10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    However, I think it is pretty strongly indicative she won't be turning into an evil pyscho like the most common theories seem to hold. That isn't a card for a villain, they aren't marketing her as such.
    She's been an evil psycho since she walked out of the fire with dragons. She isn't becoming that. She's always been that. She's utterly ruthless and perfectly willing to slaughter people horribly for daring to stand against her. Not just on the field of battle, but for anything other than abject obedience.

Just count up the number of people she's burned alive for the "crime" of not doing exactly what she wanted them to do. It's a pretty big list. And that's for starters.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hell I say burn em all Dany.

She saved their butt and lost everything (Sorry "half of her army" ep 3 made it look like everyone died) and they've been nothing but rude.

Go full mad Queen on em with Drogon. And remember you have enemy's, dont go forgetting or anything.

Totally Bullshit Cersei knew to kill her interpreter though, such shit writing. Interpreter isnt worth anything and they act like Missandei is some massive loss. I get Dany and her were friends but it was never explained that Cersei knew that

People say the show has jumped the shark but they did already with LF.

- - - Updated - - -

GRRM seething about the LF treatment.

His points about book LF vs TV show LF having friends vs having no friends is totally right though.

They are basically different characters.

And they ended his story early so they could focus on the NK. But the NK isnt the focus, so.....he died for no reason other than #teamstark?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-05-10 at 06:39 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    She's been an evil psycho since she walked out of the fire with dragons. She isn't becoming that. She's always been that. She's utterly ruthless and perfectly willing to slaughter people horribly for daring to stand against her. Not just on the field of battle, but for anything other than abject obedience.

Just count up the number of people she's burned alive for the "crime" of not doing exactly what she wanted them to do. It's a pretty big list. And that's for starters.
    U forgot all those people wanted to kill her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    the Varys plot will happen, get fumbled
    They've already fumbled Varys completely, they need to kill off the clever characters since they're too dim-witted to write for them. Maybe they should just have the last two episodes focus on the Hound, since they only like writing dialogue for him any way.
    /s

What are the chances of a Night King's plot twist in the very last scene of the show? Like Bran opening blue eyes or Tormund staring at a reformed Night King in the distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    What are the chances of a Night King's plot twist in the very last scene of the show? Like Bran opening blue eyes or Tormund staring at a reformed Night King in the distance?
    exactly 0. Its over, done.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Also the Night King is one of the most popular characters in the show by far, and DnD know this despite their stupidity.

Well that would indeed be a huge cliffhanger. Do they want that?

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Night King is one of the most popular characters in the show by far, and DnD know this despite their stupidity.
    He sure is. GoT ended in episode 3.

Only three more days to wait for all the excitement and drama of the next episode

We all know what is going to happen thanks to the leaks. Its bad but it could be worse tbh.

I'm so sad that GoT reduced the Night King battle to one episode! This whole season should be about the living vs the dead, not about Dany vs Cercei... sigh

I was hoping for an epic king's landing battle between the night king and the human survivors, after he devastated the whole seven kingdoms.
    And probably some Bran time travelling to prevent the complete apocalypse.

but no, Cersei battle is probably the last battle the GoT producers reserved for us
    Season 7 should have ended with the Game of Thrones battle between the living for the throne, aka Cercei's demise.
    the new king/queen should then worry about the defenses against the dead, and with this where season 8 should have started.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-05-10 at 02:48 PM.

Has there been any talk in here from next weeks trailer about the two specs flying across the sky in Dragonstone castle? Birds or more dragons??

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I'm so sad that GoT reduced the Night King battle to one episode! This whole season should be about the living vs the dead, not about Dany vs Cercei... sigh

I was hoping for an epic king's landing battle between the night king and the human survivors, after he devastated the whole seven kingdoms.
    And probably some Bran time travelling to prevent the complete apocalypse.

but no, Cersei battle is probably the last battle the GoT producers reserved for us
    Season 7 should have ended with the Game of Thrones battle between the living for the throne, aka Cercei's demise.
    the new king/queen should then worry about the defenses against the dead, and with this season 8 should have started.
    This is basically the equivalent of Sargeras dying in 7.1.5 and the rest of the Legion expansion being about Elisande. I could have accepted the Night King dying before Cersei IF he had an entire season dedicated to him. Not just half of a season, let alone an half season full of fanservice and plot armor.

Unlike the whinefest that the thread has turned into for the past few years, I had been enjoying this season so far. I had a few complaints (Short Version: In episode 3, it makes NO SENSE to just pointlessly sacrifice the dothraki like that, nor have their army OUTSIDE the walls. The whole point of having a castle, is to fight INSIDE the castle. Also it was too dark and had too much shaky-cam) but on the whole, I liked it.

My biggest disappointment was that they set up the night king and the undead to die first, and leave cersei as the final boss. But that pretty much was a given due to how Season 7 happened. Personally, I was hoping that in Season 7, danny would finally kill cersei, then together, all the living would make a stand against the dead. But ohh well.

