Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can't get above 10-12k HPS

Hello all,

I play both disc/holy and I cannot for the life of me fathom how people are getting 14-18k HPS on fights in 10m on WoL. On easy fights, like Magmaw, even while 2 healing it I was at about 13kHPS and our druid was at ~15k HPS and we had everyone topped off.

On hard fights, like Cho'gall, if I get really high in HPS I run out of mana before phase 2.

I am submitting my armory and logs that I appear in. Note in the logs for Cho'gall that these are wipes and I typically spend ~30 seconds running around in attempt to die last (so I can mass res during SoR).

Feel free to critique. Be as harsh as you wish. I know my shoulder enchant is subpar and that I need to change the spirit>mastery reforge.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gaies/advanced

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/109563/calendar/03-11/
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/109563/calendar/04-11/
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/109563/calendar/05-11/

Deleted
    If you can easily 2heal the fight without problems at lower HPS it is better right?

Make your raiders stand in the fire more.

You are approaching this all wrong.

Absolute numbers don't matter as there is only a fixed amount of damage going out, more gear won't increase the damage taken and while it might allow you to steal away more of the healing if your co healers are gearing up they'll increase in proportion. If you feel you're always last and not pulling weight then that's different and one people here actually can help with.

Deleted
    Pretty much what deevicoos says. Healing is not dps, and maxing out HPS is nothing a healer should strive for. As long as the boss goes down, you are doing your job. If you really want to push yourself to the limits, either bring a low-geared healer along with you (so that you need to more or less carry him/her) or solo heal selected encounters.

I would love to see what the overhealing is for those healers in 10man who are pulling so much. Refer to deevicoos, the bosses don't increase their DPS, if anything their DPS declines with time, meaning the EFFECTIVE healing you do will decline as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jifjosh View Post
    I would love to see what the overhealing is for those healers in 10man who are pulling so much. Refer to deevicoos, the bosses don't increase their DPS, if anything their DPS declines with time, meaning the EFFECTIVE healing you do will decline as well.
    you can see overhealing on wol, not only from raw healing but also from absorbs. you can pick logs, fight, go dashboard -> analyze -> healing done, and if you mouse over the overhealing of a given player, you will even see the spells which he/she overhealed with.

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    you can see overhealing on wol, not only from raw healing but also from absorbs. you can pick logs, fight, go dashboard -> analyze -> healing done, and if you mouse over the overhealing of a given player, you will even see the spells which he/she overhealed with.
    Oh, I know that, I was just being lazy XD

Hpriests have a monopoly on Chim, but that's due to the nature of the fight (both little overhealing, and max effectiveness of our mastery) They all used a ton of POH, so all you have to do is start chaining that and you win the meters. Does that mean you did a better job? Not necessarily.

You reference Magmaw with 2 healers, check the top ranked healer for 10N. It's actually a rDruid solo healing with the help of two spriests. He's at 21k and under 23% overheal.
    Last edited by jifjosh; 2011-05-10 at 01:17 PM. Reason: I can't read overheal numbers.

Deleted
    You can inflate numbers quite badly on wol, so be careful to judge those numbers. Most of the time high rank on wol meant ur raid stood in fire and you somehow managed to survive it. For every 1 of those records you have, you have 100 wipes though.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-05-10 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You can inflate numbers quite badly on wol, so be careful to judge those numbers. Most of the time high rank on wol meant ur raid stood in fire and you somehow managed to survive it. For every 1 of those records you have, you have 100 wipes though.
    This is how wol rankings really go. Yes some of those dps and heals are really good, however alot of them get boosted through special mechanics and use of pots and buffs (Power infusion, dark intent, unholy frenzy, etc.)
    I am not bipolar. I am bi-winning. I win here, I win there. I am always winning. Duh

Quote Originally Posted by Nabstar View Post
    This is how wol rankings really go. Yes some of those dps and heals are really good, however alot of them get boosted through special mechanics and use of pots and buffs (Power infusion, dark intent, unholy frenzy, etc.)
    What I wanna know is how this Enhance Shaman got 120k on Halfus10N: http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play..._Twilight/dps/

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah meters, it's sad that the game has been reduced to the love of them for so many people.
    Lore, mechanics, cinematic cut scenes, these take a back seat to a tiny little window with various numbers in it.
    Boss is dead, loot drops who cares? Flash me 'em meters please...

