Cool episode, terrible storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    I loved the dothraki charge and subsequent lights out. Really set the tone for the rest of the battle.
    Sure, but it's totally stupid. Have these people never played Total War? Light cavalry is for charging the enemy's flanks, not riding them into the thick of things without support where they inevitably get overwhelmed.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2019-04-29 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    if they're so strong, how did arya push past them and the wights after they closed the ring formation?
    so far the jumping from a tree just outside of view makes more sense then any of your childish attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It was a calm moment. The Undead were in Sleep Mode while The NK made his way up to Bran.

And, obviously they didn't show her preparing to do it because that would have ruined the moment of her actually doing it.
    Something something sunday morning cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's just the name of the first book though.
    Ok, didnt know that. But the NK is defeated, he is not a threath any longer. So we are left with Jon/dany drama and the fight against Cercei.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    "Hurr how do white walker not catch Arya at full sprint"

So fast, so agile.
    I mean, the dude straight up dodge every strike thrown at him save for the last one because he's taken by surprise with the block...You're not helping your case. The fact that he's not running when Jon is on the ground doesn't mean shit except that he just doesn't care if he kills him or not, imo (bad guy trope in every movie/serie ever)
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2019-04-29 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I love the bit about Arya jumping down from a tree. If that is indeed what happened, that puts to rest quite a lot of the whining here.
    She didnt, she can be seen clearly jumping from the ground.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Yeah it's not like he's been around for thousands of years and everyone's been shit scared of him, and if it's so easy then why didn't they just send an assassin years ago to get him? Defo 10/10 writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Whining =/= wanting the show to be not full of lazy writing that idiots like.
    Storywise this episode did very little, only ended the NK in a way to easy fashion. Wish it had more depth to it.

This reminds me of how the mass effect series was. A great epic scifi saga with amazing story along the way, were a big dark enemy would destory everything in theyre path and for the longest time it never seemed any stopping of them. Then the ending came along in ME3.. I was pissed off for years. might happen with this show to, the directors end up taking shortcuts just to end it all and rely more of huge battles to satisfy the viewers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I watched live on HBO and the video quality was the worst I have ever seen on my x900. I couldn't see much at all and the entire screen was shifting blocks of pixels. Completely ruined it for me.
    Same thing on mine. Told my spouse we need a new tv. It's because it was so dark and the color pallet for a lot of tv's and computers don't have enough variations of black. You need something like an IPS monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Something something sunday morning cartoon.
    also, "sleep-mode" lol are these people high and confusing their phones with the undead?
    arya's last-minute stealth fail in the library showed us the extent of their connection, if one sees you the NK knows, if the NK knows where you are they all do.

there is no "sleep-mode" they're being ordered to standstill constantly and intently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA

Eight seasons

Eight seasons of they are coming

And this is the end result

My fucking sides I thought we'd not dip down to Dorne levels of terrible but here we are. My fucking sides. Jesus fucking Christ. Holy Lord and Mother Mary.

SWOOOOSH ARYA SHAKAKAAAA

Oh my fucking god. I can't figure out almoust single bit that wasn't fucking cringe in this episode. Fucking 8 seasons for this.
    Pretty much how I felt tbh. If the show doesn't redeem itself in the remaining episodes (and it's hard to see how it can at this point) I'm just gonna pretend Game of Thrones never existed.

And whats the deal with Bran? Is he just a living storybook that knows everything in human history? He is literally a living thing that knows everything that has and will happen. Does he even serve any purpose at all beyond that?

Hmm not sure what to make with most of the comments made here, perhaps I just had a different view.

In regards to the NK and all of them dying this episode, I just saw it fitting considering I always saw it as Ice V Fire, rather than Life V Death. With Berric Dondarrion and Mellisandre being the main repping Fire and the NK repping the Ice. So when the NK was defeated, and then Mellisandre walking out and phading away, the story of Ice V Fire coming to an end. I quite liked how they had Dondarrion give up his life, and the line in regards to him finally doing what he needed to do.

