Deleted

Valiona 10man HC as Sub Rogue - Guide

Seen a few posts asking about this fight for rogues plues a few people whispered me about it. figured it was worth giving some info from my own experiences. The video is by someone called Taffer, it very much helped me so thanks to him for that.

First things first, watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i9dCnqCc0g

Spec: http://wowtal.com/#k=xoeH1LxV.ala.rogue.R0uRlS

This or some variation of it. You must keep Enveloping Shadows 3/3, Imp Recuperate 2/2, Quickening 2/2 and ilusivness 2/2 to be able to survive the twilight realm. everything else is pretty much down to preference but i find this spec works best for me.

Abilities

Feint: Use this everytime its off cooldown, provides 50% aoe reduction for 8 seconds and can be used every 10 seconds.

Recuperate: Ensure this is refreshed to full 5 Cps as often as necessary.

Cloak of Shadows: when you first get into the twilight realm you will start to gain a stacking damaging debuff, you can comftably let this debuff stack to between 25-30 stacks before you need to use cloak of shadows. use cloak of shadows in a safe location and whilst it is active quickly use a bandage to help top your health off.

Sprint: this can be used either to get to the adds quicker, however you can also save it to get you away from boss abilities quickly.

Smoke Bomb: the add will also shoot at you, if alot of adds are up this can drop your health fast since the attacks are pretty much unmitigated, if you find yourself low health in this situation pop smoke bomb whilst killing an add to stop the others shooting at you for a short time.

The Fight

To enter the shadow realm i find it best to use a dazzling destruction puddle near to the stairs. once you enter try to stay at top of the stairs for 5 secs so you dont end up in one of the other dazzling destruction puddles which would one shot ya.

Proceed to start killing the adds one by one, for me about 2-3 backstabs will kill an add (depending on crits). make sure to use feint and recup as stated above. whilst moving from add to add make sure to avoid the blue orbs and also any of the bosses abilities as they still hit you whilst inside the shadow realm. Make sure someone outside is calling out where the shadow breath is going to be so you dont get caught up in this. An important thing to remember is to stay calm, this isnt like most fights where your trying to get super high dps numbers and you got a healer watching your back, your aim is to keep yourself alive whilst also killing the adds at a rate that will ensure no more than 2-3 are up at a time. in order to keep yourself alive you have to kill adds to refresh recup and feint so if you focus on staying alive the adds die as a result anyway.

If you find you've killed all adds you can simple attack the boss from inside the realm whilst you wait for more adds to spawn so that you can continue to use feint/recupt plus help out the dps on the outside.

If you find the debuff damage is still overwhelming you (it shouldnt be really) you can use prismatic elixer for +90 resistance for more damage mitigation along with a haste elixer. also be sure to take a health pot with you, just incase

The fight for you is basically all about being aware of your surrounding and using 3 key abilities to keep yourself alive whilst also killing a few adds along the way
    Last edited by mmocec2d8531a1; 2011-05-14 at 06:49 AM.

One thing that really helped me when doing this, was getting a hunter to go down in the dazzling destruction with you the first time, clear out the north side in like, 2 seconds, then port out. Then you can just kill them as they spawn.

Also, don't be afraid to come up. When i first tried it i thought i should stay down the whole time, but ended up not being able to do it.

What i do now is enter on dazzling destruction, stay down until the second breath from valiona, then pop up, get healed, get a priest shield, and go back in the third breath healed up and cloak. From then on i'm usually good till the end of the fight. My paladin tank was also throwing me salv when he got ported down after 5 face punches.

instead haste elixir u can use 100 agi scroll , count as battle elixir =P

good guide i will link this to my friend rogue

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for sharing, my group is going to start working on this and I was hoping to find something along these lines.
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

Deleted
    bump this up since people are still making posts asking about this fight for sub rogue

Deleted
    Someone just sticky this please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadly Momentum works when you kill something that grants exp or honour. How does it refresh on adds?

This is a spec that was recommended to me by Xerofour, a rogue in Method: http://wowtal.com/#k=kKHngDS_s.ala.rogue.

Make sure you have the glyph of Feint. Slice and Dice also helps a lot, as well as Shadow Dance for the extra 2 seconds. Glyph of Sprint can help as well.

Some tips:

Ignore rupture down there.
    100% uptime on Recup and Feint
    Use Shadowstep to get to adds faster
    Make sure during your Dance, you dont run out of recup and feint ( have them on the dance toolbar as well )
    Keep Slice and Dice up
    Before you enter the realm, make sure you get a maxed recup and feint from the boss.
    Last edited by Darkwingdan; 2011-06-02 at 10:19 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unius/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yzmal/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...peace/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdan View Post
    Deadly Momentum works when you kill something that grants exp or honour. How does it refresh on adds?
    To the game, anything that WOULD grant you experience when you killed it, will refresh it. It the lvl cap was 86, it would award xp.

It does work, wonderful talent for the fight.

