Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Wrong. She hit him in the chest.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure it is Jaime and Cersei who are the Mad King's bastards. It has been hinted that he raped Tywin's wife on their wedding night, and seeing that Tyrion is the youngest of the three, it can't be him.
    Oh come on. I posted about this not more than two weeks ago. Jaime and Cersei were born 3 years after the wedding, so their birth had nothing to do with the "liberties" that Aerys took with Joanna. Further, Joanna was in CR for a full year before their birth, while Aerys was in KL that whole time. Ergo he cannot be their biological father. Tyrion on the other hand was born 8 1/2 months after the 10-year coronation anniversary tournament where Joanna attended. She was packed back off to CR in cloudy circumstances and Tywin tried to resign as hand at the same time. Gee, I wonder what happened there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    People have been spreading the possibility that Dragonstone is what the name suggests. A place full of dragons in stone stasis. And that Tyrion will awaken them as a Targaryen bastard.
    Tyrion is most certainly a Targ. The whole Dragons being awoken from stone theory has a foundation of sand, though. I sincerely doubt it happens. Imagery suggests that Viserion would have been Tyrion's dragon, had Vis survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I disagree. She's been set up throughout the show as someone fighting to combat her family's background.

Shoehorning a mad dany arc now would just reinforce the whole notion that this is a rushed mess.
    She may have been trying to combat it, but she has repeatedly failed at that. She has been screeching about filthy betrayer this, lying betrayer lapdog that whenever someone brought up Starks, Baratheons or Lannisters even after she's been told that her father's enemies weren't lying and he was really a lunatic. Her first instinct when someone doesn't submit to her is "burn that shit (even though I'm totally not like my father, swearsies)". It's just until now she was willing to listen to her advisers that were trying to curbstomb her growing fire-induced lunacy. It's not like Aerys was burning people alive without anyone reining him in since his infancy either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well tbh the books haven't been written yet so ACKTSCHUALLY the TV series becomes the real canon and whatever GRRM writes and publishes later on, if ever, is just glorified fanfic.
    That's easily the most retarded logic I've read in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Just as I suspected, the writers will have the cake and eat it too. They wanted an episode against the army of the dead where all seemed lost, but they also need an army to match Cersei's. What do they do? Show us that pretty much every single soldier in and outside of Winterfel are dead (with the exception of the characters with plot armour) and then say in the next episode "Half died, so now we're even with Cersei". Well, how convenient.
    That's literally what I predicted even before the battle episode (that there would be "just enough survivors" regardless of what the battle would show us). The show has become very predictable, not in what happens exactly, but in the fact that it's now purely following narrative rule of cool instead of organic plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I am at a loss for words. Literally. I honestly felt like I was watching another show. The first three episodes weren't great but I still had fun. But this one? Jesus Christ, what the hell happened?
    They teamed up with Blizzard to co-write it.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    That's easily the most retarded logic I've read in some time.
    GRRM sort of waivered his right to decide what's canon by giving the TV show the right to tell the story beyond what was written already.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

GRRM sort of waivered his right to decide what's canon by giving the TV show the right to tell the story beyond what was written already.
    Wtf are you talking about what's 'canon'? The books are the books and the show is the show, are you fucking high? You're not even considering the fact that A) GRRM gave them broad outlines on how the books would end, not every fucking narrative detail and B) Dumb and Dumber may have decided to throw said outlines out the window completely and go into a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I read the leaks yesterday.
    Source, please?

Are those leaks that said that Theon would die charging the NK, and that Arya would kill NK. Jon kills Dany. Those leaks or something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    How is it possible to misinterpret the scene in the promo with Euron looking at the sky so wrong?... He is not worried, he is anticipating the dragon to attack.
    If Dany attacks on Drogon in broad daylight, with no form of protection, she's going to fall dead instantly with all those scorpions aimed at her. I do think Euron looks worried or shocked in the promo, and I think it was telling when Cersei asked him if he's sure he killed one of the dragons. So this all makes me think either A) Rhaegal isn't really dead, B) She somehow has more dragons, C) there's something to the Tyrion Targaryen theory, or D) and probably the most likely.. Drogon is somehow decked out in armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirn View Post
    Source, please?

