Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I just saw the promo for episode 5. Euron looks to the sky rather shocked/surprised. It can be the only remaining dragon dany has, cause he knows about that one. What can it be?
    Drogon is probably wearing armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Of course it's rushed. They basically spent three episodes on the apocalyptic war against the not-Lich King, and now have to wrap up, well, literally every other loose end in three more. So character conflicts and drama are going to get fast-tracked in the name of finishing this thing already. Just like Rheagal's death, the destruction of Dany's fleet, and Missandrei's capture happened in, what, five minutes of completely implausible sneak attacks.
    yeah... In previous seasons all of this would be much more paced out. Dont get me wrong, im not opposed to crazy and cool stuff happening, but in this show it usually had more depth to it than "oh the fleet is here", there the dragon died with 3 sick aimed shots all the while Dany just fleeing doing nada nothing against ships with sails that cant turn quickly.

One dragon died out of OH SHIT factor. The other that dany were riding survived 10+ shots NP.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    A dragon with armor on maybe? Seeing as the TV dragons are apparently made of glass, unlike the nearly unkillable book dragons.
    Armor has never stopped anything stronger then a 10 year old girl in this show, and that stopped working when she grew up. Also those Arbalests go through one side of a ship and out the other, so I don't know how you can hang enough armor on a dragon to stop that and still fly.

Honestly my guess is that he is looking for a signal from the red keep or something. Those promos are usually deliberately out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Bran just before the battle: Sam, Jon must know about his parentage RIGHT NOW

Bran after the battle: Meh, tell people or not Jon, it's up to you I guess
    To be fair he said JON needed to know, not everyone else.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Medium heats after cooling down a bit:

Jon is an idiot. His is love drunk and doesn't understand why people don't like Dany, Dany is being a manipulative piece of shit that others only to tolerate because they like Jon. Everyone else is like, 'bro we had a good thing planned out but then you bring those asshole in and we' re supposed to just trust her?'

The Wildings were smart for getting the hell out of Winterfell. Fuck the politics of the south. Props to Red Bro, I can never spell his name, for cutting his losses with Brienne and peacing out. Rejection on TV shows is always done in the stupidest was, they got this one right.

Speaking of which, poor Brienne but I think that side story was written very well even if she didn't win. A noble but naive knight who was saving herself for her own knight and shining armor. Her love interest was a snake by every measure and never really hid it,but she believed he would change. Meanwhile she had someone who was drooling all over her. She finally gets her time with her crush he and he ends up being the guy he has always been. It's a tragic story but a good theatrical flaw in an otherwise steel character.

People are hating on Bronn but Bronn was speaking nothing but facts. They also seem to forget that Bronn is a sell sword, it's in his own best interest to look out for Bronn. But again, everything he said was write. The nobles got their positions by stepping on the backs and backstabbing those who were loyal to them. They feign honor to remain in power while the everyman is supposed to just fall in line. Even with all that power and money they have, that's not enough. They play stupid games and fuck it up, with the everyman losing the most or fixing their mess. Bronn owes the Lannisters nothing. They would surely have him die for them and barely remember his name.

Tired of people hating on my girl Sansa. I'm saying that as someone who who hated Sansa and still blame her for being the catalyst of all the bad stuff the Starks went through during the first half of the series. She has paid for it and learned from it. Her actions have been nothing short of loyalty and for the better of the North since she has returned and she isn't having anyone else's bullshit. She rightfully doesn't trust Dany because Dany is a snake who is manipulating her brother. She rightfully told on Jon. If anything he is betraying the confidence of those who would otherwise die for him. She is also worried he will get himself killed.

Dany is as tactically stupid and self-serving as ever. Can't be mad if she is in character. Dany gets people killed, that's what she does. If she was a smart leader she would have at least stayed in Esso longer before starting her Westeros campaign. She is mad with power and the drive to aquire more. Dany has gotten so many not invested in Westeros killed that she should be tried for crimes against humanity with Essos as the plaintiff.

Tyrion was out of character for me. Tyrion is loyal to Dany, as he has always been loyal to his bosses but not without reason. He clearly sees that Dany will be bad for a lot of people but still sides with her.

Varys on the other hand, was speaking nothing but facts. I never cared for him always respected what sd described motives. He sees that Dany could be bad for the people he tries to champion while dealing with the politics of the realm. Dany is a threat to his birds and he isn't going to have it.

