Blizzard's most recent set of patch notes had big buffs for elemental shamans (casting while moving, allowing fulmination stacks, even better dispell protection than before, thunderstorm buffed) which got me thinking about destruction. A similar spec (turrety damage) that is rather obscure in PvP at the moment.

The spec has a number of problems (no dispell protection, low damage (debatable)) etc and I was wondering what the community thinks would be good ideas to fix this.
A number of my own ideas that I've come up with include:

Immolate dispell protection - Something that encourages it not to be dispelled, but doesn't completely fuck over the target if it is dispelled. My idea would be: For 5 seconds after your immolate is dispelled, your spells act as if there is an immolate on the target
This would allow you to get conflags off on your target despite spam-dispelling from enemy teams, and would even let you get a chaos bolt or incinerate with the 6% extra damage from fire and brimstone.

Demon soul tied to spec rather than pet - For pvp on my lock, I much prefer using succubus to imp. I find the knockback incredibly useful, seduction is really handy for peeling people off me and the damage is pretty nice. I use felhunter from time to time too if I need to spell lock a healer. Having demon soul tied to imp means I have to have imp out whenever I want to nuke - which is fine for PvE but detrimental for PvP. Tying the buff to spec would fix this problem.

Removed improved soul fire or Change 'empowered imp' to 'empowered pet' - 8% more fire damage is an incredibly nice damage buff to have that is relatively easy to keep up in PvE but imposssible to keep up in PvP - Noone will let you get a 3 second cast off. While you can soul shard them every 45 seconds, you'll again need your imp (and the appropriate talents) to be able to get any instant ones off. Changing the talent to allow lash of pain and shadow bite to have a 4% chance to proc it would be fairer to PvPers. Removing the talent altogether and simply buffing the casted damage of all destruction spells by 8% would also work - since the buff has close to 100% uptime in PvE anyway I believe. Perhaps this would upset people who like the destro rotation right now though so idk.

Give fel flame the lunar shower treatment - Have it stack up to 3 times when cast in succession. This would give destruction some ample PvP mobility damage - Probably similar to lunar shower moonfire spam but not close to ice lance. Balance the numbers so it doesnt outscale casted damage, of course.

So, lock community, what changes do you think could be made to help bring back destruction in PvP?