Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    So predictions for the last two episodes.

Jamie will meet with Cersei, have crazy make-up sex, then Jamie will try to strangle her. Then the Iron Fleet will sneak up behind him and kill him instead.
    Tormund and Ghost will reach the wall, and the wildlings will cross through the breach into the north... the Iron fleet will be there and kill them all.
    Daenerys will catch Cersei in the open while riding Drogon. She will have Drogon torch her to death... except the smoke will clear and Cersei will just smile at her. Then the Iron Fleet will appear and kill Drogon.
    The Hound and The Mountain will have an epic fight. Of course the Iron Fleet will show up and kill them both before we get a resolution.
    Cersei will appear to win the battle at King's Landing. Then the Iron Fleet will switch sides and kill her.

Jon and Dany will decide to rule together and will drag up an old picnic table to replicate the winterfell style of ruling by sitting at the kitchen table. Then the table will turn out to secretly be the Iron Fleet, who will kill them.

The show ends when it turns out the Iron Fleet was secretly Arya wearing a face of a boat. Then we find out Arya was actually a boat all along. Then she dies of an infected bruise.
    This is the funniest shit I have read all day... and it actually sounds like something they would have happen on the show at this point. Thank you for the laughs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Your wish came true! Well partly
    Yeah! I was super happy

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Good episode more or less, but that final scene was so dumb. Let's have the last dragon and the Queen stand in range of 5 ballistas and dozens of archers. What could go wrong. It's not like your other dragon got skewered not too long ago, right?
    It pained my eyes to watch the scene. Cersei could have wiped them all if she wanted. The sheer stupidity of the plot really shines at the moments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Cercei got this under full control and theres something extra needed to beat her. Either Tyrion, Jaime or Arya kills her. OR she survives it all.
    There are only a few realistic, non-sneaky ways that Cersei can still be defeated.

Blockade and starve out King's Landing (or get the commons to revolt against Cersei while they are starving). To do this, they need a fleet that can actually fight at sea. Maybe Yara can construct a whole new fleet. The land forces that Dany and Jon have left should be able to deny resources to the city by intercepting any supplies that come on land. The dragon can help scout (would be amazing for them to actually be able to see what is going on, not get ambushed left and right).

Or, Dany can fly Drogon as high up in the air as he can and dive bomb all those ballistas that can't shoot higher than 20 deg.

Another avenue to success is for Dany to go around to the other lords that aren't currently fighting in King's Landing and give them a reason to fight for her instead of Cersei. She says she wants to break the wheel and change things, but what does that mean? She hasn't told anyone what she is going to do when she is in charge. There is no reason to choose her unless you are sure she is going to win and look for self preservation.

I still don't understand why Dany and co. didn't siege King's Landing as soon as they came over and dracarys the Red Keep the first thing they did. Cersei couldn't have done anything against the dragons when they first got there, at least not with that one ballista. It would have been a great sneak attack to burn the Red Keep, where Cersei probably would be at the time, and set up a siege with the tens of thousands of soldiers she had and dragons as support against anyone coming to relieve King's Landing. She didn't want to kill a bunch of people. The easiest way to do that is to end your war early. Of course this didn't happen because then the throne story would be over really quickly, but the story should have ended with the Night King's death (after more than one battle).

Isn't there supposed to be a fuckload of wildfire in the Keep?

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I still don't understand why Dany and co. didn't siege King's Landing as soon as they came over and dracarys the Red Keep the first thing they did. Cersei couldn't have done anything against the dragons when they first got there, at least not with that one ballista. It would have been a great sneak attack to burn the Red Keep, where Cersei probably would be at the time, and set up a siege with the tens of thousands of soldiers she had and dragons as support against anyone coming to relieve King's Landing. She didn't want to kill a bunch of people. The easiest way to do that is to end your war early. Of course this didn't happen because then the throne story would be over really quickly, but the story should have ended with the Night King's death (after more than one battle).
    I couldn't agree with you more.

I feel like the Night King should have been the final fight. The show feels different knowing the great ancient evil is dead.

I always liked how everyone was so focused on the Iron Throne when the Night King could careless who sits on the throne and will kill everyone regardless.

They rushed this season at the great expense of quality unfortunately.
    Last edited by Byuiso; 2019-05-06 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post

I feel like the Night King should have been the final fight. The show feels different knowing the great ancient evil is dead.

I always liked how everyone was so focused on the Iron Throne when the Night King could careless who sits on the throne and will kill everyone regardless.

They rushed this season at the great expense of quality unfortunately.
    They didn't rush it though. They took an additional year to do it, and they roughly quadrupled the budget. Season 8 has about triple the amount of time investments per episode as any of the others. Apparently they spent none of that time asking if any of this makes sense.

The greed and stupidity of mankind is a great and ancient evil that is still alive and well on the show.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a goofy episode that was. Treating Missandei as though she was a hugely important figure in the series really shouldn't have been the corner stone to an episode especially when there are only two episodes left. Like, of everything which has happened, this is the ultimate turning point for them? It seems as if it even overshadows the fact that Jon is the rightful heir to the throne.

It's set up as if the entire Euron ambush plot was to get her too. Of all the people in the water, of all the people they wouldn't even know the importance of, they somehow find her, drag her out of the water, teleport her back at the keep then use her as a rallying point followed by becoming a martyr.

Furthermore, what's with this continuous misuse of the dragon? The Scorpions couldn't fire backwards due to their positioning and, last time I checked, a damn dragon is much faster than a ship trying to maneuver especially when it's in a clearly bottle necked position so why not fly around and attack from the rear or straight down? Why not... ugh... one of the greatest bearers of destruction and they're just being pissed away by unimaginable incompetence. Sure, okay, lets fly in to a fleet of ships equipped with Scorpions and not, you know, around them at a distance. By the way, what's scouting?

