3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If there is dragonglass/valyrian steel to kill WW's there could to be an opposit thing to kill dragons. Maybe Bran can be useful for once and tell them.
    I don't think there's any magic ingredient to kill a dragon. They're living creatures, you just need to be able to fire something powerful enough at them. Dragons can be killed by spears and swords, a mob of peasants killed dragons larger than Drogon after all, when they were on the ground (in the dragon pit).

10+ Year Old Account

Did Snyder consult them? The pale horse shit is obtuse.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know just what the fuck Qyburn actually did to the Mountain. I mean did he turn him into a better version of a Wight? Or why did he not die after getting stabbed 10 times or more into vital parts of his body?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Well, they butchered Jaime's character, which was the only thing I had left.

Good to see other people getting blown out with Mad Queen Dany. Thank God that's finally happened.
    How did they butcher Jaime? I feel like Jamie was on of the few people who kept his character. He loved Cersi since Season 1 Episode 1. He loved her enough to push a boy from a tower and he loved her enough to die with her.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I'm so disappointed it feels like a void. Just release the fucking books already, I'm done with this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I'm not mad that Grey Worm commanded the unsullied to butcher the Lannister army. I'm not mad that Daenerys burned the Red Keep (And killed a bunch of civilians in the process).

I'm mad that Daenerys burned the entire city when it was completely out of character for her to do such a thing. I figured she'd do something like massacre the Lannister army after they surrendered, or burn the red keep while not really caring that civilians die (cause collateral damage). But instead they make her target innocent civilians out of absolutely no where when it is completely against everything she believes.

She went from good girl to literally more evil than Darth Vader in about... 0.2 seconds. Darth Vader still had some morals, but apparently Daeny suddenly does not. That is entirely out of character and bad writing.

I figured she'd go completely mad queen at some point and behave like a tyrant, but not actually butcher innocents with dragon fire.
    Even more confusing to me is why all the northmen and knights of the vale went along with the slaughter of the civilians. Unless they had a whole bunch of people from the Boltons left in their army that seems out of character even for them.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I'd like to know just what the fuck Qyburn actually did to the Mountain. I mean did he turn him into a better version of a Wight? Or why did he not die after getting stabbed 10 times or more into vital parts of his body?
    Necromancy is common in the actual story. There are fire zombies, Old God zombies, ice zombies, Drowned God zombies...

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Jon would have just fucked his Aunt, none of this would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Varys referenced it directly in the last episode. He straight up alludes to the fact that the North does not look kindly on incest as the Targaryens did. You're trying to argue yourself around a point that's already been explained and is quite obvious in the show.

Edit: since you threw in some random fact and purport it to be from the show, I have no recollection of the show ever talking about who Alys Karstark is married to. Are you sure this is not just from the books?
    It is in the books for sure, I'm pretty sure it's the reason Alys Karstark came back to Winterfell in the show after her house betrayed the Starks with the Boltons.

If they left it out of the show, fine. But Tywin Lannister married his first cousin, Joanna. He's not a Northerner, but it makes it not-just-a-Targaryen thing, but a thing common in Westeros. Surprising that Tyrion never mentioned that in his argument with Varys (hey, another example of shit writing).

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    I'm so disappointed it feels like a void. Just release the fucking books already, I'm done with this shit.
    Its going to be the same basic plot in the books as well. Blame GRRM for what happened as much as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It is in the books for sure, I'm pretty sure it's the reason Alys Karstark came back to Winterfell after her house betrayed the Starks with the Boltons.

If they left it out of the show, fine. But Tywin Lannister married his first cousin, Joanna. He's not a Northerner, but it makes it not-just-a-Targaryen thing, but a thing common in Westeros. Surprising that Tyrion never mentioned that in his argument with Varys (hey, another example of shit writing).
    If Alys Karstark is who I think it is she's the fairly young girl who takes charge of the family post-Battle of the Bastards. And I'm almost 100% positive this is never brought up in the show. There's no point arguing about what's in the books, we've talked about this before. The show has made Jon's perspective on it clear, so you might as well drop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm angry actually.

8 years of wanting Cersei dead and she's killed by a ceiling. A fucking ceiling.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    How did they butcher Jaime? I feel like Jamie was on of the few people who kept his character. He loved Cersi in Season 1 Episode 1, he loved Cersei the day he died. He would do anything for her and he was with her up until her last moments.
    The short answer is: "Read the books"

He leaves her to rot during his arc in the Riverlands after finding out she's slept with Lancel, Osmund Kettleblack, and (probably) Moon Boy. Not to mention the "I don't care for civilians" bit, as if he hasn't been annoyed throughout his entire life for not being recognized as saving the population of King's Landing.

