Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

shaman

Unless you have your shaman on tank healing (only) he should really utilize his aoe abilities more often. On most fights you posted CH, HR, and SLT are barely used (if at all). If he incorporates those into his rotation more so he should be within ~5-7%.

RDruids do seem to really rule the meters on 10mans, but if your shaman uses his abilities to the best shaman healing characteristics he'll catch right up.

Deleted
    In 10 man raids Druids should always be on top (stateofdps). Perhaps the priest could do a little bit better. The shaman could do that also but hey they are on tank healing duty and you can spam the raid with the hots.

Im getting great shaman advice in the shaman forums for my post, any further shaman discussion would be appreciated to be over there : )
    I WOULD like clarification on the Chakra subject... is "stance dancing" worth it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    I WOULD like clarification on the Chakra subject... is "stance dancing" worth it?
    Yes, very worth it. Serenity is for more single target orientated phases, and sanctuary is for the aoe phases. I will often switch many times during a fight depending on how the damage will go out.
    If your priests are casting PoH, they should really be in Sanctuary, and if they are spamming GH or Heal, they should really be in Serenity. That's not to say you can't be in Sanctuary if you're using single target heals only, but it's inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmote View Post
    Yes, very worth it. Serenity is for more single target orientated phases, and sanctuary is the aoe chakra. I will often switch many times during a fight depending on how the damage will go out.
    If your priests are casting PoH, they should really be in Sanctuary, and if they are spamming GH or Heal, they should really be in Serenity. That's not to say you can't be in Sanctuary if you're single target heals only, but it's inefficient.
    Not quite.

The only reason to be in Serenity ever is the Renew refresh, or you need a Holy Shock instant-but-efficient type of heal (Chimaeron). If you're casting Renew on people but not spam healing them (i.e. tank healing) you're better off with a stronger Renew. Bouncing Mendings off a tank? It's still better to be in Sanctuary.

The only thing you're giving up is crit chance by casting single target heals in Sanctuary. But the second you cast any non-direct spell while in Serenity, you just gave up 15% of that output.

So SargorVirm, the answer to your question is: Unless your Holy Priest is tank healing and you start two-healing, no, he shouldn't be stance dancing. He should be in Sanctuary for pretty much everything.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

TY for the clarification on Chakra... reading your breakdown of the gains and losses of serenety really makes it easy to understand.
    As pertaining to disc atonement, I thouht he focus of the spec is smite / HF healing... being the best thing to do unless AoE is called for then PoH is where u go... is it better to use FH, H, GH for most situations?...

TY for the clarification on Chakra... reading your breakdown of the gains and losses of serenety really makes it easy to understand.
    As pertaining to disc atonement, I thouht he focus of the spec is smite / HF healing... being the best thing to do unless AoE is called for then PoH is where u go... is it better to use FH, H, GH for most situations?...
    It's really kind of on the fly for disc as attonment.

If someone's death is imminent without a quick heal I will shield/fheal
    If the tank damage is really high I will gheal/shield/fheal
    If the tank isn't taking a bunch of damage(with the exception of shield rolling) I will smite/HF to get damage and healing out.
    Precasting PoH/pom on incoming aoe's

I don't use regular heal. Heal is only really used in holy to refresh renew

So smite / HF is a filler?

So smite / HF is a filler?
    Kind of, if you can heal effectivly without having people die you use it basically. If people are going to die I will hit them with direct heals.
    Like alot of times the heals will only hit certain people(15 yard range)

At the same time, if other healers are going all out to keep people up and all your doing is smite spamming and rolling a shield on the tank your not doing yourself much good.

It's really about learning when and when not to by the fight. I know when I need to heal heal and when I can smite spam and effectively heal people without the other healers draining their mana to keep people alive. It's all about synergy with your other healers.

On a side note, durids do go through their mana fairly fast compared to me in raid(especially when im disc), I just have my druid call out for hymn of hope when he needs it. For the most part this is with all healers being about the same HPS on fights

And that's just it right there which started my 3-4 ish topics... if the HPS were close... me going oom would be in different context... but they aren't... such is why I created these forums.... I also made a druid 1 and they said my spell usage isn't incorrect... again bringing me here.. : )
    That de-railed a tad... lol...ummm... ill be directing my priest healers over here to read tonight... but I can I get the title changed?... was not the origional title and it seems rather insulting / condecending to the people I mentioned, which was not the intention in the slightest
    Last edited by SargorVirm; 2011-05-13 at 03:00 AM. Reason: spelling /facepalm

jelly is well under the "softcap" for haste ( 12.5%, or 9.5 with 3/3 in darkness)yet has glyphed for renew (so obviously plans on using it) so he/she will loose out there. As well as that the PWS glyph isnt really nessisery for holy.
    Your disc priest seems fine. IF he/she is having mana problems and is a MT healer, the Strengh of soul and train of thaught talents will benefit a lot (i healed through 10 bosses in my pretty crap geared Disc offspec, and even on chogall i was finishing the fight on around 75% mana with top healing/absorbs done due to revitalise). im guessing he has the spec shown on armoy que to Halfus HC? (from what i know attonement rocks with the 500% damage buff :P)
    When your talking normal modes, the times i have healed as disc have been with a holy priest and resto druid. a Disc priest should easily be able to keep 2 tanks up with little assistance from any other healer on most normal fights (havent healed nef but have Dps'd and im not too sure with the damage/ raid layout there if it would be possiable)
    Your holy priest, to be most effective, would be better as a raid healer over a tank healer. i admit im not great at using World of logs, so he could well be doing this already xD
    we have had similar problems with low healing from priests and other healers healing unesseserily (paladins raid healing coz thier tanks stopped taking damage then complaining thier going oom xD) so maybe healing assiignments might be worth it even if thier just basic (like keeping a holy priest on raid healing :P)