Euron is a time hoping scoundrel who is able to reach into a pocket dimension. Once you accept it he is alright. Also Brans real power is getting screen time, respect his hustle.

Cersei is one of the few people still in character, and it's good even if I can't wait till she dies. Her letting Dany live wasn't out of character either. Cersei always wants her opponents to know that innocents (Missandei) will die if they want to get to her. Then she let Dany live so Dany can live with the consequences, Cersei also no longer sees Dany as a threat or Dany would be dead. Cersei is petty, killing them would too good for them in her book.

That's about all I have to say now.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    The archers on the wall are Tarly men, why do they follow Cersei? Normally they would return to the reach to find out who is their new lord. Why did Sam stay in Winterfell? He is the heir n he has the sword. The night's watch is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Armor has never stopped anything stronger then a 10 year old girl in this show, and that stopped working when she grew up. Also those Arbalests go through one side of a ship and out the other, so I don't know how you can hang enough armor on a dragon to stop that and still fly.

Honestly my guess is that he is looking for a signal from the red keep or something. Those promos are usually deliberately out of context.
    But right before we see some clear light behind the skies and Euron looking at that. Are we in for some real surprise in the next episode?

Honestly, in what way are Dany/Jon/the north going to win this? The dragons apparently arent that big of a deal, they are easily enough to bring down. Is the prince of dorn coming with a huge army? Something else?

Cercei got this under full control and theres something extra needed to beat her. Either Tyrion, Jaime or Arya kills her. OR she survives it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Bran just before the battle: Sam, Jon must know about his parentage RIGHT NOW

Bran after the battle: Meh, tell people or not Jon, it's up to you I guess
    Bran has no reason to care about Westeros politics. Surprised he didn't leave with the Free Folk.

10+ Year Old Account
    But right before we see some clear light behind the skies and Euron looking at that. Are we in for some real surprise in the next episode?

Honestly, in what way are Dany/Jon/the north going to win this? The dragons apparently arent that big of a deal, they are easily enough to bring down. Is the prince of dorn coming with a huge army? Something else?

Cercei got this under full control and theres something extra needed to beat her. Either Tyrion, Jaime or Arya kills her. OR she survives it all.
    Well we knew that was going to happen. You can't have the final battle with the "Good Guys" having all the advantages. And every single battle in this series has always been decided with a Deus Ex Machina, so yes, there will be something like that.

Euron is probably looking at a Starbucks cup.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Bran has no reason to care about Westeros politics. Surprised he didn't leave with the Free Folk.
    Apparently he's going to be king of the seven kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Well we knew that was going to happen. You can't have the final battle with the "Good Guys" having all the advantages. And every single battle in this series has always been decided with a Deus Ex Machina, so yes, there will be something like that.

Euron is probably looking at a Starbucks cup.
    My theory is that the god of light finally BRINGS DOWN THE PRINCE THAT WAS PROMISED AND HE WILL CRUSH EVERYONE.

Then the watch has ended.

10+ Year Old Account

Hey! Stop lumping the North together with Jon and Dany. We don't want no part of that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Apparently he's going to be king of the seven kingdoms
    Before or after he turns into the NK and travels back in time in his most favorite wheel chain in all history?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    My theory is that the god of light finally BRINGS DOWN THE PRINCE THAT WAS PROMISED AND HE WILL CRUSH EVERYONE.

Then the watch has ended.
    Hmm, that makes sense. About time the Deus Ex Machina was a literal god. Maybe the Stallion that Mounts the World will just show up and start humping Westeros. Euron sees a giant horse about to violate a mountain.

yeah... In previous seasons all of this would be much more paced out. Dont get me wrong, im not opposed to crazy and cool stuff happening, but in this show it usually had more depth to it than "oh the fleet is here", there the dragon died with 3 sick aimed shots all the while Dany just fleeing doing nada nothing against ships with sails that cant turn quickly.

One dragon died out of OH SHIT factor. The other that dany were riding survived 10+ shots NP.
    "Oh the fleet is there" is the story of the Iron Fleet's life. Euron came to the Islands and just demanded a fleet of a thousand ships and he has it a few episodes later despite the Ironborn just losing the North and any access to the absurd quantities of lumber required to build such a fleet, to say nothing of the time it would need to actually construct them. In one episode the fleet is off the coast of King's Landing and then literally on the other side of Westeros off the coast of Casterly Rock later on. Now it's able to hide from flying creatures and snipe a moving (if wounded) dragon as if using a railgun instead of a super inaccurate bolt fired by some dude eyeballing it.

