10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Let's see, what happened to Dany.....
    She lost two dragons, which she called her children.
    She lost her two closest friends/advisors: Jorah, Missandei.
    She found out she didnt have the highest claim to the throne.
    She lost the (physical) love from Jon after he found out she is his aunt.
    She had to deal with an abundance of terror and death in the Winterfell battle.
    She was let down by Tyrion and betrayed by Varis, her remaining close advisors.
    She was never well received in the north in the first place: they didnt want her as queen, they didnt show gratitude for helping them against NK.
    And there's more I'm sure.
    Besides that she has shown to be ruthless against her enemies many times before. And she is a Targaryen who apparently have a history of going mad.

So, is it all that surpising that she lost it at King's Landing...??
    Not surprising to anyone that watched the show, saw the signs and knows the history of her family.

Just seems surprising to "Team Dany" who are all boohoo about her arc.

I heard a suggestion that the Iron Bank should "win" the Iron Throne. That indeed sounds more interesting than a retread of God Emperor of Dune. Feels like it'd fit right in. A huge amount of infrastructure in Westeros had been broken down and requisitioned for use and outright destroyed during the war, and the economy is in ruins due to war exhaustion and mismanagement. The bank has the resources to rebuild Westeros and their organization would be pretty stable, far more so than the feudal system. Jon prefers to serve, not to rule, and he'd probably be fine becoming a paladin who kept the world going, just like the paladins during the Crusades who were instrumental in handling bank notes as well as being chivalrous. Put Davos, Jaime, Brienne, Bronn, and Gendry in that slot too. The nobility of Westeros would also be more willing to acquiesce to the bank which was indifferent during the war rather than having to suck up years of hatred and bow their head to some guy they personally hate, so that'd smooth over relations as well. A bank takeover would also naturally lead in to a more democratic government over time, so there's you're high note ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    I don't know I feel like Bran will play a pivotal part in the prequel. It's inexplicable how the most powerful character in the show has been utterly useless. He did nothing to stop the Night King he knew what would happen but did nothing but bait the Night King. He knew Dany would flip like this and did nothing to stop her. Bran is just inexcusable and how D&D handled him.

This is the best looking episode hands down in my opinion.
    There are a lot of shows that drag on way too many seasons, and you can tell that they're just running on fumes, and jumped the shark years ago, and it leaves a stink on the series.

Game of Thrones is not one of those shows. This is one of those shows that actually demands many seasons to properly flesh out.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Even if the cripple Bran becomes king, there is still hope for a final twist involving the Night King. What if he is secretly controlling Bran through his mark? He is a NECROMANCER, necromancers in fantasy stories never die so easily and often pull strings from beyond the grave,
    qyburn creates better undead

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    qyburn creates better undead
    Qyburn isn't a better necromancer than the Night King simply because he created a physically stronger undead (which is debatable, I think a wight giant or Viserion could easily crush the Mountain). The NK simply chose quantity over quality. He doesn't give a shit about strong troops as the true power of his army lies in the sheer numbers, as was displayed perfectly at the Battle of Winterfell, where it was clearly shown just how overwhelming the forces of the undead where, to the point that towards the end of the episode the entire castle was swarmed with wights. Like locusts on a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Not surprising to anyone that watched the show, saw the signs and knows the history of her family.

Just seems surprising to "Team Dany" who are all boohoo about her arc.
    Bullshit. The list of horrible things she went through prior to all of that would be almost twice as long, but she didn’t go full on crazy eyes sociopath before. If anything she had been gaining more composure throughout the show as she matured and consolidated her power. No more shrieking about fire and blood like back in Essos before she learned more about her history.

You’re also an idiot if you think all the people criticizing her “arc” are Team Dany. Bad writing is bad writing regardless of how much you like or dislike a character. I’ve been expecting her to become a villain for years now. They set her up as someone who might go harder on burning prisoners or surrendering soldiers and the like. If they wanted to go with the Targaryen madness angle they could have actually done that by showing signs of developing mental illness (lashing out after a bad week isn’t Targaryen madness).

To recap:
    Burning prisoners or surrendering soldiers, really bad but something an angry Dany might do
    Massacring 100,000s of defenseless civilians AFTER the battle is over, Hitler levels of evil and not something that was foreshadowed for this character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    "When my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who have wronged me! We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground!"
    @Adamas102

I feel sorry for the Dany fanbois

"When my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who have wronged me! We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground!"

I actually like her more now that she went full apeshit on King's Landing. It was fun for me to see her turn into Daddy's girl and burn the whole city to the ground.

