View Poll Results: Do you think the Acid in the eyes punishment is right?

Voters
784. This poll is closed
  • Yes

506 64.54%
  • No

278 35.46%
Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    But to not allow ourselves to do what is necessary to protect ourselves and society from such people because we're too worried about being inhumane is just as bad.
    I appreciate the fact that you took a look at the subject objectively.
    My question to you is, what makes you think that doing such a thing to this man will 'protect' us from people like him?

I think the second we stop worrying about being inhumane, is when we can all cash in on our 'monster membership club'.

Quote Originally Posted by sweepdeepsPL View Post
    An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.
    This sums it all up nicely.

15+ Year Old Account
    An eye for an eye?

Deleted
    Administered by the lady herself OHH SHIT, cruel and unusual ! :L

But yeah, do unto other's yada yada yada :P

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Do you think that, after his punishment is administered, he will be free to go?
    Do you think that a blind man will be able to lead a proper life, free of any sort of government or communal support?

Either way, he's going to jail for awhile. He'll face enough adversity when he gets out - why ensure that the taxpayers would continue to support him?
    I don't know if their government provides help for people who are disabled, so I can't answer your question properly.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong here.
    Iran should uphold the Islamic law!

Quote Originally Posted by KpEMuKoBcu View Post
    Nothing wrong here.
    There's no such thing as THE islamic law. There's many different interprations of it and that's why there's more than one sect in islam.

Quote Originally Posted by KpEMuKoBcu View Post
    Nothing wrong here.
    If they went by islamic law. Then the women has the right to choose between an eye for an eye or forgive him. However, i guess she doesnt want to forgive him.

Acid blinding sentence of Iranian man postponed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...postponed.html
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I wonder if these opposers here also consider the couple month of prison (MAYBE) is justified punishment for rape and pedophilia as we have here. Totally civilized and humane.
    What is it about rape and pedophillia that gets people so riled up when they couldn't give two shits about violent crimes. It's funny awhile back there was two articles on CNN, one was about some uncle that molested his niece and the other was about some guy that tortured and dismembered two people and then threw the pieces in a trash bag and put the whole thing out on the street corner.

The pedo story was a "top" story with thousands of people asking for the guy's head and the torture story had maybe twenty some comments that mostly cracked jokes. Justice? What a joke, humanity is nothing but a bunch of jacked up monkeys in a really big zoo.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2011-05-14 at 08:40 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" --Mahatma Gandhi

This statement was not intended to be funny but rather entirely serious.

It is ironic that the Iran government is punishing anyone when they are the true criminals. Of course who wouldn't expect a cruel regime to be full of hypocrites.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    What is it about rape and pedophillia that gets people so riled up when they couldn't give two shits about violent crimes. It's funny awhile back there was two articles on CNN, one was about some uncle that molested his niece and the other was about some guy that tortured and dismembered two people and then threw the pieces in a trash bag and put the whole thing out on the street corner.

The pedo story was a "top" story with thousands of people asking for the guy's head and the torture story had maybe twenty some comments that mostly cracked jokes. Justice? What a joke, humanity is nothing but a bunch of jacked up monkeys in a really big zoo.
    Yes, all of humanity is full of murderous, raping criminals and if you don't do that you laugh at the crimes committed. However, you are perfect and do not fit under this measurement of the entire world. Just because you are angry doesn't mean you get to act like a moneky and make generalized statements like this which are completely wrong.
    "More pewpew less QQ"

This post was merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin View Post
    GOLDEN RULE: do unto others as you would have them do to you

EYE FOR AN EYE: have done unto you as you have done unto others

quite similar, yet the latter is always discounted as barbaric while the former is held high as the golden rule... how fucked
    Not so. The golden rule invalidates the other.

You cannot live by both rules. If you live by "do unto others..." you cannot logically turn around and employ "eye for an eye", because if you do, you implicitly say that you would want the punishment visited upon you as well.

One is a good rule for how you behave towards others, the other is a recipe for vengeance and a circle of hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post

The people who were dismembered and thrown into the trash bag are dead now. The child has to live with what was done to them for the rest of their long life. I think that was why it was the top story. Neither one is worse than the other though. Both the people who acted on those crimes are seriously messed up in the head.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fair.

And don't put him out for it either. Have him awake. Have him be able to feel his eyes deteriorating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    I think it's fair.

And don't put him out for it either. Have him awake. Have him be able to feel his eyes deteriorating.
    You, like any person who advocates the visitation of pain on others, disgust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    You, like any person who advocates the visitation of pain on others, disgust me.
    Good. I'm glad. To say otherwise would be foolishness on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

He should get what he deserves, that's fricken awesome lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually going through and -reading- the article (Because god forbid you judge something before actually looking over the content) this was just the case of some obsessive nut being pissed off that a girl he liked didn't like him back. So if he's going to be a selfish prick and ruin her life like that because he couldn't cope with the fact that she didn't like him, then by all means, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Actually going through and -reading- the article (Because god forbid you judge something before actually looking over the content) this was just the case of some obsessive nut being pissed off that a girl he liked didn't like him back. So if he's going to be a selfish prick and ruin her life like that because he couldn't cope with the fact that she didn't like him, then by all means, go for it.
    sounds more like some guy with a personality disorder, maybe some autism too