However, I prefer my spec http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary.
    Last edited by Razorlor; 2011-06-02 at 10:16 AM.

I haven't watched the video so it might be a lot more detailed but this "guide" is not specific enough or contain enough information to be that useful, much less a sticky.

I recommend using two stamina trinkets and a stamina flask, you will still kill them easily and your recuperates will tick for much more making room for more mistakes (especially at the first tries)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimgo View Post
    I recommend using two stamina trinkets and a stamina flask, you will still kill them easily and your recuperates will tick for much more making room for more mistakes (especially at the first tries)
    I recommend not wasting your time trying to get 2 stam trinkets and not switching flasks for one fight. I've heard that a rogue in my friends guild uses double mending enchants... Its stupidly easy, even on your first try. Granted I watched a video of a rogue doing it before I tried it, but it is absolutely not hard even the first time to dodge the balls.

If you actually need any of that crap, you need to go download power auras and set up some massively obstructive power aura for when feint is off cooldown and when recup isn't up because the only way you have any problems at all with recup keeping yourself up is if you let those 2 things happen too much.

I also disagree with the OP about recup. 5cp is certainly optimal, but the real important part is making sure it is always up. If you have 20 stacks and 0 cp and no recup, then you aren't going to want to wait.

Shadowstep is great and all, but be really careful that there isn't an orb hiding under the mob's ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    I haven't watched the video so it might be a lot more detailed but this "guide" is not specific enough or contain enough information to be that useful, much less a sticky.
    I would sumbit that any rogue with a basic understanding of the class would, from this reading guide and the video combined, be able to successfully do this fight. This wasnt made as a hand holder for rogues who havent even tried the fight on normal mode.

so that being said, wot information do you feel is lacking from this post that would better help rogues complete this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I also disagree with the OP about recup. 5cp is certainly optimal, but the real important part is making sure it is always up. If you have 20 stacks and 0 cp and no recup, then you aren't going to want to wait.
    Its necessary to use a 5point recuperate just before you enter the twighlight realm when using my spec. because when using the deadly momentum(DM) spec 5 points recup gives you enough time to get from mob to mob without the buff falling off and gives you enough time to kill the mobs for DM to refresh recuperate / slice n dice.

but yes if not using the DM spec pretty much use recup asap if it runs out.

I would however suggest that deadly momentum makes this fight infinately easier than it already is. using DM not only means you dont have to focus refreshing SnD or recuperate, but also it means all your CP's can be used for finishers meaning the adds die alot faster too.

I can say first time i did this fight i did it without deadly momtentum, and although I was successful, I did find it took alot more focus without DM than it does with DM.
    Last edited by mmocec2d8531a1; 2011-06-04 at 09:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    we had a 2% wipe this week although I must admit it wasnt from any fault of mine. This guide helped tons while we were learning the fight!
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

Quote Originally Posted by gavpimm View Post
    Its necessary to use a 5point recuperate just before you enter the twighlight realm when using my spec. because when using the deadly momentum(DM) spec 5 points recup gives you enough time to get from mob to mob without the buff falling off and gives you enough time to kill the mobs for DM to refresh recuperate / slice n dice.

but yes if not using the DM spec pretty much use recup asap if it runs out.

I would however suggest that deadly momentum makes this fight infinately easier than it already is. using DM not only means you dont have to focus refreshing SnD or recuperate, but also it means all your CP's can be used for finishers meaning the adds die alot faster too.

I can say first time i did this fight i did it without deadly momtentum, and although I was successful, I did find it took alot more focus without DM than it does with DM.
    Seems you didn't understand. I never said not to use a 5cp. If it does fall off and you happen to have no cp and high stacks or something similar, then you don't want to wait to get 5cp to put it back up. You do realize you can overwrite a recup with a new 5cp one if you need to so that DM will refresh a max duration one right? DM isn't some new idea to take for V&T, I don't really get why you are calling it 'my spec' when its a widely used cookiecutter spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Seems you didn't understand. I never said not to use a 5cp. If it does fall off and you happen to have no cp and high stacks or something similar, then you don't want to wait to get 5cp to put it back up. You do realize you can overwrite a recup with a new 5cp one if you need to so that DM will refresh a max duration one right? DM isn't some new idea to take for V&T, I don't really get why you are calling it 'my spec' when its a widely used cookiecutter spec.
    heh seems your just being agumentative now. I refered to it as "my spec" simply because its the spec i advertised to use in the initial post, Im fully aware I didnt invent some amazing new rogue spec here, I simply posted the spec i choose to use which works well for me. yes I realise you can put a new 5 point recup up and dm will refresh to that, but i made the post with the best use of energy, CPs in mind. if i had gone through every possible permitation of what you can possibly do to survive down there it would be a 12page post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thanks . We're starting HM Valiona/Theralion this week, and I happen to be the group's only rogue. I've been hunting for something like this, and watching POV Videos for a while.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Why isn't this stickied? Please sticky this guide it's so awesome and useful