Not to mention we got cheated out of the Valonqar prophecy.

Jaime got butchered, in true D&D fashion (They did the exact same thing to my boy Stannis). The episode was trash, this entire season's been trash. The only silver lining here is that Mad Queen Dany happened.

Well. This is one fucking shit show of a train wreck. I just love following Dany and Grey Worm for years and years just to watch them turn into monsters during the course of a single episode! All because Jon now finds fucking her uncomfortable because he knows she's his aunt. Of course if he would just do it she wouldn't go batshit insane, so there is that.

I fucking hate this season. The only decent episode in the bunch was episode 2, the rest have been complete train wrecks. I have a very strong feeling that the final episode is only going to make me angrier than I already am.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Its going to be the same basic plot in the books as well. Blame GRRM for what happened as much as anyone.
    I really, really doubt that. Arya killing the non-existent character who's the epitome of everything that Martin detests about the mediocre fantasy sealed the deal, it will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    That's like saying a 2-1 football match is the same match every time.

I believe Shireen will burn in the books. I believe Hodor will "hold the door." I believe Dany will go mad in the books. How they get there is the whole. fucking. point. And they will not get there this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Well. This is one fucking shit show of a train wreck.
    Now Danyfans know how Stannisbros felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The short answer is: "Read the books"

He leaves her to rot during his arc in the Riverlands after finding out she's slept with Lancel, Osmund Kettleblack, and (probably) Moon Boy. Not to mention the "I don't care for civilians" bit, as if he hasn't been annoyed throughout his entire life for not being recognized as saving the population of King's Landing.

Not to mention we got cheated out of the Valonqar prophecy.

Jaime got butchered, in true D&D fashion (They did the exact same thing to my boy Stannis). The episode was trash, this entire season's been trash. The only silver lining here is that Mad Queen Dany happened.
    I didn't read the books and I don't plan to anytime soon. I basing his character purely from the show and from the show's standpoint, his character has been in tact the entire series.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was an interesting episode which really showed off the true horror of war similar to the Loot Train in Season 7. Whilst I wanted Daenerys to win, I still felt it was a horrific and terrifying end to those on the ground. I didn't want Varys to die but he represented the common people and was ignored and burnt because he saw what Dany was becoming. Her closest advisers are gone, Grey Worm has no reason to exist now with Missandei dying. The only adviser left is Tyrion and he started to see what she was like during the Loot Train surrender. He can't stop her and now she has no restraints.

Unfortunately Daenerys ending on the Iron Throne is over. I think Jon, Davos and Tyrion realise it, and Jon said something to her in 7x04 that I think explains it well regarding her Dragon(s). 'If you use them to melt castles and burn cities, you're not different. You're just more of the same'. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bw4uEevZlc) Daenerys has crossed that line now. She's just another tyrant for the Iron Throne. There's a clear point where Daenerys and Grey Worm cross the line, and Jon and Davos/Tyrion are against it. Jon has the morals and saves some people and attempts to stop his men from their frenzy, eventually pulling them back, which is in contrast to Daenerys. Unfortunately the loss of those around Daenerys, the revelation about Jon and the spread of whispers has left her afraid and aggressive. Yes, she wants to break the wheel, but I don't think she will be the one in control at the end.

I was sad about how Jaime ended up. I've loved his arc and transformation from the complete twat early on to one of the best characters. I hated the fact he went back to Cersei in the end but I do agree that he was the best person to end with Cersei. Fair play to Lena Headey, I've loved her portrayal of Cersei throughout. I think we all knew she was going to die and she was resilient until near the end.

I thought there was a bit of irony with Qyburn's death. The Mountain killing him was pretty amusing when he brought him back and Cleganebowl ended the only was I felt it could. I'm glad we didn't have Sandor go complete Oberyn style but he took his brother out the only way possible. Glad Arya survived as well, I agree with the writers about how her being on the ground made it more gripping. The random white horse was dumb, she was pretty much safe and it came from nowhere. I wondered if she was going to die and that would snap the North against Daenerys.

I think it's safe to say the North will rebel against Daenerys and she won't last the Finale. I would expect Jon on the Iron Throne by the end but at the cost of Arya or Sansa with Daenery's possibly killing one, leaning towards Sansa for betrayal. Tyrion will probably die as well. It's a shame this season has been so condensed down, we've seen nothing of anything really but Winterfell and King's Landing. Unfortunately we've only got 90 minutes to wrap everything up now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )