Chinese Trade Spam quetionmarks. ANY way to get rid of them?

My U.S. realm, for whatever reason is 30-40% Chinese.

US WoW clients do not recognize chinese characters so trade chat is spammed with things like ????LF?M???

Is there an addon that blocks this? I know there are addons that make it so you can read chinese, but I just want these bolded questionmark spam AND the chinese people blocked.

I have Spamthrottle, SpamMeNot, etc. None block either.

Ignoremore

Do it manually
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post

Do it manually
    Thanks that will help.

Im looking for an addon that blocks broken unicode(questionmark spam) from being seen, ideally. But that will definately be the best alternative.

I use http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...spambayes.aspx, it works pretty well. Some times you still have to ignore if its short text or something though.

I found this http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ails/wads.aspx

If you try typing /wads add goldfarmingsite.com

as an example it will block any message with that site. So perhaps try with the characters being used like whatever kind of question marks or symbols they are.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

• You could try to add a Lua pattern into the (spam) filter, which filters out e.g. everything that isn't an alphanumeric (a-z, A-Z, 0-9)
      it could also have some unwanted side effects, like removing diacritics. I don't know myself how to write one though =(
    • or just get a font which supports chinese/east-asian characters, so they don't just show up as question marks. at least then you can see what they actually are
    Last edited by Ketho; 2011-05-15 at 09:57 PM.