Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    You're forgetting the fact that the entire Unsullied and Dothraki didn't kill Jon instantly for killing their Queen.

But yes, let us let a prisoner give a long talk...
    Even though they butcher unarmed, surrendered guards last episode for killing Missandei

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    They literally pulled a "1 month latter" black screen trick after Jon killed Dany.
    I can’t believe they just completely skipped the immediate fall out of Jon killing Dany. Probably because they couldn’t come up with a reason why the Unsullied wouldn’t kill Jon right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Because economy-wise it makes sense for the six kingdoms to be one? The North however has always been a poor shit-hole..that contributed nothing to the realm money-wise..
    Westerlands are bankrupt, the Lannister mines have run dry. The Vale is just a giant rock.

Besides that, there's also the historical aspect. The fact of independence and resistance to numerous attempts at conquest has been a source of national pride in Dorne. Same goes for the Ironborn.

Because economy-wise it makes sense for the six kingdoms to be one? The North however has always been a poor shit-hole..that contributed nothing to the realm money-wise..
    Didn't Yara ask to be independent as well?

Tyrion was even there for that meeting

The Seven Kingdoms were only initially united under the fear of dragon riding Targs. It lasted 25 years after the last Targ king died. Once Dany is dead, there's literally no reason for these kingdoms to still be together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    They literally pulled a "1 month latter" black screen trick after Jon killed Dany.
    Which makes it even more ridiculous, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    i said season one to four, i didn't say season eight. First four seasons will not be topped by Lotr.
    It is, and was. Everything that happened in the first four seasons had no value because nothing of value happened in the end. There was no payoff.

If you think GoT is better than LotR after this fiasco, I have some Snake Oil to sell you reeaeaaal cheap. =D

Honestly that was the best way to end GoT. While Season 8 was meh that was a very fitting and perfectly fine ending for the series.

It was fine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post

Tyrion was even there for that meeting
    Yes, but she wanted the ironborn to start trading since the old ways are done..she is not like her foolish father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    I don't think so, but she did state her support for our true Queen, until saying aye to Bran.

I'll play closer attention when I watch it again, I was face palming too much at that point.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate how they only showed where they ended up, I wanted to see future Westeros. Old Jon, rebuilt King's Landing, a brief scene of what's beyond Westeros with Arya, etc. Disappointing that they didn't do something like that.

the starks won the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    It is, and was. Everything that happened in the first four seasons had no value because nothing of value happened in the end. There was no payoff.

If you think GoT is better than LotR after this fiasco, I have some Snake Oil to sell you reeaeaaal cheap. =D
    Season 1-4 are judged by their own merit, how they were done n received, not how other, later, seasons were done n received.

Lotr will be a mess I have no doubt, that writing doesn't translate well into a tv show, the best one could have hoped for was those movies with enough eye-candy thrown at the viewer..I can't see Lotr dragging on for several seasons n manage not to bore me..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    I really hate how they only showed where they ended up, I wanted to see future Westeros. Old Jon, rebuilt King's Landing, a brief scene of what's beyond Westeros with Arya, etc. Disappointing that they didn't do something like that.
    Well the planet is a globe, so what's west of Westeros is Essos.

Although, there could be a land like the Americas.

Don't be surprised if one of the shows being made is Arya exploring what's west.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    the starks won the game.
    Without even playing it well, which is hilarious.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Welp... what a shitty season imo.... could have been worse I guess?
    How could it possibly have been worse than this? They built up queen dragontits for 8 seasons just to make her bad guy n hand over kingdoms to wikipedia..

I guess I kind of like Drogon decided to burn the Iron Throne rather than Jon. Kind of shows he knew it was the real enemy in all of this. But I don't think anyone is really looking for anything deep in these episodes.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-05-20 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Tyrion told that to Danaerys and then to Jon.
    Nope.

Tyrion just complains to her that she "slaughtered a city", he says nothing of the fact that they had already surrendered.
    In the dialogue between Tyrion and Jon even Jon tries to justify the slaughter as "Cersei left her no choice", no mention of the surrender. Tyrion characterizes it as "The moment the gates fell the battle was over." no mention of the surrender from him either.
    In her final scene with Jon she tries to justify her actions because "She used their innocence as a weapon against me." but that's plainly bullshit after they've surrendered.

All in all it looks like they were trying to go with a more ambiguous "shades of grey" burning of King's Landing from the dialogue but instead we got a shitshow in episode 5.

Pulled this quote out of a FB post

"It was like Game of Thrones died giving birth to so many other stories, like Arya in the west, Sansa queen in the north, Grey Worm rising and Jon snow beyond the walls...and I'm sure we will see a lot of this TV shows in the very near future."

100% agree and believe it's a good thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I guess I kind of like Drogon decided to burn the Iron Thrones rather than Jon. Kind of shows he knew it was the real enemy in all of this. But I don't think anyone is really looking for anything deep in these episodes.
    That is one positive.