I loved the cinematography within the episode, it was phenomenal. Especially the sky shots with the dragons and views on the army.

I really like they used small situations to give the audience an idea of just how grand and daunting the battle actually was, the start with the dothraki getting hyped when their swords get lit, and they charge. and being able to view the fires slowly dwindle out from the view of the rest of the Army was great.

The part with the NK from the moment he falls to the ground and his walk to Bran was really really great and then followed up with Jons movement towards the Godswood, and his choices to to not help Sam but to instead go for the NK.

The redemption stories were nice, Theon and Jorah had fantastic moments when the died and the lead up, and i felt liek the were done perfectly without going to far.

My only real gripes were the viewing at times was really really dark and difficult to see, but that could just be me.

And if they wanted the guys to survive, I would rather of have them locked in a room retreating somewhere, rather than seeing 7 Wites at Jamies necks and somehow with 1 hand he manages to survive. I just think they could have executed their survival better.

Finally man 1 think you have to give them credit for which you don't always see in war, is the fatigue of war. Moving around, swinging a sword around etc and the mental endurance required, I really love they show the fatigue all the characters are going through. Sam, Jon against the Dragon etc.

I do not believe the NK story will continue, 3 episodes left, it's just not reasonable to expect they will bring it back or end the show on some sort of NK return another 1000 years from now etc. And I loved the way the show portrayed the NK. no lines but his scenes i felt like they portrayed him as if the audience understood exactly what he was saying. esp his scene at Hardholme, when he withstands Daenys fire attack, ressing the dead infront of Jon at winterfell and his moment at the Godswood with Bran. I felt he showed Theon great respect too when he killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Same thing on mine. Told my spouse we need a new tv. It's because it was so dark and the color pallet for a lot of tv's and computers don't have enough variations of black. You need something like an IPS monitor.
    once again, PC master-race, didn't have any of that but it was dark as shit still, i liked that but i wish there was more of a pitched battle with the dothraki and unsullied backed by archers and artillery.
    the "lights going out" scene was still cool if stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It was a calm moment. The Undead were in Sleep Mode while The NK made his way up to Bran.

And, obviously they didn't show her preparing to do it because that would have ruined the moment of her actually doing it.
    A "calm" moment. It's in the middle of a battle. Are the undead in sleep mode because the NK and WWs are not controlling them anymore? If so - why not? Why pause so much? If it's just a plain evil entity with the sole purpose of eliminating all life, why all the theatrics?

It's just a surprise for the sake of having a surprise, with little substance behind it. Entertaining in the moment, but leaves a sour taste after watching.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Pretty much how I felt tbh. If the show doesn't redeem itself in the remaining episodes (and it's hard to see how it can at this point) I'm just gonna pretend Game of Thrones never existed.
    You just gotta hope GRRM doesn't pull the same thing in his books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What if Cersei wins....?
    After last night I think Danny is going get the throne any everything will be happy ever after. I have no faith in the show runners taking any risks after all those named characters just walked away from the battle.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    And whats the deal with Bran? Is he just a living storybook that knows everything in human history? He is literally a living thing that knows everything that has and will happen. Does he even serve any purpose at all beyond that?
    No, he doesnt. Leaving the Arya talk at the door. What they did with the NK,3ER,CotF lore was a fucking joke. Bran is Wiki and NK thinks people need to read more books.

Frankly though they shit the bed on lore in GoT so they can feed it to us in the prequel series.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That’s false. WW aren’t classic zombies and have often been portrayed as quick and at least somewhat nimble. It’s funny how quick you abandoned the “he told them no attack” bullshit though.
    I never abandoned it, I refuted the idea that they could have caught her because even if they weren't ordered to not attack they still aren't fast enough to catch her.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I never said caught, I said attacked... Please don't put words in my mouth.
    Which is the same thing, or do they not say "he caught one" when someone gets hit where you're from?
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.