varys death still makes me facepalm at how stupidly rushed it was like the whole season.

Dany turning from overzealous ruler into hilter into the spawn of 2 episodes gave everyone whiplash including the actors themselves.

but varys omg, what were they thinking. "He dies to show how bad dany is" but lets have her burn down a city to show how bad she is.

The season is a cluster fuck omg

Quote Originally Posted by Marfrilau View Post
    Considering "subverting expectations" is usually a term used in a negative manner I highly doubt that fans loved it because of that...
    Everything about this season was predictable except the ease by which the Night King was killed and Bran taking the throne. If you thought Daenerys wasn't going to die this season and take the throne, you weren't paying attention or forgot what show you are watching. The problem is that they only set up her death over the course of the last three episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because the show wanted a singular villain for the audience to react to and to drive the story while GRRM doesn't like that sort of thing.
    This sounds legit. I really wish they did more with the white walkers, but i guess this new series they are filming will center more around it and the leaf girls (i forget their name)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my work, but found this amusing. Westeros is a sim of Westworld.

I think Euron, Sam and Arya are guests. Euron for the reasons you explained, Arya because she's OP and unkillable (and notice how a random host saves her during the stampede at KL) and at the end she unlocked a new "West" expansion pack, and Sam because he also should've died a dozen times (notice how the dead don't harm him even while he's sitting there crying, and hosts like Edd go out of their way to save him).

Now, what happened during season 8 was definitely a park-wide malfunction. The Dany host failed to interpret the sound of the bells as her trigger to stand down and instead destroyed the city. The Jon host had been glitching for a while, only able to repeat certain phrases like "She's muh queen" and "Ah dun want it" over and over again. The Jaime host totally malfunctioned and instead of completing his plot of killing Cersei ended up actually murdering a guest (Euron) in the process.

Bran, of course, is the only A.I. that achieved sentience (when he warged during the Long Night he was actually seeing the main code and altering it). He manipulated all the other hosts to vote "aye" for him as king even though it made no sense.

And of course, Pod is one of the most in-demand sex-bots in the park.

For the Euron explained part https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...as_ended_lets/

10+ Year Old Account
    Euron has been from alt dimension in my head anyway. I like the comment in that thread about the coffee cups and water bottles.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Dont know if this has been posted yet, but truely, thread/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    varys death still makes me facepalm at how stupidly rushed it was like the whole season.

Dany turning from overzealous ruler into hilter into the spawn of 2 episodes gave everyone whiplash including the actors themselves.

but varys omg, what were they thinking. "He dies to show how bad dany is" but lets have her burn down a city to show how bad she is.

The season is a cluster fuck omg
    WTB Blackfyre plot!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Game of Throne Fans: What we love about GoT is how they subvert expectations.

Also GoT Fans: Season 8 was terrible because it did not go like I expected.

That being said, season 8 was clearly rushed and they needed at least 2 more full 10 episode seasons to build the character archs in a way that made sense for how they ended. However, I don't think it was nearly as bad as everyone seems to think it was.
    THey needed 2-3 more seasons. They left alot of important plot lines out that really harm the final product. Primarily a good dornish plot, and the blackfyre plot were missing. And this isn't including Lady Stoneheart, or how important house Manderly and White Harbor is to the north.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to say this. Lena Hedy really does deserve recognition for playing one of the most hated characters in TV or Cinema History. She breathed life into Cersei which its now difficult to imagine anyone else playing her. Also Maisie Williams also deserves recognition. When she is given a chance to act she can really knock it out of the park, like her early scenes with Charles Dance, or playing off the Hound a season later. I don't think D&D knew what to do with her once she was in Bravos and the really ruined a chance with using her correctly. I think that Emilia Clark can do a good job playing crazy fortunately. The only issue was the pacing of it. They really could have benefited as mentioned by everyone with brain cells that more seasons were needed to properly pace the show. One final thing. D&D did an excellent job in adapting the screen play from the books. And if I was looking for someone to show run with information already being available and just adapting it I would hire them in a heart beat. I also wouldn't let them play with anything that they create themselves. Once there framework they are working off of disappears, they go listless and inconsistent and the quality really suffers.

"Narcissist dating a narcissist, how to make it work"

Who would want to read that?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    The critical and fan backlash toward Game of Thrones‘ final season has reached new levels of resentment, with the show’s finale garnering an all-time-low IMDb score of 4.4/10. This compared with an average 9.1/10 in previous seasons.

After episode five of season eight, “The Bells,” disgruntled fans even went so far as to launch a petition to rewrite season eight in its entirety. The petition has since been signed by more than a million people.

But Kit Harington, who played Jon Snow in the show, has a message for some of the more vocal critics, telling Esquire, “I think no matter what anyone thinks about this season — and I don’t mean to sound mean about critics here — but whatever critic spends half an hour writing about this season and makes their judgment on it, in my head they can go fuck themselves. ’Cause I know how much work was put into this.”
    https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/game-...gton-reaction/

I'm sure season 8 was a lot of work.

Sadly effort doesnt mean quality.

Hell I'd give my all playing for manchester utd, doesnt mean im capable of being a professional football player.

5+ Year Old Account
    Jon Snow knows nothing.

Was this posted before?
    Tyrion's full joke from the GoT finale

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I'm sure season 8 was a lot of work.

Sadly effort doesnt mean quality.

Hell I'd give my all playing for manchester utd, doesnt mean im capable of being a professional football player.
    Oh yeah, I'm sure it was a lot of work compared to say... your average reality show... but in comparison to previous seasons, it was clearly rushed and "something" interfered with the writing... whatever that may be.

I've seen worse finales/final seasons... but as far as this show goes, I think it may have been better off had it ended last season.

Is tyrion King of the north because he was married to Sansa?

15+ Year Old Account
    Tyrion should have gone north with Sansa and she should have been popping out ginger midgets. I didn't like the fact that they were separated in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Tyrion should have gone north with Sansa and she should have been popping out ginger midgets. I didn't like the fact that they were separated in the end.
    Omg he could have got down on a knee when they were in the crypts together!!!!

Tyrion was never officially married to Sansa because it was never consummated.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I wonder, now that the NK and the Walkers are gone, if the True North will have any kind of thaw?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I wonder, now that the NK and the Walkers are gone, if the True North will have any kind of thaw?
    Well there seemed to be trees and whatnot beyond the wall.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well there seemed to be trees and whatnot beyond the wall.
    well there always were, i mean more going towards back like it was with the Children and being near evergreen.