Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviddishere View Post
    Let's be realistic here.
    Ok, I will heed your advice. I therefore conclude your prediction isn't based on anything and is pure speculation pulled out from nowhere.

2012 california falls into the ocean, ridding us of blizz and a welfare economy forever, allowing well done startups to thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Oh god this thread again.. I've never been more appalled by opinions in my life.
    I dont think u can count idiots writting bs as opinion , most of the people that say SWTOR will flop or go F2P due to low interesat or subs are mainly idiots that dont know single info about SWTOR , for example those same people think WoW has 12 mil subs atm , single facepalm isnt enough for that stupidity tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Sorry but this is the most stupid post i have read in a while on Mmo champ , first of all WoW doesnt have 12 mil subs right now its 2.6 mil subs playing Cata , second SWTOR is looking to be one of the best mmo's out there with GW2 right behind it following it up and u have no idea how Tera or Rift will do in the future.

And i rarely use this term aswell but u are Blizzard fanboy , once again i apologize but i had to say that because that post is beyond stupid
    wow hater right here.

Not seen anyone predicting Final Fantasy 14 yet

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Ok, I will heed your advice. I therefore conclude your prediction isn't based on anything and is pure speculation pulled out from nowhere.
    The only thing I might be wrong about is the SW part. I'm assuming it releases early 2012 and has the whole year for people to quit after hitting max level.

2012: WoW releases 4th expansion. Has 11 million subscribers.
    2013: WoW releases last content patch of 4th expansion. 10.5 million subscribers.
    2014: WoW releases 5th expansion. 11 million subscribers.
    2015: Last content patch of 5th expansion and 6th expansion is released. 11 million subscribers.

I could go on.

People overlook Carbin Studio's MMO, old WoW Devs, Turbine's Devs (Asheron'S Call) can't wait for that!

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddishere View Post
    The only thing I might be wrong about is the SW part.
    No, you could be wrong about them all.

People seem to be underrated SWTOR. Looking at all the upcoming games it seems to have the most promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    wow hater right here.
    I am not a WoW hater i am even playing WoW right now , stop accusing people and throwing BS arguments when u have no real contra argument to begin with ... damn trolls are getting worse with every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    People seem to be underrated SWTOR. Looking at all the upcoming games it seems to have the most promise.
    /agreed from what i've seen it looks great, and we all have to admit, wow is becoming a bit played out. SWTOR might just prove to be the break and different flavor we all need.

Also, Curt Schillings company, with its 75 million dollars in loans from the State of Rhode island, also has an mmo in the works. (schilling is a ex pitcher, turned gamer, who went out and formed a gaming company with some great talent)

http://www.38gamers.com/project-cope...date-revealed/

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    Well that isn't saying much since the competition isn't very good to begin with. It's like saying a Skoda is better than a Lada. They're still both crap.

/agreed from what i've seen it looks great, and we all have to admit, wow is becoming a bit played out. SWTOR might just prove to be the break and different flavor we all need.
    I haven't been impressed yet. The graphics look old and even the combat looks a bit clumsy. That and I don't have interest in SW anymore really. Maybe I've just played too many SW games in the past.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2011-07-09 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Well that isn't saying much since the competition isn't very good to begin with. It's like saying a Skoda is better than a Lada. They're still both crap.
    I don't even know what a Skoda or a Lada is so .... /shrug.

There's a lot more competition now than when WoW released. SWTOR seems to be in the forefront of the competition by a fairly large margin compared to existing and upcoming MMOs.

Also, the majority of the beta testers that are posting are saying things are looking good. There isn't that rushed vibe like WAR and Age of Conan had in the months leading up to release.

2011 (end of)

WoW drops below the 11M mark
    Rift maintains a 1M playerbase
    SWtoR starts fairly strongly

WoW takes a big loss, down to 9-10M
    Rift falls slightly
    SWtoR drops down to the core devoted fanbase 1M playerbase

WoW starts to stem the loss at around 8M players
    Rift settles around 800k
    SWtoR is dwindling, has a couple years left
    Titan gains large hype as major details released.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

god people are so stupid, cata was designed for the asian market. where more than 75% of the wow player base is so they will never go below ~10 million subs, sure the game might die in the NA and Europe but once cata releases in china i guarentee that blizz will be announcing record high sub numbers