Are those leaks that said that Theon would die charging the NK, and that Arya would kill NK. Jon kills Dany. Those leaks or something new?
    Yes they are.

Well... kinda... sorta...

No.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    damn this season feels rushed. from burning bodies to knocking on king's lading's gates in 30 minutes.
    Which is a feat in itself, as this season had an extra year in production.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Wtf are you talking about what's 'canon'? The books are the books and the show is the show, are you fucking high? You're not even considering the fact that A) GRRM gave them broad outlines on how the books would end, not every fucking narrative detail and B) Dumb and Dumber may have decided to throw said outlines out the window completely and go into a different direction.
    Yeah and when it comes to 'canon' it is "first come, first served". If GRRM decides to write the story in his books wildly different than what the TV show has delivered, then his writing is just revisionist fan fiction.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    There are only a few realistic, non-sneaky ways that Cersei can still be defeated.

Blockade and starve out King's Landing (or get the commons to revolt against Cersei while they are starving). To do this, they need a fleet that can actually fight at sea. Maybe Yara can construct a whole new fleet. The land forces that Dany and Jon have left should be able to deny resources to the city by intercepting any supplies that come on land. The dragon can help scout (would be amazing for them to actually be able to see what is going on, not get ambushed left and right).

Or, Dany can fly Drogon as high up in the air as he can and dive bomb all those ballistas that can't shoot higher than 20 deg.

Another avenue to success is for Dany to go around to the other lords that aren't currently fighting in King's Landing and give them a reason to fight for her instead of Cersei. She says she wants to break the wheel and change things, but what does that mean? She hasn't told anyone what she is going to do when she is in charge. There is no reason to choose her unless you are sure she is going to win and look for self preservation.

I still don't understand why Dany and co. didn't siege King's Landing as soon as they came over and dracarys the Red Keep the first thing they did. Cersei couldn't have done anything against the dragons when they first got there, at least not with that one ballista. It would have been a great sneak attack to burn the Red Keep, where Cersei probably would be at the time, and set up a siege with the tens of thousands of soldiers she had and dragons as support against anyone coming to relieve King's Landing. She didn't want to kill a bunch of people. The easiest way to do that is to end your war early. Of course this didn't happen because then the throne story would be over really quickly, but the story should have ended with the Night King's death (after more than one battle).
    Well, at this point decent logic and good writing is clearly being thrown out the window just to create WOW/WTF situations. Its obvious, that even after 7 previous seasons and the option to take theyre time and build everything up, they have now forced themself to end the show one way or another. They went for the visual effects as a way to end it all, two major battles and all.

Just look at the scene in episode 4 when the dragon is hit. Suddenly, out of nowhere(with two dragons with dany one one of them), the iron fleet appears. Neither the dragons or Dany saw them. How is that even possible? Then when the dragon goes down with curgical precision, they go on and miss with 10+ shots on dany and her dragon.
    And instead of actually just fly BEHIND the ships and torch it all up, dany flees. I mean, those ships cant turn quickly. Those ballistas cant be charged quickly. So why the hell does she flee?

That whole scene had only 1 mission. To create WOW/WTF moment with a shot down dragon and Missandei captured. Beyond that it did nothing. This is the second time the Iron fleet just WOSH appears out of nowhere and everyone is caught off guard. Why even go with boats when they got theyre asses kicked last time?

I have lots of other quirks with season 8, but to sum it up everything feels so cheap and cut short now.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2019-05-07 at 01:41 PM.

This episode was filled with black and white scenes...

+ Tyrion and Varys scenes, finally back to what was good in GoT seasons ago. I also like Varys' approach. Some may say he's switching sides too often, but he's indeed doing whatever is best for the realm. If he sees a better oppurtunity arise, he takes it.
    + Jaimie arc. So many people here took it wrong, lmao. Its obvious he's off to KL to end Cercei. I think the celebration and Brienne showed him how great the life can be without Cercei's toxicity. The news about the ambush turned the switch in his mind. IMO he realized how much she's been enabled thanks to him and feels guilty for all the bad going on, and thinks killing her or dying trying is the only way to redeem himself. AND he had to treat Brienne like that, else she's try to stop him or follow him.
    + The Hound and the Stark girls. There's nothing more to say.
    + Danny revealing her true self finally. The years spent on focusing on the Iron Throne infected her with sick obsession. Her begging Jon to keep his ancestry a secret, then outright demanding him to, the way she treated him. Though her later reactions (after the dragon is killed) are understandable. I think the main point of this episode was to show her mental change. Feeling alone during celebration (did anyone notice that at one point her face impression was super similar to Cercei when she has that empty yet crazy look?), Tormund praising Jon. She's RIP, thats for sure.
    + Sansa playing the game. IMO she's the only competent player and I wouldnt be surprised if she end up sitting on the throne. The only semi-competent player left is Cercei, but she's digging her own grave. Sansa is up to something and I think Arya going south isnt accidental.

