Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dento77 View Post
    ok Kelesti, i get it. you don't care for soul warding at all. and thats fine, its fits your playstyle and your raid group.
    Actually no. I first tried a 0/2 Soul Warding build, you missed the part where I said I "moved on from it, because it was dumb".

running light on spirit at around 2500(light in my mind anyways for 2 healing cho'gal) and with no timers... yup.. clearly.. i must be bad.
    Missing 33% of your procs isn't good, and you're using more Spirit than necessary to try and over-compensate. Doesn't matter your role at this point, or your meter placement, so congrats at a kill that was easy 5 months ago (especially on 10 man). I get that guilds are behind the curve, but it's not a bragging point at this stage of the game (like showing off a Kingslayer title post buff). Also, saying you "weren't on tank healing" implies that you were shielding others outside of the tank (like any good Discipline Priest should), but that said, it screws up your "going by weakened soul" timing even further. That's why you were off by 33%, not 20 (shielding the tank every 15 seconds gives you 20%, assuming it's not interrupted).

the big point is... what works for you doesn't for me and vice versa. there is nothing wrong with that and to call somebody "bad" because of that... well.. just isn't right at all no matter what you believe. we are arguing about 2 talents points and subsequent timer to maximize aforementioned talents. you favor the hps that SoS gives while i favor SW for the quick "save" if you will.
    I have them both, actually. You misinterpreted me. I run 1/3 Mental Agility.

I also never implied you were a bubble-bot. I was saying to go ahead and use "the only heals that land on a tank are Archangel" or being a bubble-bot, any other reason to justify not using Strength of Soul. Just stop using a sub-par Rapture as a reason to avoid specing into it. And now you're jumping at strings on the defensive.

I'm glad you learned from someone with a history in the class, but all the tricks (lurker trinket, 2pc5, stopcasting after Holy Concentration procs and chaining them into Inner Focus) that worked then don't work now. The state of the game isn't what it was 3 years ago. But people then were constantly looking at ways to up-their-game, make personal improvements rather than wait for the group to get better.

Flaunt a log all you want, Discipline's ability to ignore overhealing isn't something new. You've already provided enough information (your Rapture details) to prove my point.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

you know, just when i was about to come around you throw in something ignorant like "especially on 10" and "grats on an easy kill 5 months ago". yup, i'm a casual now. i deal with it. sorry, you may know priest, no doubt about that.. but as a person... lol.. you have much to learn young one. never once did i use a condescending tone with you and this is how you react with someone who disagrees with you no matter how wrong or right they are? so.. go ahead and ban me. as you can see from my post count my involvement at MMO-Champ is next to nil. maybe your comment about TBC is correct. as shadow, if i wasn't playing wow, i was on shadowpriest.com, reading and rereading everything i could get my eyeballs on to improve not my dps, but how much mana i was returning to the party. yes.. i know that mana returned was just a percentage of your dps, but that was my job in the raid. mana battery. i knew my role and did everything and anything i could even to gain +3 shadow damage. so maybe you do have a point about not bettering myself now. i don't feel the need to anymore. maybe thats why we are "behind the curve" if you will. but whatever. its a nill point now. you tossed that out the window with your snide unwarranted remarks. anyways good luck with you and your guild in the upcoming content patch.

one last thing... doesn't a log show everything about a player? spell usage, trinket usage, CD usage, avoidable damage taken, ect, ect ,ect? why is it that when players ask for help, that the most requested info is a WoL link to see what they are doing? why ignore it?

Dento77 signing off.