But legit, Episode 4 pissed me off.

No, its not because they killed yet another dragon (though really, dick move that was), nor because they effectively sent Ghost away without even a final petting from Jon (even bigger dick move), or because they broke up Jaime and Brienne tossing all his character development to the trash can (What the fuck man?) along with hers (From badass warrior goddess, to heartbroken teenage girl), or because they killed Missandei (I guess Grey Worm will die next, he basically has no reason left to live now). No no.

What pisses me off more than anything, not just in this episode, but in this season altogether, is them trying to set up Danny as the next Mad Queen. Like WHAT THE FUCK man?

Its just stupid, completely stupid. She went to Westeros, to seize the Iron Throne. That was what her entire life has been about up until now. She gathered the largest army the world has ever seen, and went to Westeros, hellbent on delivering to Cersei nothing but Fire and Blood.

Instead, she showed restraint, and control, and it costed her the tyrells, and dornish, and the ironborn that were with her. And then, she entirely leaves the fight for the iron throne, and goes north, sacrificing one of her dragons, as well as a huge ass chunk of her army, just to save the north. She didn't have any reason to do that, but she did it anyways. And now every character is acting like she's a psycho bitch that's just one bad day away from being Joffrey with tits.

Te fucking fuck?!?!

Why are Sansa and Arya so obsessed with not trusting her, the fuck does it takes to win the trust of someone in the north? she saved their asses, at a great personal cost when she had almost nothing to gain from it herself. But noooooooo she targaryen, she bad.

Why is Varys all of the sudden obsessed with putting Jon on the throne? Jon is exactly like ned. And Ned was an idiot, so blinded by honor that the cutthroat realities of politics killed him. Jon has no experience ruling, is gullible and naive, easily pushed around by almost everyone who knows him. While Danny has already proven her capacity to rule in Essos, and again, sacrificed almost everything she had, to fight a battle nobody else in the seven kingdoms gave a single solitary fuck about. But no, jon has a cock, that automatically makes him better than her.

Besides, just a few seasons ago, Varys was whining that Robert was a terrible king because he wasn't interested in ruling, and instead spent most of his life drinking and whoring. Now he's pushing for Jon and the chief reason he gives for wanting him on the throne is because............... Jon's not interested in ruling?

What?!??!!

So help me god, if they just turn Danny into another villain that must die, I will be truly and really and completely pissed the fuck off.
    Last edited by Derah; 2019-05-10 at 03:25 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Unlike the whinefest that the thread has turned into for the past few years, I had been enjoying this season so far. I had a few complaints (Short Version: In episode 3, it makes NO SENSE to just pointlessly sacrifice the dothraki like that, nor have their army OUTSIDE the walls. The whole point of having a castle, is to fight INSIDE the castle. Also it was too dark and had too much shaky-cam) but on the whole, I liked it.

My biggest disappointment was that they set up the night king and the undead to die first, and leave cersei as the final boss. But that pretty much was a given due to how Season 7 happened. Personally, I was hoping that in Season 7, danny would finally kill cersei, then together, all the living would make a stand against the dead. But ohh well.

No, its not because they killed yet another dragon (though really, dick move that was), nor because they effectively sent Ghost away without even a final petting from Jon (even bigger dick move), or because they broke up Jaime and Brienne tossing all his character development to the trash can (What the fuck man?) along with hers (From badass warrior goddess, to heartbroken teenage girl), or because they killed Missandei (I guess Grey Worm will die next, he basically has no reason left to live now). No no.

What pisses me off more than anything, not just in this episode, but in this season altogether, is them trying to set up Danny as the next Mad Queen. Like WHAT THE FUCK man?

Its just stupid, completely stupid. She went to Westeros, to seize the Iron Throne. That was what her entire life has been about up until now. She gathered the largest army the world has ever seen, and went to Westeros, hellbent on delivering to Cersei nothing but Fire and Blood.

Instead, she showed restraint, and control, and it costed her the tyrells, and dornish, and the ironborn that were with her. And then, she entirely leaves the fight for the iron throne, and goes north, sacrificing one of her dragons, as well as a huge ass chunk of her army, just to save the north. She didn't have any reason to do that, but she did it anyways. And now every character is acting like she's a psycho bitch that's just one bad day away from being Joffrey with tits.

Te fucking fuck?!?!

Why are Sansa and Arya so obsessed with not trusting her, the fuck does it takes to win the trust of someone in the north? she saved their asses, at a great personal cost when she had almost nothing to gain from it herself. But noooooooo she targaryen, she bad.

Why is Varys all of the sudden obsessed with putting Jon on the throne? Jon is exactly like ned. And Ned was an idiot, so blinded by honor that the cutthroat realities of politics killed him. Jon has no experience ruling, is gullible and naive, easily pushed around by almost everyone who knows him. While Danny has already proven her capacity to rule in Essos, and again, sacrificed almost everything she had, to fight a battle nobody else in the seven kingdoms gave a single solitary fuck about. But no, jon has a cock, that automatically makes him better than her.

