Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archaeology feedback/support from community.

I also posted this on official forums, but I'm so close that I really do not want to give up, so I'm reaching out to anyone that could uplift me to continue.....:

Hello, I'm posting here in the hopes of getting some uplifting feedback from (hopefully multiple) people. I've been sitting at 30/32 rares for the last 6 days of (almost) solid digging, and I'm starting to lose momentum.

I'm becoming disheartened, because I have been unable to find any reports of someone getting more than 30/32 completed rares post 4.1 (obviously). I've long past the point of solving anything outside of Dwarf and Fossil projects, and I simply let any other digsites despawn to sepped up the gathering process. In the last 6 days I've completed over 430 (strictly Dwarf and Fossil) solves without any sign of one of my last rares.

I completely understand the RNG aspect of arch (I think I've done enough digging to back that claim up), but I'm begining to wonder if it was designed to never be finished. Anyone out there that is 32/32 or even 31/32 that could shed some light (or hope) on my increasingly depressing situation would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - Sorry if this comes across as yet another QQ, as that was not my intention.

BLLLEEEH,
    I have 27 - and I thought I was a special snowflake!
    Blast grats on 30 - but i tell you after I hit 27 - I have done hours upon hours of archeology and have not unlocked a rare since...
    And from teh start of it I've farmed Troll pretty hard - no troll sword, no dwarf staff, no fossil shield - or (vrykul?) 1 handed sword...
    there's one more i must be forgetting. Please don't give up - because if you give up then i'll give up and blasted I want that sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting at 28 and have lost most interest for it after the first week. I have tried for some of the new items and am close to solving Ancient Amber, but I've yet to get any 85 Epics except the ring from Tol'vir. RNG sucks but it's such a major part of this game. I'm sitting at probably 400+ Night Elf solves and no Doll, that's whats keeping me going.

i've been sitting at 30/32 since patch day too. Just keep digging. If you dig, they will come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiboshi View Post
    I also posted this on official forums, but I'm so close that I really do not want to give up, so I'm reaching out to anyone that could uplift me to continue.....:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW2vrPpmJOA

I Have something that should uplift you. I just started a labor intensive job. for the next 3 months. If i am able to play wow for more then 1-2 hours a day for the next 90 days it would blow my mind. Here ya go bud. here is your chance. As far as i can see the race is between you and me. Advantage= You.

Amiboshi. This weekend, started after i get off work, i am going full out digging. buying a half gallon of fire water, and downloaded 4 new books on tape. and I am not going to stop digging till i finish either the 2 rares, the half gallon, or the 4 books (and/ a combination of all 3 which includes a hospital visit)

I hope you do the same. Nothing can motivate more then some real competition.

See you at the finish line!

Finals are over, no job, no summer courses, no life.....game on sir :P

Just give up. its not worth it. I basically gave up after 2 weeks of no rares. I need the dwarf staff and 4 tolvirs still I even got Camel Hoarder but no rares.

Hey im at 29/32 and getting pissed of at Tol'vir staff/sword and dwarf staff. I've completed over 200 Tol'vir artifact and havn't gotten either of them. I'm about ready to give up and was wondering if anyone was having the same issue post 4.1. i've completed over 125 Tol'vir artifacts since my last rare and hoping im not just wasting my ocd life by trying to get all 32.

In response to Morps' challenge, I put 13.5 (almost straight) hours of digging in yesterday, and while I saw no luck in the form of actual progress, I did end up slipping into a slight case of insanity. Luckily, this loss of logic led me to the answer I was really looking for all this time. A way to crack the seemingly "rng" aspect of this evil, evil profession......Animal Sacrifice.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "Boshi, where are you going find an adequate supply of materials if you're spending every minute of your' day digging?" Fate saw this coming long ago, and by complete coincidence, I'm a regular at the local petting zoo. So the managers felt comfortable letting me "borrow" a few of the animals for a short while (suckers).

My initial thought was probably the same as yours', a chicken. However, a friend pointed out that warding off forces this evil required something more. I came here hoping for some input. On the same friends suggestion, I tried a llama instead of the chicken, but so far it has proven useless. Other suggestions have included goats, sheep, and a ferret (I'm leaning toward the ferret personally since they taste better).

Will post later to update on progress with the sacrifice and digging.

P.S. - Hey you damn kids, get off my lawn!

Sorry this is off topic but I figured with things being a topic with a lot of digging being done someone will probably know this.
    Is it possible to get more then one of a rare? I would like to get 2 of the BoA swords (first I have to already get one). Or would I need to level it on another toon for a shot at a 2nd one and lose what little I have left of my sanity?

15+ Year Old Account
    Being a friend of Boshi's, I'd like to note that he's been obsessive over this, and has, infact, spent nearly 12 hours a day for the last 2 weeks.

Also I'd like to note I wouldn't be shocked to find his animal sacrificing ways are true.
    Last edited by seam; 2011-05-13 at 05:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Sorry this is off topic but I figured with things being a topic with a lot of digging being done someone will probably know this.
    Is it possible to get more then one of a rare? I would like to get 2 of the BoA swords (first I have to already get one). Or would I need to level it on another toon for a shot at a 2nd one and lose what little I have left of my sanity?
    I'm fairly sure you can only find a rare once per toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    you can get a rare twice but you have to get it on 2 separate toons. keep in mind that they are unique items, so if you get 2 swords you can send the second to the first toon and use both at the same time

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 09:05 PM ----------

Ok boshi. i'm home from work. I'll get food and some sweet sauce and get ready for the 20 minutes it will take me to get the 2 rares. well, either 20 minutes, or another 20 game days.. i'm praying for 20 minutes.. we'll have to wait and see.

GL buddy!

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 09:07 PM ----------

as far as sacrificing animals to make the rares come up, i suggest sacrificing gnomes...Even if it doesnt work, it would be nice to weed out their numbers.

Deleted
    How do you despawn a dig site?

Quote Originally Posted by KingKongBong View Post
    How do you despawn a dig site?
    you cant, not even a patch will cancel it. if you want it to go away, go there and dig it

Sorry, my statement was rather vague. I meant that I was going to dig sites and not looting fragments/keystones. Wasn't trying to imply that I was getting the entire site to despawn without going there or anything like that. :P

My current dig totals are as follows:

Dwarf-765
    Fossil-273
    Night Elf-76
    Nerubian-29
    Troll-617
    Total-1760

I have only done Arch in EK as the only thing I want is the Dwarf staff. Of course thats the only rare obtainable in EK that I dont have. Close to /wrist every time I get another pair of Dwarven Baby Socks -.-

this thread made me lol on two seperate occasions