Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

4.2 dot nerf?? :S

not really seeing the reason behind this besides lowering multi dotting damage, but did that really matter? and if thats the reason for the nerf why touch devouring plague... and mastery nerf too? : /

the only upside i can see is a mind blast/mind flay and shadow word death could increase shadows burst when MSx3>MB>SWDx2
    but really dotting and kiting is the reality alot of the time soo... : /
    Last edited by stickyjam; 2011-05-13 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't see a reason why we needed the nerfs >.<

1) Multidotting was too good, we dominated every fight we could multidot. Looking at Firelands, the two bosses that were tested already could be multi dotted for some parts.
    2) Mastery was not nerfed, blizz just decided that they finally got use two after . digits.

SPs where better than locks in multidotting, this should put them back in line.

Also that MF/MB buff is straight up PVP buff

Shadowpriests have been hit hard already, but a 12% increase in mind blast and mind flay will most likely make up for it. Specially with 4pc t12

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Shadowpriests have been hit hard already, but a 12% increase in mind blast and mind flay will most likely make up for it. Specially with 4pc t12
    My thoughts exactly. Blizz was a little worried about multi-dotting, which the Mind-Seer buff was supposed to rid I think. And the increasing Power of MB is something I'll take anyday
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Deleted
    indeed they change the class so it fits there set bonusses :/
    nxt set will be mind spike doesnt remove vp & sw p

so youll spamm MS and when you need to run youll place dp xD
    first to say this !

It looks like Shadow will have some interesting PVP buffs next patch. In situations where our DoTs are being dispelled a lot, we will now do more direct damage, and will be able to use Mind Spike when locked out of Shadow.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I get the changes the changing for multi-dotting but it will still be a nerf overall. The nerf to all 3 dots is not covered by the buff to MB/MF and the 25andbelow SWDeath. This can be fixed with testing once we see how the numbers play out.

The only thing i do not understand is the mastery nerf. Our mastery is still quite mediocre and is still our worst stat in terms of gearing yet it gets a nerf? that doesnt make any sense.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Deleted
    I HIGHLY doubt that. All dots being nerfed 12% is too much imo. But tbh, i was 400% sure that the nerfbat would make a stop at sp's at some point, idd the dps too good to be true

As wrote in another thread already: hybrid tax is still a design goal and this nerf is us getting down from being on the same level as pures to 2nd rate.
    I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did and that we didn't get nerfed together with boomkins when they got whacked with the nerf bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    As wrote in another thread already: hybrid tax is still a design goal and this nerf is us getting down from being on the same level as pures to 2nd rate.
    I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did and that we didn't get nerfed together with boomkins when they got whacked with the nerf bat.
    Any good Shadow Priest would always top meters in a situation where they can multi dot, your dots were farrrrrrrrr too powerful to be left as they were, even your single target damage was pretty insane, not that there is actually any fights in the game where you cant multi dot at some point any more. Add to this the insane aoe damage Mind Seer does now and the nerf was even more needed. It did not bring you below pures from a position of equality, it brought you down to a level of equality from an insanely over powered position.

I don't know how Spriests managed to multidot in the first place, multidotting OOMs me very fast...
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I don't know how Spriests managed to multidot in the first place, multidotting OOMs me very fast...
    In a dual-boss situation like Theralion and Val, it is easy enough since you can just throw out SW: Death when you are moving. If you are in a mana intensive fight using it whenever you move as your first action, instead of spamming Devouring Plague, should help out a lot.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

because they use sw: d for mana above 25%

Quote Originally Posted by Jadle View Post
    Any good Shadow Priest would always top meters in a situation where they can multi dot, your dots were farrrrrrrrr too powerful to be left as they were, even your single target damage was pretty insane, not that there is actually any fights in the game where you cant multi dot at some point any more. Add to this the insane aoe damage Mind Seer does now and the nerf was even more needed. It did not bring you below pures from a position of equality, it brought you down to a level of equality from an insanely over powered position.
    Chimaeron, magmaw (dotting the parasites is pointless), atramedes, conclave, al'akir (dotting sparks is a waste of mana). Theres plenty fights where we cant multi dot. And Insane mind sear damage? What? It's easily one of the weakest AoEs in the game still. Insanely overpowered? Yeah okay. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    Blizzard quote? The last I heard about the hybrid tax from Blizzard was when they removed it with Wrath of the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by JHuggz View Post
    Chimaeron, magmaw (dotting the parasites is pointless), atramedes, conclave, al'akir (dotting sparks is a waste of mana). Theres plenty fights where we cant multi dot. And Insane mind sear damage? What? It's easily one of the weakest AoEs in the game still. Insanely overpowered? Yeah okay. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Sorry but you are incorrect, mind sear is pretty boss since the last buff occured. In fights like Maloriak and Sinestra its simply op right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury
    Also that MF/MB buff is straight up PVP buff
    Yeah sure, buffing mind flay and reducing dot damage.is an insane pvp buff. Imagine you would lose 12% dot damage and gain 12% shadow bolt damage - great buff huh?

Deleted
    Im fine with dot nerfs if our direct damage got buffed. which it did. Not digging the DP nerf though, it cannot be placed on more targets than one...

I think 12 % Is a little harsh