Archaeology idea.

I was just thinking about an idea while doing my daily route of Archaeology. While I haven't got much of the gear epics, (nelf chest piece, trinket and tol'vir ring) why doesn't Blizzard make these BoA's so they compensate with your alts level. Like the chestpiece, it's for level 51, but make it so a level 1 can equip it too, and the stats adjust same like the heirlooms? Makes Archaeology a bit more attractive to the people calling it a failure.. which it isn't in my opinion.

Share your thoughts!

Sincerely, Spikier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikier View Post
    I was just thinking about an idea while doing my daily route of Archaeology. While I haven't got much of the gear epics, (nelf chest piece, trinket and tol'vir ring) why doesn't Blizzard make these BoA's so they compensate with your alts level. Like the chestpiece, it's for level 51, but make it so a level 1 can equip it too, and the stats adjust same like the heirlooms? Makes Archaeology a bit more attractive to the people calling it a failure.. which it isn't in my opinion.

Share your thoughts!

Sincerely, Spikier.
    Sounds like it would make Archae a bit more promising. Just leave out the +5/10% increase exp. I know the Epic First Shaman head piece would be nice, though I can seem them having an issue with the gem slots, unless they could figure a way to code that to be reduced to only have them become available when you hit 60.
    "In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcle/nevantus/

^ ^ v v < > < > B A select start

This is a very good idea!Also it would bo good if they added some more rings/trinkets

I think this is a great idea. I have a question though.

Would the items max level it scales with be the current level they are at? For example, the Orc mail helmet would stop scaling at level 70?

Yeah I think they should quit at the max level, after that, you should just get a dungeon / quest reward. But until then, it would be a very nice addition, just leave out the xp bonus. At the moment, those items are mostly useless to be honest.. I made the nelf chestpiece, then dumped it in the bank and never looked at it again..

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if those were available as scaling items, I still wouldn't use them if they didn't have the xp bonus. Why would you want to level an alt without the xp bonus :s

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Even if those were available as scaling items, I still wouldn't use them if they didn't have the xp bonus. Why would you want to level an alt without the xp bonus :s
    Because it wouldn't only be a chest, shoulderpiece or even helmet / cape to that sort. It could be a weapon, gloves, rings, whatever. Archaeology is still under construction I believe, I think Blizzard has many plans for this profession so it could be a very nice change.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are already normal heirlooms for every slot you can use with archaeology, if you get what I mean. They COULD add new stuff yes, I just don't see it happening.

I want them to make Arch less similar to Fishing. The only diff is you fly around more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuandoman View Post
    I want them to make Arch less similar to Fishing. The only diff is you fly around more.
    And you can't avoid stuff you don't want. Least with fishing you can avoid getting certain types of fish by staying away from the areas in which they spawn.

Can't do that with archaeology. I have to dig up fossil sites so i have a chance and getting non fossil dig sites to spawn.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.