Thread: Card problems

10+ Year Old Account

Card problems

I'm using a GTX560 Ti with the 270.61 drivers but for some reason when I load up wow (and any other game) it will completely lock up and the graphics will completely spas out so I cannot see anything whatsoever. I only recently upgraded the drivers from 266.66 becasue this morning it kept crashing, now that has stopped and now just wow doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Blackspur; 2011-05-14 at 10:04 AM.

is it only wow crashing or all games? you might try a 3d benchmark and see if it crashes too.

if only wow is crashing, maybe you should try to repair it.
    if other games crash too, what are the specs of your power supply? might be to weak?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mordrac View Post
    is it only wow crashing or all games? you might try a 3d benchmark and see if it crashes too.

if only wow is crashing, maybe you should try to repair it.
    if other games crash too, what are the specs of your power supply? might be to weak?
    It isnt only WoW i tried BF:BC2 and it wouldnt even display the lettering on the menu. And my PSU is more than capable (Corsair TX650). And it isnt crashing as such its literally just the graphics are playing up making it unplayable.

ok, maybe its getting to hot?
    the fan of the gpu could be stuck, or just not rotate.
    how do the graphic errors look like? can you post a screenshot?
    if there are stripes the gpu memory could be defect.

If you have the extra power cables installed into the graphics card, you could try to completely uninstall Nvidia drivers and reinstall it. Just installing new drivers over old for Nvidia cards has caused instability many many times in the past versions.

If you still cant get it working, it's possible there's something physically wrong with the card.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

the last thing you can do is, try it in a pc of a friend, if it shows the same symptoms, the gpu is defect.
    if it runs fine, the problem could also be caused by irq sharing problems, you need to update your motherboard bios and all drivers then. that can help.
    Last edited by mordrac; 2011-05-14 at 11:27 AM.