Deleted

[TV/Books] Game of Thrones ***SPOILER Discussion***

Mod edit: Spoiler tags aren't necessary in this thread. It's actually preferred if you please don't use them as the big chunks of black blocks are rather distracting.

If you haven't read the books, it's greatly recommended that you use the spoiler free thread.

Well since I've seen a few complaints on the main thread, I figure that those of us who have read the books and want to discuss possible scenarios appearing in the TV without spoiling it for those who haven't read the books or seen the current episodes.

Spoiler tags are not to be used in this thread. Attempts to use them to troll or annoy other users can and will result in infractions.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2016-06-18 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    excellent idea my good man It's been..... tricky to say the least to comment in the other thread without spoiling it for people, as I fucking HATE when people spoil things for me in a series, I would really hate to be the guy who does that for someone else :S

SO! on with the epic discussion!

OMG Can't wait for episode 6! Viserys was SUCH a douche in the latest ep (but OMG what a comeback...) that I just can't wait to see him get crowned
    and when does the Knight of Flowers make his grand entrance? I thought it was during the Hands tournament, but I guess I was wrong :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The show really shortened up the tournament, I wonder if we will see the drunk King have to be talked out of participating in the melee?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you guys not seen any previews from before?
    They show Loras unhorsed on the ground and Gregor and Sandor fighting. There is also the scene where Robert is drunk trying to get into his armor and Ned tells him he's too fat. That is most likely when he tries to enter the melee.

The tourney will be in the next episode.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda hoping it will carry on next week, I mean, it didn't really FINISH it just... cut off, so maybe next week it'll pick up, with all the bits we remember
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I can't wait for Viserys to get crowned!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, the bad part about the tourney is that Thoros was not castes this season? So we won't see him waving his flaming sword around in the melee. =(

Unless they do it with an extra and just don't show his face, which would be fine by me.

@Trollsbane, Good to know, I haven't actually watched any previews, I like to play a little game with myself where I try to guess what the next episode will entail and what the iconic last scene will be. I got Bran falling for ep 1, I guessed lady's death for ep 2, I'll give myself that one even though Bran waking was the last. Was completely off for ep 3, got Tyrion's arrest right for ep 4.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the guess for 5?

Does anyone else really hope that they don't cut out Sansa and The Hounds scenes completely? They were some of my favorites in the book, and they already got rid of one. v.v

I was pretty disappointed that they gave the lines the Hound said in the books to Littlefinger. It just doesn't have the same effect. Also the tournament looked kind of...cheap. I expected something more grandiose, like in a Knights Tale.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd be cutting out some very crucial things if they did that.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they will add something between them at the end of the season. They really don't have that much interaction in book one. It's mostly book 2 if I remember correctly.

But yeah, without the hound teaching Sansa what a "real" knight is, and the way the real world works, I'd be upset. The little bird must sing a song.

My guess for 5 is focus on Arya chasing cats, the scene in the dungeon, Jon taking the oath, Ghost finding the corpse, and end scene is Jon lighting the drapes on fire in the Lord Commander's office, but tbh I think I am skipping too far ahead in the book. Secondary guess will be the Mountains of the Moon/Eyrie beginning scene, either them getting attacked on the way up or Tyrion being thrown in the sky cell.

As we get further in I am having a harder time remembering the order things happened in the book, so guessing is getting harder.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

I wonder how the people who haven't read the books will perceive the mass death count in the end of season 1. People tend to connect to man characters in TV shows. Until now everything was nice and "adventurous", but I think many people might quit watching the show when the things get ugly.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-10 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have faith that the new heroes rising with fix that. Jon, Dany, and Rob all get bumped pretty well by the end. Not to mention people will want to see Lannister blood! Lol

Oh, and the children. I think they will keep people watching to see what happens with Arya when she's taken towards the watch at the beheading. Or what will Sansa do now that everything backfired on her? Wtf is Bran up to? Etc.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-05-10 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest they don't watch the Red Wedding then... allbeit thats not this season, but i'd really like to see how they'll do that

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I wonder how the people who haven't read the books will perceive the mass death count in the end of season 1. People tend to connect to man characters in TV shows. Until now everything was nice and "adventurous", but I think many people might quit watching the show when the things get ugly.
    Good Point.

I watched the first three episodes without ever knowing what the show was based on. After watching episode three, I did research, and my curiosity got the best of me as I skimmed the wiki page and realized that most of the characters that I was developing an interest in are all dead by the last episode, except for Tyrion Lannister.

I wonder if I should read the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Not to mention people will want to see Lannister blood! Lol
    Why ? The Lannisters are interesting (except Joffrey but we all know what happens to him in book 3).

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont get me wrong. Jamie and Tyrion are 2 of my favorite characters. But towards the end of this season, we see Jamie attack and kill Neds men, and break Neds leg; Cersei's still an evil witch, and Joffrey just killed Ned and wants Sansa to kiss the severed head.

Non book readers will want them dead. Many already do.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    Good Point.

I watched the first three episodes without ever knowing what the show was based on. After watching episode three, I did research, and my curiosity got the best of me as I skimmed the wiki page and realized that most of the characters that I was developing an interest in are all dead by the last episode, except for Tyrion Lannister.

I wonder if I should read the books.
    People tend to like the most boring characters like Ned, and the author don't really like them and kills them. Most of the interesting characters like Tyrion or Daenerys will be fine. There is even a point in the book when a boring character gets killed and then resurrected as more "interesting"

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Dont get me wrong. Jamie and Tyrion are 2 of my favorite characters. But towards the end of this season, we see Jamie attack and kill Neds men, and break Neds leg; Cersei's still an evil witch, and Joffrey just killed Ned and wants Sansa to kiss the severed head.

Non book readers will want them dead. Many already do.
    That's because the viewers follow a straightforward line between "good" and "evil" which just doesn't work in this show.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-10 at 09:04 AM.