Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dragonwrath stats - Anyone else ticked off by the stats?

I mean, crit? Really? I know I am sounding greedy here, but how many caster specs (besides mages) actually value crit over haste?

Some people will whine about everything... I mean come on with reforging you will 60% of that into haste

Okay fine. Next time you just don't get a legendary if all you can do is complain! Then we give it to tanks, put mastery and dodge on it and none of them can complain! Hehehe or we put expertise and hit on it trollololol.

No seriously. Stop complaining - it's unreasonable. If you don't like it, then pass it to the mage, I'm sure he's more than happy. Actually I think every reasonable player would be happy to get their hands on the staff, just reforge away a bit of the unwanted stat and pewpew away.

I guess OP is afraid a mage will now get priority for the first staff because of stats.
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-05-11 at 07:09 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you hear? It's a mage weapon.

Who knows, they may cleverly make it so that you aim for a legendary with different stats. Doubt it, but they did say that it isn't final...
    For the Alliance!

You could always not use it...but I bet when you have the chance to put that orange staff in your hands you will forget all about that cirt...

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of haste is somewhat strange......in a world without reforging.

The proc haven't released yet so we don't have the whole picture to make useful comments

I love the stats =P, and yes im a mage xD

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!

I like the fact that casters are complaining cause they get a Legendary... just stfu and dont complain.
    Look back with shadowmourne.. It has armor pen. and it was still BiS for paladins and they were doing insane dmg with it...
    So ?.. Stop qq , you can get a legendary , move on`

No, the staff will go to me regardless, but I see noone has been able to answer my question yet, if more caster specs value crit over haste then vice versa then it's a legitimate stat choice, if not, then it kind of baffles me.

The stats make it more likely to go to a mage, barring a useful proc for someone else. Proc will probably be each direct dmg spell crit has X chance to add a charge, at 10 charges, you transform into a dragon for 15s. Thus afflic locks and s priests will be screwed.
    Last edited by DraconusIX; 2011-05-11 at 07:14 AM.

Yo PTR is PTR...

Quote Originally Posted by Tregan View Post
    Some people will whine about everything... I mean come on with reforging you will 60% of that into haste
    40% actually.

this will be the worst legendary they've released...no proc, just stats...at the least they could have had a few different versions of it so it applied to each class. Now it will be replaced before this pathetic excuse of an xpac is over

just another strike against cata...i think that's about 4 now

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    (besides mages)
    Carefull what you say. Only fire mages prio crit. As it looks now atleast im playing arcane 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by schale View Post
    this will be the worst legendary they've released...no proc, just stats...at the least they could have had a few different versions of it so it applied to each class. Now it will be replaced before this pathetic excuse of an xpac is over

Those aren't the final stats. It WILL have a proc. How good the proc will be will remain to be seen.

Legendary isn't even finalized, they've already said there will be a proc but it can't be datamined at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    "Not using it" isn't an option. It's going to be higher item level than anything else available by a significant value so, just like the helm and cloak from sinestra, you'll want it no matter what the secondary stats actually are. As for the crit... I thought fire mages were the only caster spec that actually wanted it (I rarely pay attention to arcane so that could be the second spec that likes crit). Frost has Fingers of Frost, Ele Shaman and Balance Druids have guaranteed crit mechanics and warlocks... no, we don't really like crit.

There will be a proc; we just need to wait and see what it is.
    Well that's what I was curious about, I will use the staff, and certainly be thankfull for getting it, but it just seemed weird to me, guess my wording was a bit unfortunate.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 07:17 AM ----------

"The great staff duplicates destructive magics, and also bestows upon its wielder the ability to transform into a member of the Blue Dragonflight."

O'RLY?

10+ Year Old Account

Are you that dumb that you can't understand that this is an early version of it and that there is a chance of a legendary with no proc?
    Are you that dumb tell me.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you rather have, a chance at a legendary weapon, or a weapon with haste and no legendary weapon? Not to mention 3 sockets and reforging... I am sure your stat priority will be alright.
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2011-05-11 at 07:22 AM.

It is crit because straight up haste would make it a bit over the top powerful in boosting your characters stats. Crit makes it a partially randomly powerful weapon, while haste makes it a consistently powerful weapon.

Also it will most likely have an extra effect, a proc or something, they just do not want to make it public yet what that is. People complaining about the lack of a proc should really learn the motto: "It's on the PTR, therefore it is not final".