Just as the name says.... we are a 10m guild with 2 groups who are starting to push into HM content.
    The conversation BEGAIN with me going oom (the druid), and acouple responses i got were that the other healers werent carrying their weight. I want the opinions of the other healers in their own territory to see what YOU think about this.
    Since im the healing officer of my guild I need to find a solution. Please dont come back with "did you kill the boss?" kind of response because im looking for throughput increases and rotation help to make them better, regardless of downing boss

Here are our priests : Jellysammich: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mmich/advanced
    Endoraa: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...doraa/advanced
    and here our the WoL parses i have : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?enc=bosses
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?enc=bosses
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?enc=bosses

Any posts are appreciated, since G1 (endoraa) is starting on HM's, ANY bonus makes the encounters easier. Since G2 (jellysammich) are still hurting for Al'Akir and Nef, REALLY wanna help em out
    Priest should spec like this for holy to maximize mana regen/output
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary

Disc really doesnt need darkness and would also be better place in veiled shadows especially with the mana cost of shield.

Have your shaman tide early as possible less frequently use Rejuvenation and innervate yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question, in your nefarian kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7676&e=8154 which jobs were assigned to Endoraa because his healing breakdown seems rather off to me. Definitely not enough Greater Heal, he should almost never be using Heal, renew is a waste of mana as disc, it quite literally does NOTHING. He seems to like binding heal but I would really advise against it, it chews up mana faster than flash heal.

While on his platform in phase 2 he should always have prayer of mending bouncing and even during normal phase it's good to put it on the tank every now and then so he should definitely have more than 14 hits with it.

I don't see divine hymn in his breakdown which is actually a very good cooldown, for me it hits 3 targets for a total of 30-40k and that goes 4 times so 120-160k healing with one ability.

His atonement and penance are in good places but I'm wondering if he is using penance on cooldown because it has him listed at 32 hits with it whereas on a parse of mine where we wiped at 30% I reached 48.

@dismalnether: endoraa heals the onyxia tank in p1 (with peppered help from the shaman), has 2 ppl with her on platform, and stacks with dps group to tank / raid heal with the shaman for p3

10+ Year Old Account
    @dismalnether: endoraa heals the onyxia tank in p1 (with peppered help from the shaman), has 2 ppl with her on platform, and stacks with dps group to tank / raid heal with the shaman for p3
    Ya, I'd definitely suggest mainly to increase greater heal usage and POM usage and to use her divine hymn either during a crackle or on the pillar. Everything else in my previous post would just be icing on the cake if she started doing this.

I remember her saying that fight REALLY hurts her mana... might of changed now though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    jelly is well under the "softcap" for haste ( 12.5%, or 9.5 with 3/3 in darkness)yet has glyphed for renew (so obviously plans on using it) so he/she will loose out there. As well as that the PWS glyph isnt really nessisery for holy.
    Your disc priest seems fine. IF he/she is having mana problems and is a MT healer, the Strengh of soul and train of thaught talents will benefit a lot (i healed through 10 bosses in my pretty crap geared Disc offspec, and even on chogall i was finishing the fight on around 75% mana with top healing/absorbs done due to revitalise). im guessing he has the spec shown on armoy que to Halfus HC? (from what i know attonement rocks with the 500% damage buff :P)
    When your talking normal modes, the times i have healed as disc have been with a holy priest and resto druid. a Disc priest should easily be able to keep 2 tanks up with little assistance from any other healer on most normal fights (havent healed nef but have Dps'd and im not too sure with the damage/ raid layout there if it would be possiable)
    Your holy priest, to be most effective, would be better as a raid healer over a tank healer. i admit im not great at using World of logs, so he could well be doing this already xD
    we have had similar problems with low healing from priests and other healers healing unesseserily (paladins raid healing coz thier tanks stopped taking damage then complaining thier going oom xD) so maybe healing assiignments might be worth it even if thier just basic (like keeping a holy priest on raid healing :P)
    Holy priests always take the Renew Glyph. As far as I know, you really shouldn't go for haste (especialy not for the tiny bonus of one extra renew tick) at the cost of mastery.

I think he was commenting about the haste cap but glyphing to improve what the haste cap improves. So could get a extra tick to boost the glyph even MORE valuable

I have trouble competing with the resto druid in my guild. They just do so much healing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly the Healing foil to resto druids in numbers right now is the holy paladin, Priests and Druids tend to overlap each other on their targets greatly and if you are an awesome healer the HPS count isn't going to be very high for the other depending on raid mechanics, movement and understanding between you both.

Mr Shammy could pull a bit more weight, it just looks to be on the logs that everyone 'wants' to be the raid healer since obviously they have the highest output but as a bit of a recovering 'hero healer' myself I tend to just focus on what needs to be done, tank wise and fellow healer wise for the raid to succeed and not pay attention to the meter. It does more harm than good. Once I did that heroic kills have just been falling out of the sky. My hps has fallen to around a 12k average but the raid lives at a far higher percentage. I think that's a more common trend in 10man. 25man is less precise like that.