Besides, just a few seasons ago, Varys was whining that Robert was a terrible king because he wasn't interested in ruling, and instead spent most of his life drinking and whoring. Now he's pushing for Jon and the chief reason he gives for wanting him on the throne is because............... Jon's not interested in ruling?

What?!??!!

So help me god, if they just turn Danny into another villain that must die, I will be truly and really and completely pissed the fuck off.
    You complain about the whinefest, and then proceed to summarize it in one post. If you are going to join the complain train late, at least bring something new.

10+ Year Old Account

Daenerys has been slaughtering her way to the throne since she walked out of the fire with baby dragons. Anyone who gets in her way, she kills, most often by burning them alive.

It has nothing to do with taking the throne back for the Targaryens; if it did, Jon's lineage wouldn't have been a threat and she could have supported his (better) claim on the throne.

It has nothing to do with "breaking the wheel"; the ONLY times she's saved the downtrodden, it was so that they would owe her, and serve her. She's not breaking the wheel, she's just replacing the person at the top, with herself.

The entire path of Daenerys has been about seeking personal power and slaughtering any and all who stand in her way. If you thought she was "the good guy", you haven't been paying attention. She and Cersei are two peas in a nasty little pod. They're both pro-incest. They're both blonde (usually irrelevant, but it stands out here). They're both willing to kill to seize/maintain power. They both lose their shit when their kids are threatened. They both make bold statements by burning enemies alive. They both have their family members killed when they get in the way.

They're practically the same character. The biggest difference is that Dany's "children" are much more useful than Cersei's ever were. Also, Cersei's managed to seize and hold power all by herself, whereas Dany is entirely reliant on her dragons. No dragons, and she's the pretty blonde girl nobody bothers to listen to, again. She doesn't have any mind for tactics or statecraft, why would she ever make a decent ruler?

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    You complain about the whinefest, and then proceed to summarize it in one post.
    Not really? Excluding the "Danny = Mad Queen" long rant I made, the other things I mentioned were minor annoyances at best. Despite them, I still was having a good time with the show for the most part. I considered seasons 7 and 8 inferior to the previous ones, but nowhere near as shit as so many people on the thread seem to believe it is.
    If you are going to join the complain train late, at least bring something new.
    Hey, gimme a break dude. I live in Venezuela, if you don't know what's been happening over here, its a long story that's irrelevant to the thread. Bottom line is: Being able to see the show at all period is a big enough miracle as it is. I was barely able to see episodes 2 3 and 4 last night.

And I don't know if I'll be able to see episodes 5 and 6 until at least a week after both air, due to how unstable our power supply, internet access, and such is over here.

Bottom line: yes I know I'm late to the party, but given where I live, its understandable I wasn't able to see the episodes the day they aired and then talk about them right away.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I still can't believe that the Night King died so quickly. I had very high expectations for him and not just because he was built as the main antagonist since season 1 episode 1, but also because of what gentlemen DnD said about him in past interviews:

I don’t think of the Night King as a villain," he said. "He is not like Joffrey, or Ramses [sic] … To me, evil comes when you have a choice between that and good, and you choose the wrong way. The Night King doesn’t have a choice; he was created that way.
    I don’t think of him as evil, I think of him as Death,” Benioff told EW. “And that’s what he wants — for all of us. It’s why he was created and that’s what he’s after.
    Even Bran's actor said that he was a sympathetic character:

What we tried to do with that moment where The Night King arrives and stares at Bran and Bran stares at him, and this wasn't in the script, this was me and [director] Miguel [Sapochnik] coming up with this idea of Bran feeling sorry for him. Bran is looking at him and thinking, "I'm so sorry that they did this to you", because Bran was there and saw the creation of The Night King. He saw that shard of dragonglass pushed through this guy's heart. He was strapped to a tree. He didn't want to become this evil ice zombie. So yeah, what we thought was just a really beautiful moment where Bran is feeling sorry for this, this monster that's got out of control. He just can't stop killing.
    The Night King deserved much more screentime, he had so much more potential than what was utilized, and could have been an even more sympathethic character. But I guess DnD thought the Finger In The Bum guy was more important than the Night King.

Te fucking fuck?!?!

What?!??!!

Robert didn't want to rule, so he simply didnt do it.
    Jon doesn't want to rule, but he will do it if thrust upon him.

But the comparison to Ned is an apt one. Jon wouldn't play the game while everyone around him will. Which means he will lose and Westeros will lose with him.
    You'd think that would be obvious after he got stabbed to death by his own own people.

Danny going mad and Varys wanting to kill her is just drama for the sake of drama after they exhausted the rest of the storylines and needing to pad the death of Cersei out to fill the final 3 episodes.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Dany slowly going mad and Arya heading south to to presumably try and assassinate Cersei are literally the only things that made "sense" in the episode last week. I put "sense" in quotations because Arya's plotline only makes sense in light of the skillset and ability she's been given in the show apropos of nothing.