Things now happen because the plot wants them to happen, rather than events logically flowing from previous events. The show still has great actors, impressive setpieces, good music and some good ideas from time to time, but the narrative qualities that made its fame have taken a massive nosedive. At this point I just want this to be over, I lost interest in most of the story when they just killed the Night King as if he were some minor obstacle. Shame because the first thirty minutes of the episode were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hey! Stop lumping the North together with Jon and Dany. We don't want no part of that nonsense.
    Well they gotta take out Cercei before they take care of that ordeal. Find it hard for them to beat Cercei at this point.

The army is demolished. Only 1 dragon left, dragons that are rather easy to kill in this show. They gotta charge into a fortress with alot of manpower, with a ruler that has no issues sending out wildfire to get the job done.

Honestly, episode 5 will probably have a Gandalf moment(Like in two towers when the orcs attacks helms deep) were some magical army suddenly appears to help defeat cercei. No idea who or what it can be.

If not, its yet again up to Arya to go ninja and end it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    "Oh the fleet is there" is the story of the Iron Fleet's life. Euron came to the Islands and just demanded a fleet of a thousand ships and he has it a few episodes later despite the Ironborn just losing the North and any access to the absurd quantities of lumber required to build such a fleet, to say nothing of the time it would need to actually construct them. In one episode the fleet is off the coast of King's Landing and then literally on the other side of Westeros off the coast of Casterly Rock later on. Now it's able to hide from flying creatures and snipe a moving (if wounded) dragon as if using a railgun instead of a super inaccurate bolt fired by some dude eyeballing it.

Things now happen because the plot wants them to happen, rather than events logically flowing from previous events. The show still has great actors, impressive setpieces, good music and some good ideas from time to time, but the narrative qualities that made its fame have taken a massive nosedive. At this point I just want this to be over, I lost interest in most of the story when they just killed the Night King as if he were some minor obstacle. Shame because the first thirty minutes of the episode were pretty good.
    Agree. The show ended for me in episode 3. Before episode 3 I was so hyped I couldnt wait for it to air. Episode 4? nah not so much. I caught myself not even getting surprised/Upset of what happend in episode 4, I even predicted a few of those things when the episode started.

Tbh, I would rather prefer episodes that were less WOW(like 1+ hour of fighting) and more explained and well written, and give us 10 episodes. I guess the mass audience dont share my sentiment on that and HBO made the last season not for me. Oh well.

Didn't we see Cersei and Qyburn cackling about something with a dragon head on it early in the season? I thought it'd be a dragon ballista (little did I know there were dozens of these just popping up everywhere), but maybe it's some ultimate weapon now for episode 5?

Maybe they have their own "dragon" which breathes their own version of fire AKA wildfire, and then they'll just roast everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I find it hard to believe that 2 dragons flying that high up in the air couldn't spot Euron's fleet
    "SNEAKY FLEET!"

/cast Vanish
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, episode 5 will probably have a Gandalf moment(Like in two towers when the orcs attacks helms deep) were some magical army suddenly appears to help defeat cercei. No idea who or what it can be.
    Definitely. Possible contenders for that Magic Army in rough order of probability:
    The Golden Company (After being bought off by Varys)
    The Armies of Dorne led by Unnamed Prince #52
    The Armies of Slavers Bay led by Dario Narharys.
    Iron Islanders led by Yara (Shouldn't be enough combat power left there, but who cares)
    The Combined Armies of the Vale, Stormlands, Reach, and Dorne
    Riverlanders led by Edemure Tully
    A metric fuckload of Wolves led by Nymeria and Ghost.
    The army of the dead, but somehow purified by the lord of light.
    Brann finally does something, and wargs literally every animal in Westros.
    All the dragons that have ever lived from Old Valantis
    The Headless ghost of Ned Stark.
    Khal Drogo, alive and well, with no explanation whatsoever.
    John Oliver, the Cast of Sesame Street, and every other intellectual property that HBO owns.

For a show that is so popular, the story is not that good. Okay, but nothing spectacular. I will watch it to the end, only to finish this saga.