Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.2 Skinning change

* Players can no longer skin corpses already being actively skinned or looted by other players

Yeah, nice job Blizz. Remove the one thing that was good about Skinning. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Tigor View Post
    * Players can no longer skin corpses already being actively skinned or looted by other players

Getting your skins stolen by a Worgen Druid?

I think that it means you can't skin something while someone else is already in the process of skinning and that you also can't skin if they have the loot window open.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigor View Post

The one good thing about skinning was being able to ninja skin?

This is likely only to resolve the problem of Worgen chars being able to follow people around and skin their mobs before the non-worgen would ever have a chance of skinning themselves.

It's not saying that you cannot skin someone elses kill, just that they can't be currently skinning or in the looting animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    Getting your skins stolen by a Worgen Druid?
    Perhaps he is a worgen druid

Good change. Worgens were ninja'ing skins all over.

Deleted
    I would rage every time I have some worgen player rock up to my crockolisk farming to steal my skins

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be like this since day 1 same with alchemy, getting your leather/herb stolen by a druid was fun?
    Whatever, whiners gonna whine even if they got legendaries in their mails
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-05-11 at 08:05 AM.

Ah, I thought it meant not being able to skin mobs that were looted by other players.
    Nevermind then, good change

Deleted
    I'm glad that it's only when they are looting and stuff. Skinning is a majorly dull gathering profession for Savage Leather. Being able to harvest Crocs and Spiders from Tol Barad after they've been killed by non-skinners was what made it bearable. I'm glad the change won't screw that up for me.

Deleted
    Im reading like this

Players can no longer skin corpses looted by other players
    See the "or"

Deleted
    Then - What about tauren druids and herbs? Or did I miss such change?

10+ Year Old Account
    how about they change the herb one as well T_T nothing more getting to a herb and a tauren being like OHH HAII

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drulz View Post
    I think that it means you can't skin something while someone else is already in the process of skinning and that you also can't skin if they have the loot window open.
    That is how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos44 View Post
    Im reading like this

Players can no longer skin corpses looted by other players
    See the "or"
    "being actively skinned or looted." in other words, someone can't run up and steal your skins if you're still in the process of looting them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drulz View Post
    This is not how I read it. Seeing how you can't skinn until the corpse has been looted, so the second part is more "You can't skin unless it's your looted corpse" maybe includes group/raid, so if your group/raid loots you can skin aswell.

To all the people complaining about getting your node stolen by a Tauren: deal with it. Every time a node is used, another node spawns. The same is not true of mobs to skin. Mobs have a set respawn time, for the most part.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    To all the people complaining about getting your node stolen by a Tauren: deal with it. Every time a node is used, another node spawns. The same is not true of mobs to skin. Mobs have a set respawn time, for the most part.
    Someone has a Tauren herbalist.

Just have it so any gathering at all makes it so "That item is already in use" when the first person starts mining/herbing/skinning. The only possible reason you would not want this is if you are one of the players who enjoys herbing herbs other people have started gathering (aka, Tauren herbalist).

Oh... and if you think mobs to skin have a set respawn time, I suggest you visit Tol Barad and check out the crocks or the spiders.... quest mobs tend to be on a variable respawn depending on how hard they are being farmed at the moment.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    And where is that info from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Overdue change. Suck it, ninja skinners.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.