Victory in recount trumps defeating a giant dragon. Another fun day in the World of Metercraft.

15+ Year Old Account
    HPS doesn't mean a lot unless your assigned targets die to unavoidable damage or you need to use excessive amount of healers.
    HPS is easily boosted by bad play (taking more damage), using low number of healers.
    Story of my top 10 wol parse on Council normal: we did it with achievement (only 1 blue pool in p2), that means a shit ton of raid damage. We had 2 healers. Does this make me a super good healer? Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by jifjosh View Post
    What I wanna know is how this Enhance Shaman got 120k on Halfus10N: http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play..._Twilight/dps/
    If you look at damage done by spell the logs were glitched. It shows him using every move of every class. He did not do that much dps.
    I am not bipolar. I am bi-winning. I win here, I win there. I am always winning. Duh

Yes..I am just efficient..thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wtfpwndd View Post
    Hello all,

I play both disc/holy and I cannot for the life of me fathom how people are getting 14-18k HPS on fights in 10m on WoL. On easy fights, like Magmaw, even while 2 healing it I was at about 13kHPS and our druid was at ~15k HPS and we had everyone topped off.

On hard fights, like Cho'gall, if I get really high in HPS I run out of mana before phase 2.

I am submitting my armory and logs that I appear in. Note in the logs for Cho'gall that these are wipes and I typically spend ~30 seconds running around in attempt to die last (so I can mass res during SoR).

Feel free to critique. Be as harsh as you wish. I know my shoulder enchant is subpar and that I need to change the spirit>mastery reforge.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gaies/advanced

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/109563/calendar/03-11/
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/109563/calendar/04-11/
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/109563/calendar/05-11/
    Multiple reasons 1 being your not in 4pc so your regen isnt nearly as amazing as it will be. I note you reforging your spirit O.O dont do that. I really dont understand your reforging, sometimes its mastery sometimes its haste but you dont have an abundance of either??? I promise you that you wont get enough haste in this tier of content to increase your sniping ability on healing. Go w/ mastery get an assload of it. You will see an improvement but if your doing 10m w/ 3 heals and your hitting 12k who cares meng your doing fine. Dont worry about stacking up against 10m normal Logs, know why? It's usually people in alot better gear than what you have and doing LOG whoring. Ive done it still ranked on 25m normal omnitron have logged druid in months.

In conclusion your healing seems capable and aslong as your raid isnt dead then your doing your job. If your disc/Holy you really should be heavy on mastery you will notice a big difference. Use your timers and Key your heals as raid dmg is coming. Watch your PoM. I really do hope your not running that low mastery in disc as your bubbles will be as good as a holy priests.

Questions i have for you? You have no 500+ professions have you thought about getting some crafting professions directly enhance your stats.
    What are you using when playing Holy Innerwill or Innerfire? Innerfire is alot better for Holy and if your Tank healing as disc innerfire is also better.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2011-05-10 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Exactly - take records with a grain of salt. From the numbers you show, you seem to be doing great with the gear you have. Also take into account the overheal amount since rDruids and hPaladins are notorious for inflating healing meters with overheals. If your raid is not dying and you're 2-healing some raid content, where is the problem?
    Disc/Shadow Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Stuff
    Yeah I was stacking mastery but I thought maybe I could get a higher HPS through spamming PoH with Haste but its been about the same. The Spirit>Mastery was a relic of my mastery stacking that I apparently missed. I'll go back to Mastery as you suggest.

I always use Inner Fire. I don't see IW as a viable spell. Maybe its good for 25m shield spamming or high mobility moments but there's no situation where I move so much that I find IW useful.