@Adamas102

Learn2read kiddo

Unless your argument is that Dany’s actual character “arc” was for her to suddenly go from victorious, mature, experienced ruler and revert back to petulant child from season 2/3

Or is that what you fans of Benioff and Weiss think is considered good writing and “foreshadowing”.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-05-14 at 08:01 PM.

In previous seasons her actions were ruthless and violent...against those that deserved it in such a harsh world. And she was "hero-ified" because it gave all the appearances of bringing some sense of justice to a world that sorely needed it. She wasn't killing for the sake of killing..then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Learn2read kiddo

Unless your argument is that Dany’s actual character “arc” was for her to suddenly go from victorious, mature, experienced ruler and revert back to petulant child from season 2/3

Or is that what you fans of Benioff and Weiss think is considered good writing and “foreshadowing”.
    I do not particularly like D&D, or how they will wrap this up in a rushed manner.

GRRM will have Dany go crazy as well. It has always been the intent, and the foreshadowing has been too big to ignore.
    I have no issue stating I am a fan of his writing.

It was almost too obvious for her to finally kill civilians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find it strange that we don't see Daenerys once she starts wrecking KL?

Would have been nice to see her frame of mind while doing what she did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Anyone else find it strange that we don't see Daenerys once she starts wrecking KL?

Would have been nice to see her frame of mind while doing what she did.
    Well GRRM will most likely do it in a way that makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Even if the cripple Bran becomes king, there is still hope for a final twist involving the Night King. What if he is secretly controlling Bran through his mark? He is a NECROMANCER, necromancers in fantasy stories never die so easily and often pull strings from beyond the grave,
    Well, another Night King will raise again maybe... one day.. after 1000years just like happen before when was killed by Azor Ahai.

So, for now the NK is gone...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    To recap:
    Burning prisoners or surrendering soldiers, really bad but something an angry Dany might do
    Massacring 100,000s of defenseless civilians AFTER the battle is over, Hitler levels of evil and not something that was foreshadowed for this character
    Except, as we've already provided specific examples to prove, it has been foreshadowed, multiple times, by Daenerys herself.

She either lacked the capacity to act on it before, or allowed cooler heads to prevail and talk her down, but the desire and intent has been clearly there and explicitly stated since mid-way through Season 2, at least.

Edit: I'll also note, this is specific foreshadowing, by Daenerys herself, in her own words. If you move beyond that, her entire family history speaks for itself, and completely supports her strategy, here. She's Aegon the Conqueror's great-great-something-granddaughter. This is exactly what he did, and he's the ancestor she looks up to the most.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-05-14 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they are generous i woudl go with :

80-80-20-20-5-..... (probably 0-5)

last 3 episodes were just plain garbage.
    Episode 1 and 2 were boring as hell tho, so 80 is pretty generous honestly

I do not particularly like D&D, or how they will wrap this up in a rushed manner.

GRRM will have Dany go crazy as well. It has always been the intent, and the foreshadowing has been too big to ignore.
    I have no issue stating I am a fan of his writing.

It was almost too obvious for her to finally kill civilians.
    Regardless if GRRM will have her go crazy, the problem is how she got there on the TV adaptation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Regardless if GRRM will have her go crazy, the problem is how she got there on the TV adaptation.
    She didn't "go crazy", in the show.

Her decision to torch King's Landing to ashes was entirely rational. She had come to realize that the people of Westeros would never love her, as a foreign conqueror, and so to retain control, they would have to fear her. This is how she sends that message.

The problem is that she's always been on the edge of making this kind of decision. Indeed, she arguably has, several times, it's just that her targets were terrible enough on their own merits that the audience chose to overlook her brutal savagery. There have been other times when she was about to make a similar decision, but voices like Tyrion and Varys managed to talk her down. The difference, here, is that she's decided those others are either wrong, or have betrayed her, and so she's going to do exactly what she wants to do.

Which is ensure that no one in Westeros will dare raise a hand against her rule, ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Well yes
    D&D wanted to hurry and go ruin Star Wars and had to squeeze in 4 seasons into 13 episodes

However I still think they had ample clues.

Which is an opinion, and it is OK to have different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Atleast for me based on their absolutely shitty execution of the last few seasons there is no way in hell I will go and see their star wars trilogy ... I won't watch anything from them again. Much like after LOST was over and was a joke, I will never watch something from Damen Lindelof or Carlton Cuse again either.
    "But I'll give J.J. Abrams a chance. He's not like the others at all. No sir!"