Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Concerning Aff Locks and the Legendary proc

Im not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but anyone feel it would end up recasting the dot you just cast and just refreshing it knocking off some ticks of said dot therefore maybe even hindering your dps another thing would be if you started channeling something would it duplicate that or only casted spells meaning would it duplicate drain life or drain soul?, unless it put a second version of the dot up which i doubt, like i said not sure if this has been posted elsewhere what are your guys opinions on the matter
    Last edited by Drakile; 2011-05-15 at 05:03 AM.

Armory^

Blizzard's plans for the special ability of the weapon isnt final and they def need to clarify the use a little more.

My opinion: It would be sick if you casted say, corruption, that a second corruption dot was put on your target. BUt double drain soul at 25% on a boss, that would be so op and insane. I wish they would change the crit into haste =p.

Yeah, I think now we have only a very vague and not completely vague concept of what the staff does, it's time to put on the tinfoil hats and pray that the sky won't kill us when it falls.

let's at least wait until the proc is actually released before we discuss how it will impact us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksuit View Post
    Blizzard's plans for the special ability of the weapon isnt final and they def need to clarify the use a little more.

My opinion: It would be sick if you casted say, corruption, that a second corruption dot was put on your target. BUt double drain soul at 25% on a boss, that would be so op and insane. I wish they would change the crit into haste =p.
    Try it for an Arcane mage. If the procc does indeed become what's been datamined, it would be so insanely OP for this particular specc that it's almost not worthwhile putting it elsewhere.

Consider the possibility it works like Dancing Rune Weapon and puts duplicate dots up. And now consider that these dupicliate dots might also be refreshed automatically.

Edit:
    Ah, got beat to it

Edit 2:
    Apparently I should read the final sentence of original posts

My guess is that the spell will have a separate name, separate spell id, and stacks with all your normal dots. It won't be any good if it doesn't work like that, and it'd be going to mages and elemental shamans first since all they really use is DDs. I have no idea how it would work for channels though, idk how you could replicate the spell, but you could still replicate the damage done, I'm guessing it would either proc for just 1 tick or all of them, and it would just deal the damage twice from each tick.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-05-15 at 05:16 AM.

they wont make it duplicate a spell as in you cast immolate and you get double immolate on the boss if it proc
    unless they want to make it complete op
    the way i see it you cast chaos bolt and it hit the target for 30k staff proc you get 60k hit
    as for dots not sure if it will effect them need to see but probebly same
    unstable affliction tick for 10k you get 20k from the staff proc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    they wont make it duplicate a spell as in you cast immolate and you get double immolate on the boss if it proc
    unless they want to make it complete op
    the way i see it you cast chaos bolt and it hit the target for 30k staff proc you get 60k hit
    as for dots not sure if it will effect them need to see but probebly same
    unstable affliction tick for 10k you get 20k from the staff proc
    Like I said, try Arcane.

Spells during a burn phase can hit in the region of 110-120k per time - that's a phenomenal amount of damage which won't be able to be immitated by other classes. It would literally make it an Arcane specific item due to it being so OP.

As I said in this other thread it will suck for warlocks as pet class, they should implement this only if it also affects pets at the same time as our pets do a good chunk of our damage. In this current state it will favor casters without pets.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    Like I said, try Arcane.

Spells during a burn phase can hit in the region of 110-120k per time - that's a phenomenal amount of damage which won't be able to be immitated by other classes. It would literally make it an Arcane specific item due to it being so OP.

This is not the mage forum. Please stay on topic.

The effect should give a mirror dot.

The staff (At the moment) deals damage in the form of -this- so i would presume it would deal the entire dot at once or else it would be underpowered for dot classes
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Deleted
    Double Combustion, nuff said!

Apparently none of you know how DRW works. When DRW hits the target it duplicated the attack, but at a greatly reduced damage.

Lets say a Blood Death Knights hits a Boss with Death Strike. Said DS hits for 40K the DRW DS hits for about 20K. It will not be as OP as all of you are thinking xD.

Also. Any Disease applied by the DK is applied by the DRW, and disappears when the DRW goes away. So DoT classes will get the extra DoTs, but no procs from them.
    Last edited by Expectations; 2011-05-15 at 06:52 AM.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Two points in this thread: one the proc is "on damage" not "on cast". The double effect for channeled spells is...weird..if it doesn't place a "DoT" on the target (drains and mind flay are categorized as channeled DoTs).

Second: everyone is focusing on the data-mined effect when there is a second "turn into a blue dragonflight" effect that is not yet in the files. My guess is that is where the DoT effects will appear.

Thus, you have one effect "Wrath of Tarecgosa" that works for Direct damage, and a buff effect for DoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy next door who steals your wifi :D
    guys really? its not that hard to understand what the proc is. If a dot has the proc, then lets say immolate hit for 10k the proc will make another 10k. If a chaos bolt hit for 30k, then a second chaos bolt hits for 30k. geez why so hard to understand

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 02:55 AM ----------

but in my theory, with this proc imagine an afflic lock cast sb and gets this proc, then by random rng, nightfall just keep reappling. that would be so sick.
    You are such a good friend that if you and me were the last two people trapped on a sinking boat with only 1 life vest left, i would remember and pray for you every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtank View Post
    guys really? its not that hard to understand what the proc is. If a dot has the proc, then lets say immolate hit for 10k the proc will make another 10k. If a chaos bolt hit for 30k, then a second chaos bolt hits for 30k. geez why so hard to understand

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 02:55 AM ----------

but in my theory, with this proc imagine an afflic lock cast sb and gets this proc, then by random rng, nightfall just keep reappling. that would be so sick.
    It's not that this is hard to understand, it's that people are conjecturing about how this would be fair for a dot class vs a direct damage class. As in, how are they are going to balance, say, affliction with dots critting for, say for example, 10k, vs arcane with crits over 100k.

There is no chance it goes live so heavily favoring DD over dots. Either it's going to have a damage limit, or it will only apply to certain spells ... or something. One of the more reasonable assumptions is that it will work like dancing rune weapon and put up a dot of its own.

My main concern is with the fact that the debuff, Wrath of Tarecgosa, is listed as arcane damage. Would this be affected by Arcane Mastery ? (25% bonus for arcane mages to their arcane spells). This is something I could see making it past the PTR and having to be hotfixed.

can you imagine it proccing off of a soulswap exhale, or moonfire, or living bomb? sounds way too absurd for a legendary to behave like that. guess we'll just have to wait and see what the solution will be.

From watching method's stream of the questline, I believe that the spell that was data-mined was the spells he used in the nexus part of the legendary quest. For those who watched it, if you remember he spell stole a buff then proceeded to do massive 80k+ crits

I'd say it would copy the direct dmg spells (like a shadow bolt) casting a second one and for dots it could just double the tick, so your corruption ticks twice instead once every 3 secs.

Sounds better suited to mages and to an extent destro warlocks. Double conflags would deal some damage.