Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Rift Advertisements...

Its really getting obnoxious and annoying... if I click anywhere outside of the normal areas on wowhead or Mmo-champ I get taken to Rift's mainpage.... I don't understand why they have to use the full backround and clickableness things, are they really paying that much?

Examples if you haven't seen the wowhead or mmochamp homepages (lol)
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...ht/wowhead.png
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...t/mmochamp.png

Deleted
    Adblock Plus.

And fixed. Me not blocking your ads is a privilege. Pester me with annoying ads, try to coax me to go somewhere I didn't intend to, and you're gone.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ptci84.jpg

Deleted
    i dont see anything bad about it to be honest....

15+ Year Old Account
    You realize Wowhead has been doing that sort of advertising with many, many things before, right? Same with MMO-C. It's a viable revenue campaign because it gets heavy hits based on misclicks as you stated. Don't hate it, be smarter. I haven't clicked them a single time.

Deleted
    I can agree with you aswell but get Adblock as Choww said.

The reason why they have it is because they wanna earn money and I guess Rift pays well to get the advertisement on the website because there are loads of people that visit this site to read and check changes.

Deleted
    1. Get AdBlock
    2. ???
    3. Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it ironic actually.

This site always trolls other mmo's even though its named mmo champion, as in all mmo's.

Now its being trolled lol.

Deleted
    wow, so THAT is what the website looks like without NoScript and AdBlock?
    Remind me to never visit the website without it again...

15+ Year Old Account
    Whitelisting certain sites isn't exactly bad. I whitelist a handful of sites that I support, because without the ad revenue, they wouldn't be able to do what they do nearly as efficiently.

However, obnoxious ads are a bit offputting.

I'm always surprised to see how bad sites I frequent look with Adblock off. Being able to right click and ignore Wowhead's ads that cheese me off is SO nice.

I've never heard of adblock, looks like I need to pick it up.

That's absolutely hilarious, glad I use AdBlock.

And nothing of value was lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trion is buying that much advertisement space, why should we be upset? Don't click on the link and they don't gain your money now do they?
    v you dun got goofed bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broheals View Post
    I guess you have a job with blizzard... Oh no wait you do better stuff than blizzard! Well done love it, I must see more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I cut out bits from Hamlet and pasted them together in another book. I'm a better author than Shakespeare!

10+ Year Old Account
    What Advertisements?! D:

FireFox + Adblock Plus.

Adblock here I come, cause good god, that was a metric crap ton of "HERE PLAY SOME RIFT AND CLICK ON ME I DARE YOU"

Holy crap - I <3 AdBlock +
    Last edited by Reemix; 2011-05-11 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Because this is awesome

Well now the clickable areas to the sides of the MMO main page just looks stupid, and it's really detracting from the forum as a whole. I know you guys need revenue to keep going, but that doesn't mean you need to whore your website out like this. :-/

Google Chrome or Firefox + AdBlock = Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    wow, so THAT is what the website looks like without NoScript and AdBlock?
    Remind me to never visit the website without it again...
    Indeed, I've been using AdBlock for so long that most of the times I have no idea what people complain about when I see a title like this topic's :O

It's funny, You clearly go to these sites you enjoy, then complain about the resources they have to use to keep their site up, I personally sometimes click an Ad here or there to support them.