left, right, left. One just have to wait a bit to see how it goes and loose an arrow at the right moment. Sheesh.

Zig-zags are really only useful at short ranges, where each move breaks the aim significantly. At longer ranges, not so much.
    Pretty much. And good luck keeping a sound mind that can keep track and make things random. Otherwise you will fall into a pattern.

Ramsay gave 0 fucks that scene. He missed on purpose each time and knew he could kill him at will. He waited until just before Jon reached him to do it.

Rikon could have rolled, done flips , zig zagged and even doubled back , it wouldn't have made any difference. You are co paring a scared kid running for his life, to a grown man who hunts people for fun. Sansa knew the deal. Rikon was dead the moment they presented him to Ramsay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I want Sansa to die.

Stupid fucking cunt caused the needless deaths of thousands on people.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously I want her to end existing.

I've never been this fucking mad at a fictional character before.
    I hated her too at first, but she has grown into a decent character.

But yea, not telling Jon she had called for assistance and was waiting on the word was stupid as shit. You don't do that. Not if you want to live and keep allies.

If Jon was smart (Starks are not too bright) he'd remember that stunt and keep an eye on her ass.

I hated her too at first, but she has grown into a decent character.

But yea, not telling Jon she had called for assistance and was waiting on the word was stupid as shit. You don't do that. Not if you want to live and keep allies.

If Jon was smart (Starks are not too bright) he'd remember that stunt and keep an eye on her ass.
    Bitch should be locked in a tower where she can't stupid her way into killing more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Bitch should be locked in a tower where she can't stupid her way into killing more people.
    Ramsay had the right idea I see.

I mean, he was evil as shit, but no one can say he wasn't smart.

*Goes to look at the thread*

Whelp. Same people. Same bitching.

Deleted
    I mean, this general concensus about zig zaging implies that Ramsey's a lousy shooter. He shot 4 arrows, first 3 of them with intention to miss, to give Jon a false hope that he could save Rickon, only to take it away with the last arrow. FWIW, Ramsay had what? hundreds, maybe thousand of archers standing there, he could've just rain all those arrows all over Rickon, should he had made it to Jon. Sansa got it right, Rickon was dead from the get-go.

All well and good arguing 'logic' but if you had been imprisoned by a monster for months, and you had a hope at freedom, I doubt you would be thinking entirely clear. Even more so that he's a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz View Post
    I mean, this general concensus about zig zaging implies that Ramsey's a lousy shooter. He shot 4 arrows, first 3 of them with intention to miss, to give Jon a false hope that he could save Rickon, only to take it away with the last arrow. FWIW, Ramsay had what? hundreds, maybe thousand of archers standing there, he could've just rain all those arrows all over Rickon, should he had made it to Jon. Sansa got it right, Rickon was dead from the get-go.
    I don't understand what you're trying to go at here. Obviously Rickon was dead, that was not the point of contest here. The point was that under no circumstances had Rickon had a shred of sense he'd be singled out by Ramsay especially after that distance had he simply adjusted his run directions randomly and actually looked back when arrow was released.

In before another "but he'd have to look back!" well duh, normal people don't stumble about even if they look back while running over plain field.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    All well and good arguing 'logic' but if you had been imprisoned by a monster for months, and you had a hope at freedom, I doubt you would be thinking entirely clear. Even more so that he's a child.
    He was clearly in his full senses, his whole posture and expression were clear from get-go. There was also no signs of mistreatment on him.

So much interest for zig zag wow! Rickon was a numb captive for much time and 12 years(?) old. If Ramsey failed to hit him and he was about to go out of range he would order a volley shot. Script choice was dramatic and justified more John's mind flipping.