For professions, that's next on my list. I spent all of my dough gearing this char and a DK but I'm slowly making it back and intend to max Inscription and probably Enchanting. They give buffs and I could use them as part of my money making scheme.

Thank you for the comments everyone.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All aboard the redundancy train.
    As previous posters have said, numbers aren't everything.
    For example, when my old guild first started raiding, we rolled three healers on normal 10M Magmaw. I was pulling 14k HPS and it didn't amount to squat, because people simply weren't handling the mechanics. Fast forward to today, when my competent guild has 10M Magmaw on farm, we two-heal it and if I have to break 11k HPS, it's probably a wipe.
    Same for five-mans. I'll pull 15k HPS on a bad High Priestess Kilnara fight. A good one? Maybe 8k HPS.
    Success is always > numbers.
    Also, in response to an above poster, I disagree with all this "Inner Fire is the shiznit" talk.
    Yes, the throughput may increase your HPS, but you'll oom faster, as well. I LOVE Inner Will for the movement speed, but the 15% mana cost reduction on instant casts (see CoH, PoM, Chakra Serenity, Renew, Desperate Prayer and Power Word: Shield) cannot be overstated in its importance.
    Finally, the above posters are correct about mastery. It can be amazing for us holy priests. For five-mans, I stacked haste to the lolrenewcap (extra tick) unbuffed, not just for the tick, but because I like firing off my heals fast, as my mana is usually not a problem. For raiding, I reforged a lot of that to mastery, since echo of light is awesome in a raid environment. You'll likely hit haste cap due to raid buffs, but that's a preference thing. Really, how fast do you want heals to go out. Because, really, the extra tick of renew is almost always overhealing in a raid environment, because other healers will not wait for those ticks (or have time to look for them) if they are healing common targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabstar View Post
    If you look at damage done by spell the logs were glitched. It shows him using every move of every class. He did not do that much dps.
    This isn't bugged logs. This means someone did a find a replace on the names of every other player in the log, and then uploaded it. The combat log doesn't bug like this, ever. This is just straight up cheating the system.

Well, ppl complain about numbers,,, numbers count even if ppl dislike them, starting from the damage u can avoid and finishing with ur overheal and ur healing done. They feed epeens?; yes, but ,,they help with our improvement ? yes.

What I do and works wonderful, is prehot 2 partys 7 seconds before certain aoes. Only thing u need to know is when this spells are landing on the raid, Magmaw: Lava Splew, Maloriak: Scorching Blast, etc,,,,, If you aren't familiar with the timers, try BigWigs, and "Super emphasize" all the big aoes that u can setup a pre-renew cast, mostly, it should be 1 per boss.

Things u must have in mind:

Inner will on the prehot, 1 sec before the aoe switch to Inner Fire for more healing throughput with the PoH's, don't cast 2 times in row PoH on the same party, group 1, group 2, back to 1, etc, let Echoes of light and the Glyph of PoH do their work. Don't forget mending.

For every 2 renew ticks on each person x5(aka 1 prehotted party), is like a 50% extra PoH cast on each party (around 3.5k-3.8k plus some crits), just imagine 2 prehotted partys while casting 1 PoH (tick time is around the same as a PoH casting), u will be having the healing throughput of PoHx2 for at least 2 or 3 PoH's casts.

Plus and never forget this, , always keep an eye on the tank and dont ignore ppl at very low hp cuz u was prehotting-spamming PoH and you don't wanna ruin ur hps,, the real healer job is keep ppl alive efficiently, not topping the healing charts,,,,,,, low hps suck, but dead ppl suck even more.

And ppl on WoLs have Power infusion, Dark intent, innervates, volcanic pots, they solo aoe healing even with other healers, etc, focus on you, not on wol.

Edit: Start with one party, two partys maybe is too much if u are getting started with this, step by step, even better, start prehotting tank, offtank and yourself!.

Sorry for the bad engrish.

cheers.
    Last edited by Chora; 2011-05-11 at 12:27 AM.