Disc priest vs rogues

Well, I've gotten around in dealing with frost dks and warriors, they don't intimidate me as much in arena these days. But now I'm having some trouble in dealing with rogues.
    Just looking for advice on how to survive for longer against rogues if one of them sticks on ya in arena/bgs assuming your partner has limited cc or they are cc'ed themselves.

I fake cast alot with penance, I should prob use it with a shad spell but I've never gotten interrupted on that so far. As soon as I see them wasting their kick, I start flash healing but then a good rogue would save gauge and kidney shots for situations like that so I still cant get the heal through during that small window of opportunity. Fear doesn't really work if they are undead rogues or they have a defensive dispel, at most it lets me have 2 ticks of penance or a quick flash if I'm real lucky because of mind numbing poison. I've played a rogue before so I kindof understand the strat they use, kidney shot > shadowdance > garrote > burst. I could trinket this combo and maybe survive it but the cd on shadowdance is only 1 min plus they can pull this off with vanish > garrote. I tried to keep all my instants, bubble, PoM and renew up as much as I can but those are all the instants I have and it sure is not enough. Strength of soul + Inner Focus is very nice but then again, I get gauged and stunned through that alot.

I'm just wondering if theres any tips you guys can offer to help me survive in a situational encounter against a rogue, apart from my partner throwing out as much cc as they can.

honestly this problem seems odd, a war or frost dk can straight rape me (disc priest) if I dont get a peel. rogues...i can take 2 on at the same time and they rarely get me below 80%. Anyways some tips to do this with rogues, one use bubble, renew and prayer of mending as they cant be interupted. second use your inner focus when u need to get a greater heal off. fear on cd, and when u redo your bubble, use the 4 sec freedom to put some distance in between you. if you do need to fake cast, cast mana burn, they wont bother trying to interupt mindspike but any threat to their healers mana will usually get a kick freeing you up for a heal. once they finally get through my shields, and start doing more dmg than my hots, my shield is almost rdy again. so if you are still having problems i would say your resil is too low. 3.3k is more than enough to make rogue dmg a joke.

Yeah I have the same problem, having a rogue on me can be incredibly frustrating.
    Since you only have one possible CC, it is going to be hell keeping him off you.

The only way I've been able to deal with any rogues in the past is try to get your partner to Root, Cyclone, Freeze, Slow him to make him pop vanish or shadowstep after he has wasted his trinket. He'll still have Preparation up so you'll have to expect another shadowstep and vanish as well.

Long story short: Once you can get rid of his Preparation he isn't in control anymore. So tell your partner to occasionally help you with some crowd control to make him use cooldowns since it's a ton of work holding you back after you get a couple heals off and start to DoT him up.
    Kazeshini - Senna - Hextech - Nozomi - Homura - Riruka - Fearitself - Amyrose - Hatespike - Broku

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfall View Post
    honestly this problem seems odd, a war or frost dk can straight rape me (disc priest) if I dont get a peel. rogues...i can take 2 on at the same time and they rarely get me below 80%. Anyways some tips to do this with rogues, one use bubble, renew and prayer of mending as they cant be interupted. second use your inner focus when u need to get a greater heal off. fear on cd, and when u redo your bubble, use the 4 sec freedom to put some distance in between you. if you do need to fake cast, cast mana burn, they wont bother trying to interupt mindspike but any threat to their healers mana will usually get a kick freeing you up for a heal. once they finally get through my shields, and start doing more dmg than my hots, my shield is almost rdy again. so if you are still having problems i would say your resil is too low. 3.3k is more than enough to make rogue dmg a joke.
    you must be really lucky to be able to pull off a cast or the rogues you met were just terrible. even with SoS-ed Inner Focus, all they have to do is gouge/CS/blind you to make you waste your 4s of interrupt immunity, and next to that, you're almost good for trash if you got PS on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    you must be really lucky to be able to pull off a cast or the rogues you met were just terrible. even with SoS-ed Inner Focus, all they have to do is gouge/CS/blind you to make you waste your 4s of interrupt immunity, and next to that, you're almost good for trash if you got PS on cd.
    Honestly i'm the same way with rogues.. i have no issue healing through their damage with just PoMs Renews, and PW:S. The ocassional 2 tick penance, and topping myself off (or close to) during fears. Really rogue damage is really shitty unless they're blowing cooldowns.