Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Its going to be the same basic plot in the books as well. Blame GRRM for what happened as much as anyone.
    I will honestly feel the same if not worse if that's the case. At this point, I'm hoping, fuck it, I'm PRAYING, for something similar to FMA and FMA: Brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Now Danyfans know how Stannisbros felt.
    I'll never forget that. I was blasted on various forums for pointing out that idiocy.

The short answer is: "Read the books"
    You should not need to read the books to enjoy a Movie,Show or Video Game. It is a really dumb idea to expect people who have read the books to understand what is going on in the show.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I'll never forget that. I was blasted on various forums for pointing out that idiocy.
    While I never cared if Stannis sat the throne or was The Prince Who was Promised, I can easily see how his character was fucking assassinated by this show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I didn't read the books and I don't plan to anytime soon. I basing his character purely from the show and from the show's standpoint, his character has been in tact the entire series.
    The series is garbage and is a meme, first of all. More importantly, they (poorly) did the Jaime redemption arc there, too.

And that doesn't change the whole "I don't really care about the population of King's Landing, even though they were a factor in my decision to kill the Mad King" bit, which alone deserves massive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That's like saying a 2-1 football match is the same match every time.

I believe Shireen will burn in the books. I believe Hodor will "hold the door." I believe Dany will go mad in the books. How they get there is the whole. fucking. point. And they will not get there this way.
    It feels like cheap in a way, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I would expect Jon on the Iron Throne .
    Where would the new capital city be ? Winterfel ?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

The series is garbage and is a meme, first of all. More importantly, they (poorly) did the Jaime redemption arc there, too.

And that doesn't change the whole "I don't really care about the population of King's Landing, even though they were a factor in my decision to kill the Mad King" bit, which alone deserves massive criticism.
    A dude in this thread was saying Jaime's redemption arc was about to surpass Zuko's.

Where's that dude now? LMAO.

The series is garbage and is a meme, first of all.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I recommend not watching something you don't enjoy, that doesn't seem very enjoyable at all. :/
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You should not need to read the books to enjoy a Movie,Show or Video Game. It is a really dumb idea to expect people who have read the books to understand what is going on in the show.
    You shouldn't need to read the books, but that requires show runners that'll stick faithfully to the books themselves. D&D haven't done that, and it's absolutely no surprise that the show became garbage the minute they didn't have Martin handing them scaffolding.

I think it's a pipe dream that anybody sits on the Iron Throne now. Why would you even want it? King's Landing is essentially a ruin now, at least a good portion of it is. Everyone else has their own lands and keeps.

Where would the new capital city be ? Winterfel ?
    At this point the most logical solution would be to dissolve the Seven Kingdoms and let every single region be it's own independent domain.

''Let the Old Way return, brother.''

Some will get that.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2019-05-13 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I recommend not watching something you don't enjoy, that doesn't seem very enjoyable at all. :/
    I enjoyed the first four seasons. At this point I'm in it to dunk on Danyfans. I'm happy enough. The salt mining tonight has been great.

I'm sorry about your taste, though. Bad taste is something that just can't be changed.

Hound vs Brienne >>>>>>>> Cleganebowl

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I would expect Jon on the Iron Throne by the end but at the cost of Arya or Sansa with Daenery's possibly killing one, leaning towards Sansa for betrayal.
    I expect Jon will take the black, because even though no one will give a shit that he kills Dany, he will always consider himself a Queenslayer, and his only forgiveness will be back in the Watch, this time as a criminal, instead of a noble Lord's bastard.

10+ Year Old Account
    This feels like Dexter, with a higher budget.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    While I never cared if Stannis sat the throne or was The Prince Who was Promised, I can easily see how his character was fucking assassinated by this show.
    Most people don't care if he is either of the two things, it's his journey and how he went about it that got people so passionate.

LOL. Kinda enjoyed that. Kinda had me madly cackling along 'BUUUUURN THEM!!! BURN THEM ALLL!!!! Which I'm sure went down well with the neighbors at 4.am.

CleganeBowl was kinda fun. Qyburn death was hilarious. Whoever choreographed the fight between Jaime and Euron did a solid job, much better than many of the other 1on1's across the series. Look on Tyrion and Jon's faces when Dany decided to make Harrenhal look like amateur hour was fucking brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, there are so many problems, Arya, Jaime, the bad cinematography, the horse, the first 40 minutes is completely worthless but for what it was, a stupid hour of action with no real meaning... it was kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    At this point the most logical solution would be to dissolve the Seven Kingdoms and let every single region be it's own independent domain.
    I think that would be the best solution as well. But we have to get rid of Dany and all her supporters (the unsullied and Dothraki ) as I'm not sure how they will react knowing their queen was just murderer but Jon (or Arya). I'm interested in seeing how the writers play that scene out.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    LOL. Kinda enjoyed that. Kinda had me madly cackling along 'BUUUUURN THEM!!! BURN THEM ALLL!!!! Which I'm sure went down well with the neighbors at 4.am.

CleganeBowl was kinda fun. Qyburn death was hilarious. Whoever choreographed the fight between Jaime and Euron did a solid job, much better than many of the other 1on1's across the series. Look on Tyrion and Jon's faces when Dany decided to make Harrenhal look like amateur hour was fucking brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, there are so many problems, Arya, Jaime, the bad cinematography, the horse, the first 40 minutes is completely worthless but for what it was, a stupid hour of action with no real meaning... it was kinda fun.
    I actually feel like Jaime and Euron was the much better fight than Cleganebowl. Felt much more visceral.