- Bronn scene was shit. It went in such an awkward way, dont know, just felt anticlimatic and out of place.
    - Jon saying fuck you to Ghost. He even hugged Gilly goodbye but couldnt be arsed to pat Ghost. Scumbag.
    - whole ambush scene was dumb as fuck. I dont know what's worse: Danny not seeing Euron's ships, balistae having 100% accuracy towards Rhaegal, but missing all shots on Drogon flight-charging them, balistae then destroying Danny's fleet or Euron somehow capturing Missandei. Overall looks like the balista is the greatest war invention ever
    - that scene before KL. LMFAO. So much wrong here. THEY JUST KILLED YOUR DRAGON WITH BALISTAE AND YOU ARE PARKING ANOTHER ONE HERE, WITH MANY MORE POINTED AT HIM. And the archers. Only thing worse than them being dumb enough to just come here was Cercei not outright murdering them. Why the fuck not?
    - Cercei pregnancy. So either she's pregnant with Jaime and it should be showing by now but it didnt (and we cant be sure if the writers just didnt think about it), Tyrion should notice that so why the pointless talk about the child? Or she just lied, so again, what the point of talking about it. What was the point of any of that. Did they seriously think Cercei would yield? Why would she? Not only she has an advantage now, she has no reason to belive Danny would spare them (and she wouldnt after they killed her dragon, you can be sure of that).

Yet another case of nice episode to watch, but terribly written if you're the series fan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    If Dany attacks on Drogon in broad daylight, with no form of protection, she's going to fall dead instantly with all those scorpions aimed at her. I do think Euron looks worried or shocked in the promo, and I think it was telling when Cersei asked him if he's sure he killed one of the dragons. So this all makes me think either A) Rhaegal isn't really dead, B) She somehow has more dragons, C) there's something to the Tyrion Targaryen theory, or D) and probably the most likely.. Drogon is somehow decked out in armor.
    It's Yara I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Yeah I think its either Drogon in armor or Rhaegal is alive. Probably the latter just for the "YEAH" factor when it appears on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Lol this is great.

Love it man that was great.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Really, it's because they have this deep, complex mystical backdrop to the story, and the Battle of Winterfell the writer just said "lol syke" and dropped all of it as irrelevant, with a 15 second scene of Arya stabbing a dude. There won't be answers to any of that, because the writers decided to write it all out as pointless.
    So the same treatment Dorne and Reach got. Sacrificed on the altar of D&D rushing the fuck out of the story because they got bored making GoT and now that they undeservedly got big due to it (undeservedly because the moment they started introducing their own ideas instead of GRRM propping them up the show went to shit) they have other venues to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    lol this 100%.

Lets all just be glad that the NK wasn't killed by another Euron Greyjoy surprise fleet attack in the middle of Winterfell. Wouldn't put it past the writers at the moment, they have a super boner for him.
    Great, now I can't stop imagining Euron's ship randomly teleporting above Winterfell with Euron 360 no scope sniping the Night King with the scorpion while the ship is in free fall.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    He just happened to teleport into Winterfell at the exact place Tyrion and Jaime were without anyone noticing. Then he proceed to make demands which he cannot make anyone actually pay for them since he has no power and then left, except that now both Jaime and Tyrion know "they are in danger" and could simply tell the someone to kill Bronn.

So much for Bronn ignoring the sack of gold and actually saving Jaime.
    Not "just happened". Qyburn finally found Littlefinger's teleportation network and since he's the one who convinced Bronn on Cersei's behalf it isn't a surprise he'd let him use it for Cersei's top secret mission.