Allow me to visualize this for you with my terrific paint skills

All the while Daenerys and her eye brows are further descending in to insanity.

Seems like much of the sense in this episode packed up its shit and was ready to leave with Tormund.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-05-06 at 11:00 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hey! Stop lumping the North together with Jon and Dany. We don't want no part of that nonsense.
    I'd take Jon over Dany even though he knows nothing. Show Dany was a bit better than book Dany, but not by much in my estimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    What a goofy episode that was.
    Yeah, goofy is the right word for that final scene I think. Why isn't Cercei just murdering everyone if she's such a monster? They are all just standing there, Drogon included. How is Tyrion still retarded enough to think she would be swayed by platitudes that could be interpreted as threats? Why does everyone (besides Dany and Grey Worm, mind) care so much about some Naathi girl? If she's that important why not keep her as a hostage? The entire scene makes little logical sense only serves to show how cartoonishly eeeeevil Cercei is which we knew already.

So predictions for the last two episodes.

Jamie will meet with Cersei, have crazy make-up sex, then Jamie will try to strangle her. Then the Iron Fleet will sneak up behind him and kill him instead.
    Tormund and Ghost will reach the wall, and the wildlings will cross through the breach into the north... the Iron fleet will be there and kill them all.
    Daenerys will catch Cersei in the open while riding Drogon. She will have Drogon torch her to death... except the smoke will clear and Cersei will just smile at her. Then the Iron Fleet will appear and kill Drogon.
    The Hound and The Mountain will have an epic fight. Of course the Iron Fleet will show up and kill them both before we get a resolution.
    Cersei will appear to win the battle at King's Landing. Then the Iron Fleet will switch sides and kill her.

Jon and Dany will decide to rule together and will drag up an old picnic table to replicate the winterfell style of ruling by sitting at the kitchen table. Then the table will turn out to secretly be the Iron Fleet, who will kill them.

The show ends when it turns out the Iron Fleet was secretly Arya wearing a face of a boat. Then we find out Arya was actually a boat all along. Then she dies of an infected bruise.
    Nobody expects the Iron Fleet!
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

They should have lost at WF, kill Brann, because honestly him living is NOT intrinsic to the survival of humanity. End of EP 3, Ep 4 is a retreat past the twins and a call for parley with Cersei. Explain that the north has been lost, all previous oaths and squables are moot death comes south. Then we have a banding together to fight the NK. However they wanna wrap up the chair shit afterwards w/e.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I guess it depends on how faithful the show is to the source material and how faithful the source material is to, well, the mythos of the world. If all is good and well then we have yet to see Azor Ahai return so one could argue that we're far from finished with the Night King so perhaps the battle was lost but the war will continue on in another several thousand years.

It was believed that Stannis was Azor Ahai but, well, not quite.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-05-06 at 11:47 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I guess it depends on how faithful the show is to the source material and how faithful the source material is to, well, the mythos of the world. If all is good and well then we have yet to see Azor Ahai so one could argue that we're far from finished with the Night King so perhaps the battle was lost but the war will continue on in another several thousand years.
    I don't think there is much point in holding on to that plot point. It is over, let it go. A lot of people had theories of Ned Stark coming back after Season 1. That probably won't happen either.

Now GRR Martin was pretty clear this week that the books aren't going to end the same way as the show. Which is going to be pretty weird, but not surprising. There are a lot of ongoing plots in the book that are a lot different.

I guess it depends on how faithful the show is to the source material and how faithful the source material is to, well, the mythos of the world. If all is good and well then we have yet to see Azor Ahai so one could argue that we're far from finished with the Night King so perhaps the battle was lost but the war will continue on in another several thousand years.

It was believed that Stannis was Azor Ahai but, well, not quite.

I still think Daerys will die and her dragon. Jon takes the throne. But we will see a scene at the very end where someone will have a basket with three dragon eggs and somehow they will know one or two of them is female.

They didn't rush it though. They took an additional year to do it, and they roughly quadrupled the budget. Season 8 has about triple the amount of time investments per episode as any of the others. Apparently they spent none of that time asking if any of this makes sense.
    I think they are rushing it with respect to run time. A full 10 episode season would have allowed time for war preparations and political plotting and backstory reveals. I would probably not have increased the budget significantly because I am assuming most of the cost is from the full episode battles. Scenes of characters at strategy tables and Bran in front of a tree don't cost very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The greed and stupidity of mankind is a great and ancient evil that is still alive and well on the show.
    They needed more backstory for the Night King to make him more than just "I'm evil. I kill all people." Otherwise he is just a plot device, which apparently is all he was. And after all these seasons, we still don't know why it matters who sits on the Iron Throne or if there really needs to be a ruler of all seven kingdoms. What is the plan for the eventual ruler after they gain the throne? How will life be better if Dany or Jon rules instead of Cersei?

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Scenes of characters at strategy tables and Bran in front of a tree don't cost very much.
    Strategy? Really?

I don't think there is much point in holding on to that plot point. It is over, let it go. A lot of people had theories of Ned Stark coming back after Season 1. That probably won't happen either.

Now GRR Martin was pretty clear this week that the books aren't going to end the same way as the show. Which is going to be pretty weird, but not surprising. There are a lot of ongoing plots in the book that are a lot different.
    Any source for GRRM's words on this matter? Not that I mistrust you or anything, I just remembered that the showrunners once said their ending would be broadly similar to the book's and would like to see what Martin's take is.